Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

ColaWerewolf

Educated
But not depressive.
It's a bit subjective, but I found the Asp Hole's song to be depressive, which fit with Ash's self-pitying, suicidal personality. Depressive songs definitely fit with VtM, especially if Toreador are involved.

Wesp5

Arcane
It's a bit subjective, but I found the Asp Hole's song to be depressive, which fit with Ash's self-pitying, suicidal personality. Depressive songs definitely fit with VtM, especially if Toreador are involved.

Rik Schaffer wasn't involved with the licensed songs, but he said in an interview that when making the Bloodlines music, he was at a low point in his live which made the music so powerful and fitting.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Instead, more accurate would be to say that the song's genre isn't the same of the songs found in the first game, which most belong to metal, black metal, alternative rock, darkwave, goth and punk; with the particular flavour of the 2000s scene on top. Since the song posted sounds like none of this, saying that is different is just stating the obvious, not a hater's comment.

There were people here and in the youtube comments expressing their dislike of their song, so yes, those people would be haters.

And putting that aside, depressive wasn't the mood of most vocal songs in original Bloodlines.
So what? Chiasm's Isolated is pretty iconic and that's very melancholy. This was also a song made especially for the game, not not a pre-existing licensed track, and we have no idea what any other licensed tracks will be like, if any exist.

Additionally

The licensed tracks were chosen by Activision without input from Troika.

You're praising the creative choices of soulless suits and not people who would have perhaps had different feelings of what was appropriate for their game.

Häyhä

Arbiter
The licensed tracks were chosen by Activision without input from Troika.

You're praising the creative choices of soulless suits and not people who would have perhaps had different feelings of what was appropriate for their game.

So? Obviously the "suit" in charge knew what he was doing and licenced good songs that fit the game. Also, it's not solely "their" (Troika's) game, they were hired craftsmen not some auteur artists. They worked with a commercial publisher to make a commercial entertainment product and made a game in an established IP, so it was not purely "their" creation at any point to begin with.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So? Obviously the "suit" in charge knew what he was doing and licenced good songs that fit the game.
Subjective. I thought most of the tracks were crap myself. :)

Leonard: The music licensing was done through Activision. We weren’t involved.

Doesn't sound like a guy who was 100% happy with their decisions.

Also, it's not solely "their" (Troika's) game, they were hired craftsmen not some auteur artists. They worked with a commercial publisher to make a commercial entertainment product and made a game in an established IP, so it was not purely "their" creation at any point to begin with.

They have to follow guidelines, but no creator likes it when moneymen hire them to do a job and then micromanages certain decisions.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
There were people here and in the youtube comments expressing their dislike of their song, so yes, those people would be haters.
This is a poorly thought-out take. Not every expeession of dislike equals hate.
They have to follow guidelines, but no creator likes it when moneymen hire them to do a job and then micromanages certain decisions.
I am for some reason reminded of all those Popes who dared to demand that auteurs finish their paintings and sculptures on time :lol:

Xelocix

Learned
I've got a news flash for all you queers saying you like midnight:

THIS GAME IS GOING TO FUCKING SUCK!!

Saying you like this queer song isn't making you look cool, you just seem like a cock-licker who likes low-t mumbleshit pop music and supports the decline of WOD/VTM. So yeah, stfu and kill yourselves. Kthxbai. :-D

Xelocix

Learned
"HUrR DuRR ThiS SoNG fiTS peRFecTLY inTO VTM!!!! It sOuNdS jUSt thE sAME!!!1!1"

:hmmm:

Yeah it sounds EXACTLY the same :roll::roll::roll::roll:

You fags get more retarded by the hour. Can't believe there are people here who're unironically defending this crap. ROFL.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah it sounds EXACTLY the same
It sounds like the hub music they used, not the licensed tracks that were chosen by an Activision suit with 0 input/influence from Troika on what was appropriate for their game.

Quite contrarian to go with "Activision was good actually" given that Cain, Boyarsky, and Mitsoda had nothing good to say about them (even angering Mitsoda to the point where he kicked a chair in a meeting).

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
it sounds like a trailer track for one of the sideshow Marvel movies in-between the ensemble ones, really generic and gay
it sounds like shit

Vincente

Arbiter
Premiering on October 31st, Seattle by Night season two will include eight episodes that air every Tuesday at 5:00 PM Pacific / 8:00 PM Eastern on PennyArcade Twitch channel. The events unfolding in season two set the stage for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2!
More tabletop tie-in stuff like they had in PAX.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
Premiering on October 31st, Seattle by Night season two will include eight episodes that air every Tuesday at 5:00 PM Pacific / 8:00 PM Eastern on PennyArcade Twitch channel. The events unfolding in season two set the stage for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2!
More tabletop tie-in stuff like they had in PAX.
It's rough when even the actors look less gay than the characters they play as. It's the opposite of power-fantasy. Faggot-fantasy.
F9SrrSVbgAAt232

Wesp5

Arcane
Quite contrarian to go with "Activision was good actually" given that Cain, Boyarsky, and Mitsoda had nothing good to say about them (even angering Mitsoda to the point where he kicked a chair in a meeting).
The licenced music still kind of works because it is only played in the clubs and on the radio, so it really isn't that big a part of the atmosphere of the game itself.

Does that mean Rik Schaffer's Bloodlines theme being inspired by Massive Attack was not from Troika but from Activision?

Wesp5

Arcane
Does that mean Rik Schaffer's Bloodlines theme being inspired by Massive Attack was not from Troika but from Activision?
I have no idea. Also Rik Schaffer used some melodies he had composed earlier, so it might have been a coincidence...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That was Troika.
I will say that I was honered that in the end they chose my composition for the Title Theme of the game. It had been in there since E3 2003 and I think they thought it just worked the best. That made me feel good as a composer. It has an obvious influence from Massive Attack because that is precisely what the developer wanted and thought would work the best. It was a challenge to create a title theme for a game with only being given one influence and reference, but I studied the relationship and sparseness between the bass and drums in bands like Massive Attack and Portishead and began creating a lot of textures and dark themes. There is a lot of use of harmonic guitar feedback in that composition.

Gandalf

Arbiter
Knowing that Tim wanted Fallout soundtrack to sound like Aphex Twin it instantly made me suspect that he also wanted Bloodlines to sound like Massive Attack. It might be his fault.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Knowing that Tim wanted Fallout soundtrack to sound like Aphex Twin it instantly made me suspect that he also wanted Bloodlines to sound like Massive Attack. It might be his fault.
It all went smooth in the end.
Mark Morgan did an impressive job working on Fallout 1 and 2 soundtracks, while Rik also made the awesome soundtrack for Bloodlines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom