Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Herumor

Scholar
Personally, I'd love to see Lasombra in action with their Obtenebration fuckery and all the behind-the-scenes implications of what using it does to Lasombra, but Bloodlines 2 will be based on V5 which means Lasombra will be using Oblivion, which is just boring to me.

Vincente

Arbiter
One interesting thing about having ex-Sabbat clans in the game would be how your couple centuries old PC would react to Sabbat being pretty much gone. Like imagine if your character was a Lasombra archbishop before his torpor.

Caim

Arcane
One interesting thing about having ex-Sabbat clans in the game would be how your couple centuries old PC would react to Sabbat being pretty much gone. Like imagine if your character was a Lasombra archbishop before his torpor.
Give the player an option to go right back into torpor because fuck that shit.

J1M

Arcane
Ahh yes, all real and true gamers post on social media about the character creation screen.

Cross

Arcane
Ahh yes, all real and true gamers post on social media about the character creation screen.
You dare doubt her gamer cred, when her bookshelves are adorned with such highbrow works of literature as "Women in gaming"?

BlackheartXIII

Educated

Starting up a new BL1 playthrough and thinking back to when Rhianne_man almost busted me. I was listening to the soundtrack while writing scripts and she wanted to know why I’d been listening to Mission Impossible for an hour. Not sure she bought that I’m a big Tom Cruise fan

It's seems that Longthorne try to project some creditability due the TCR backlash, predictable PR move. odd picture though, i wonder why she haven't choose to photograph/ share her character's sheet instead. Also notice all the pseudointellectual narrative design literature (quite surprised that Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way is not included).

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's seems that Longthorne try to project some creditability due the TCR backlash, predictable PR move. odd picture though, i wonder why she haven't choose to photograph/ share her character sheet instead. Also notice all the pseudointellectual narrative design literature.
Character sheets are for nerds, this shows off the character model and concept. The fiction shown off includes Sapkowski, Martin, Tolkien, and King, so her tastes are certainly very mainstream. Likely had to move the Rowling to an out-of-sight shelf. :P

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Personally, I'd love to see Lasombra in action with their Obtenebration fuckery and all the behind-the-scenes implications of what using it does to Lasombra, but Bloodlines 2 will be based on V5 which means Lasombra will be using Oblivion, which is just boring to me.
V5 retains all the tasty Obtenebration powers for the Lasombra as a variant for Oblivion. It just meshes the Abyss with Umbra, which was long suspected anyway.

Herumor

Scholar
It just meshes the Abyss with Umbra, which was long suspected anyway.
That's what I don't like. I preferred the Abyss being a separate thing, twisting those who use its powers to be shunned by everyone and everything the more you use it, twisting your appearance and manner. Even if the writers didn't really think things through when they made Demon: The Fallen's Abyss and VTM's Abyss, which did get confusing back in the day.

Also, I just don't like Umbra shit.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
V5 retains all the tasty Obtenebration powers for the Lasombra as a variant for Oblivion. It just meshes the Abyss with Umbra, which was long suspected anyway.
Is Obtenebration powerful?
I heard good things about it, but not necessarily how useful and practical it actually is.

Caim

Arcane
It just meshes the Abyss with Umbra, which was long suspected anyway.
That's what I don't like. I preferred the Abyss being a separate thing, twisting those who use its powers to be shunned by everyone and everything the more you use it, twisting your appearance and manner. Even if the writers didn't really think things through when they made Demon: The Fallen's Abyss and VTM's Abyss, which did get confusing back in the day.

Also, I just don't like Umbra shit.
Just about every game line has its own Abyss or equivalent that are distinct from one another, but you can't really glue them together without running into some major issues.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Is Obtenebration powerful?
I heard good things about it, but not necessarily how useful and practical it actually is.
It is adequately powerful to be a tool worthy of the Lasombra.

Harthwain

Magister

Vincente

Arbiter
You dare doubt her gamer cred, when her bookshelves are adorned with such highbrow works of literature as "Women in gaming"?
As a true gamer I don't even read book titles.
What are books?!
Can you eat them?
You probably do eat them in Bloodlines, given how skill books disappear after reading them.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Neo-Noir is a style I actually like, and I like so far what I am seeing. Neat.

It’s not a 1:1 scale replica but we’ve created our Seattle by spending a lot of time researching with Google Earth, maps and real life visits. We haven’t taken things verbatim but we have tried to capture the soul of the city and give it a Vampire Skew.

This is the one thing I am going to find infinitely amusing, as some who actually lives in Seattle. I get this is going to be a "game perspective" of Seattle but I am curious what it will entail. I think they did do at least a little background history at least with the trailer featuring that one Asian vampire lady. That was the first thing that made me go hmmm It looks like the did do some basic research in the old history of Seattle. I do expect our iconic Space Needle to either be present or a scene we visit. I'm also going to guess they also know about the Seattle Underground, and adding that might potentially be interesting.

Vincente

Arbiter
as some who actually lives in Seattle.
Have you seen the map of Seattle in one of the pictures?
Haven_4.png

Bunch of areas are marked, do you know which districts/neighborhoods they might be? I tried to look some of them up and I think two of them are the University District and Beacon Hill, but again I'm not sure. Maybe they're randomly marked.

RagingNomad

Educated
Neo-Noir is a style I actually like, and I like so far what I am seeing. Neat.

It’s not a 1:1 scale replica but we’ve created our Seattle by spending a lot of time researching with Google Earth, maps and real life visits. We haven’t taken things verbatim but we have tried to capture the soul of the city and give it a Vampire Skew.

This is the one thing I am going to find infinitely amusing, as some who actually lives in Seattle. I get this is going to be a "game perspective" of Seattle but I am curious what it will entail. I think they did do at least a little background history at least with the trailer featuring that one Asian vampire lady. That was the first thing that made me go hmmm It looks like the did do some basic research in the old history of Seattle. I do expect our iconic Space Needle to either be present or a scene we visit. I'm also going to guess they also know about the Seattle Underground, and adding that might potentially be interesting.
Actually in WoD all cities and places looks similar but also have differences. In example, Chicago is the most prescribed city have impenetrable forest with werewolf's.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
as some who actually lives in Seattle.
Have you seen the map of Seattle in one of the pictures?
Haven_4.png

Bunch of areas are marked, do you know which districts/neighborhoods they might be? I tried to look some of them up and I think two of them are the University District and Beacon Hill, but again I'm not sure. Maybe they're randomly marked.
lol I totally missed at picture with the map. And yeah that's like the University District and that X is possibly Capitol Hill? (Just a FYI for people Capitol Hill is kind of like the GAY Castro District of Seattle). I actually suck at my Seattle district locations, this city is so FUCKING HUGE and there are sooo fucking many :lol:

Wesp5

Arcane
Bloodlines did the same with LA. They basically showed some known landmarks and improvised the rest :)!

The President

Educated
I do actually like the look of the city so far. It looks like they kept the apartment that the player character from the HSL version was in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom