Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Semiurge

Cipher
The faces of the female(?) in the concept art look better than the 3D render. It has very sharp features and the eyes have the same kind of burning intensity as Raven Shaddock did in Streets of Fire. The render on the other hand looks like a twink or a butch lesbian, despite the slightly softer features. That's what irks me - that those british wankers insist on making the female(?) Brujah look like a sissyboy who's trying to look like a bad mofo, or alternatively like a fucking roadman (the alleged gangrel with the hoodie). Why not add at least a bit of femininity and hotness, sort of like Trash from Return of the Living Dead? At this point I fully expect that the next render of the female(?) will feature a plaid shirt, also tucked in the pants. Maybe with a wallet chain hanging from the pants as well.

facepalm.png

Even if the appearance will be customizable it's a very bad sign that they choose to introduce Phyre this way, as genderqueer as possible. These are the features they think will appeal most to their target audience, and thus their desired audience is not much of a mystery anymore. They want the Bioware crowd. It also makes you wonder if these devs mostly comprise of trannies whose personal cause is to erase womanhood, out of envy, and if that's why they want the female Phyre to dress in men's clothing, sporting a man's haircut.

Last edited:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
A man designing characters will create a man he wants to be and a woman he wants to be with.

A woman designing characters will create a man she wants to be with and a woman that's not a threat.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
A man designing characters will create a man he wants to be and a woman he want to be with.

A woman designing characters will create a man she want to be with and a woman that's not a threat.

You might think that they are prone to do so on a subconscious level, but it doesn't seem to be true as far as female gamers are concerned. They make their characters "threatening", if game mod sites are of any indication. The new Lara models in those upcoming Tomb Raider remasters have received very positive feedback, one comment on youtube was "she looks so pretty!". I doubt that came from a male. Geralt from TW3 can function like a doll that you preen before play, the net is full of pictures of cool looking Geralts. Everyone generally wants to make their character look attractive because these characters represent a self-insert, unless they create something specific like a Nosferatu or some other predefined character.

The devs who purposely uglify female characters have an ideological agenda, or one born from sexual dysfunction.

Last edited:

Joyvankek

Learned
Oh yeah, this version is very Tremere. I can almost smell our stolen Blood.
Never happened.
Tremere is totally legit clan, just as valid as others, there were no blood magic experiments or other questionable deeds, whatever claims otherwise is Sabbat and Salubri propaganda.

Also the female(?) is ugly as night.
If I want to play an abomination I will play Nosferatu or Samedi.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Never happened.
Tremere is totally legit clan, just as valid as others, there were no blood magic experiments or other questionable deeds, whatever claims otherwise is Sabbat and Salubri propaganda.
Very well. But please step into the vohzd pit anyway.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A man designing characters will create a man he wants to be and a woman he want to be with.

A woman designing characters will create a man she want to be with and a woman that's not a threat.

You might think so, but that's not true as far as female gamers are concerned. They make their characters "threatening", if game mod sites are of any indication. The new Lara models in those upcoming Tomb Raider remasters have received very positive feedback, one comment on youtube was that "she looks so pretty!". I doubt that came from a male.

No, those devs who purposely uglify female characters have an ideological agenda, or one born from sexual dysfunction. Women who customize characters that would become their own self-inserts want to make them look cool and sexy, even if their definition of those things differs from the mainstream.
There's a divide between normal women and women who enter the entertainment industry.

The art directors for Bloodlines 2 are John McCormack and Ben Matthews, guys browbeaten by feminist criticism.

Joyvankek

Learned
Never happened.
Very well. But please step into the vohzd pit anyway.
I will have to politely decline your invitation.
Also you are more than welcome to visit my Chantry, I need some blo... I would love to have a stimulating conversation.

P.S Didn't your clan ceased to create those abominations? To my knowledge in modern nights, they are as much of a pain in the ass as Gargoyls are.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane

You might think so, but that's not true as far as female gamers are concerned. They make their characters "threatening", if game mod sites are of any indication. The new Lara models in those upcoming Tomb Raider remasters have received very positive feedback, one comment on youtube was that "she looks so pretty!". I doubt that came from a male.

No, those devs who purposely uglify female characters have an ideological agenda, or one born from sexual dysfunction. Women who customize characters that would become their own self-inserts want to make them look cool and sexy, even if their definition of those things differs from the mainstream.
nigga, it's not mmo. she's not creating her character. she's creating character other women will play.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I will have to politely decline your invitation.
Also you are more than welcome to visit my Chantry, I need some blo... I would love to have a stimulating conversation.
A pity. But I will take you up on your offer and pay you visit. With friends.
P.S Didn't your clan stopped to create those abominations? To my knowledge in modern nights, they are as much of a pain in the ass as Gargoyls are.
They never rebelled, if that is what you refer to as "pain in the as" regarding Gargoyles. But the utility of a massive war ghoul crafted out of 30ish mortals is indeed limited in these nights of RPGs and other high explosives. And the low generation Dragons even capable of sufficient levels of Animalism and Protean required to shape vohzds are now rare indeed. But some of us still keep them as treasured pets.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In some ways, I'm grateful the tremere exist. They reveal which among the VtM-fans are in it for the misunderstood, edgy, idiotic anime power trip-fantasy, and who are there for the themes of actual merit and worth

Joyvankek

Learned
In some ways, I'm grateful the tremere exist. They reveal which among the VtM-fans are in it for the misunderstood, edgy, idiotic anime power trip-fantasy, and who are there for the themes of actual merit and worth
So Tremere are edgy, yet for example Tzimisce that will fleshcraft you into a chair, aren't...
It seems I've spotted a tourist.
Also there is nothing wrong with being edgy, though Tremere are more on the side of mage's lodge going full on vampiric blood mages, than being an edgy clan for the sake of it. Where you got "misunderstood and idiotic power trip" is a mystery too me.
We're talking about world full of immortal vampires, powerful mages, technocratic "mages" that have satellites with spiritual nukes in orbit, and shapeshifters like garou. We even have hunters with faith so high they can preform miracles, all of them can mop the floor with most of the ordinary humans. This whole universe is one big power trip no matter which supernatural you pick. Yet you only have problem with Tremere, I would assume that one killed off your PC in some RP session and that's why you are so butthurt about them, but since you have no clue what you are talking about, I somehow doubt you ever played any RP in that world.
If you want to play as edgy vamp, then Sabbat is the way to go, and if you want to go edge lord levels, you have Baali.
Do some research next time, before going full retard.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I wonder if we get Gangranel, will the character undergo transformations, or will it all end with bonus names like "Bat Senses" or "Wolf Agility".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom