Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Interesting that on boxes right there u can see Rostest's mark - organization of practical metrology and certification in the Russian Federation
23538c0e-3103-5934-b728-dbf683d20fd8
There is a Russian text there as well - "мягко освежающая зубная паста", "a mildly refreshing toothpaste".
Guess vampires do need lots of those? :lol:

Last edited:

RagingNomad

Educated
Interesting that on boxes right there u can see Rostest's mark - organization of practical metrology and certification in the Russian Federation
There is a Russian text there as well - "мягко освежающая зубная паста", "a mildly refreshing toothpaste".
Точно, не заметил. Actually it makes sense. Must be, Vampires have bad smells from mouth

Shin

Cipher
Has anyone on the Chinese Room (or Paradox for that matter) referenced Bloodlines at all and what made that game so special? All I'm seeing/reading/hearing so far is how its just another WoD game...

Vincente

Arbiter
Точно, не заметил. Actually it makes sense. Must be, Vampires have bad smells from mouth
Smashed bathroom mirror, trash everywhere, possible evidence boxes on people and marked map (information), toothpaste... Makes me think that this is a Nosferatu haven and not particularly PC's. :smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Has anyone on the Chinese Room (or Paradox for that matter) referenced Bloodlines at all and what made that game so special? All I'm seeing/reading/hearing so far is how its just another WoD game...
HSL did that and it didn't make what they were doing look any better.

Harthwain

Magister
Or simply put the box is a means of storage, not actually a package full of toothpaste. It is also a joke ("DEAD-a-med" instead of "blend-a-med").

La vie sexuelle

Learned
All screens looks like from one game :D
Visage and Outlast Trials look like stock lighting-Unreal games, but Ghost Watchers does not (unsurprised to see it's Unity). This is just another game with the Unreal Look.

These are games created by other people, it's understandable that there are minor differences between them. But the artistic direction and artistic sensitivity are similar.

"What sort of vampire are you, and how do you hunt?"

Am I reading too much into it to think "feeding" is going to be more important / developed as a mechanic, than in the original? I want to think "hunt" is more than just code for "combat".

One of the worst aspects about the original game was the extended periods of forced combat. I'm not surprised that they use a flashy topic like combat for trailers, but if one thing doesn't endure from the original, ideally it'd be those extended but extremely repetitive dungeons.

the developers look obese and slimy enough for me to trust them.
:what:

It is an obvious fact that good games was created by obese, filthy men. They are responsible for the biggest RPG hits.

There are more like that: obese blue-haired women create terrible games, Chads create bland corporate products, and obese men in white checkered shirts wrote all the classics of the genre that older users of this forum masturbate to.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Half an hour alone with an AI and here's what I'd like to see in a VTM game (obviously that'll never happen). A lot of Tzimisce but you get the point, if only someone actually bothered to make this. The skull looks like a neat Toreador creation, too, from Leopold of clan novel saga.

alchemyrefiner_alchemymagic_0_d24ab547-eed8-42f3-b479-2cae3b7baabc_0.jpg
alchemyrefiner_alchemymagic_1_29c96a28-cdfa-43c6-a460-089dac7d96d1_0.jpg
alchemyrefiner_alchemymagic_1_33015dc4-4a8a-43b9-bd47-077a133081f3_0.jpg
alchemyrefiner_alchemymagic_2_bd251d18-a8ae-4328-902f-07c0840bd723_0.jpg
alchemyrefiner_alchemymagic_3_e3ce7c41-fc50-454e-b043-8df2358bbfc5_0.jpg
Default_A_mesmerizingly_horrifying_image_captures_the_essence_1_e0eef54b-aac0-43a9-b56d-e34c43...jpg
X Default_A_chilling_scene_unfolds_before_your_eyes_a_horrifying_0_7c907919-f55f-45fa-8176-430...jpg
X Default_A_grotesque_yet_mesmerizing_sight_a_gothic_vampire_wom_0_615df546-275e-4bb7-bcde-d8e...jpg
X Default_A_horrifying_vision_emerges_from_the_depths_of_darknes_0_4dfa81e6-e749-4811-900c-f04...jpg
X Default_vampire_womaan_with_large_fangs_and_bloon_on_her_skin_0_86944594-d4af-4b6a-8cea-8f57...jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
Half an hour alone with an AI and here's what I'd like to see in a VTM game (obviously that'll never happen). A lot of Tzimisce but you get the point, if only someone actually bothered to make this. The skull looks like a neat Toreador creation, too, from Leopold of clan novel saga.

Using A.I is safer than taking acid to temporarily boost your creativity. A.I functions like an externalized subconscious mind, but without the touch of personal memories collected over time. It includes the collective subconsciousness instead.

Last edited:

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Using A.I is safer than taking acid to temporarily boost your creativity. A.I functions like an externalized subconscious mind, but without the touch of personal memories collected over time.
Whoa, acid is dangerous now? How come? Tell that to Kirkbride/Shulgin et al.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Looks like PI finally figured out how to market Bloodlines 2

First Vampire the Bloodlines was punk and gothic. Its music, its band posters, its NPC, its general edge.

Second Vampire the Bloodlines sound sappy, oversensitive, and smell like therapy session. It still could be mediocre, even good on own terms, but never anything like first game.

It's not completely creators fault. Art mirrors life. Our lives, our times are like that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bloodlines songs should sound like being strung out on depressants and this song fits the bill just fine. Haters are just stuck in the past. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom