Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

sosmoflux

Educated
So they're taking the Double Down approach to dealing with criticism from their main audience. Very cool. Very smart.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm still angry they robbed me of the release drama that should've happened years ago.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So they're taking the Double Down approach to dealing with criticism from their main audience. Very cool. Very smart.
They're not addressing any criticism at all, just ignoring it. Probably for the best.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm thinking this will be a game like Thi4f, ending up as a complete failure just like it, when it should've carried on the original "Deus Ex, but with vampires" tradition.
Game is so unimpressive so far that it makes me wonder how it can even be taken seriously anymore.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
"Deus Ex, but with vampires"
A huge part of why VTMB was good is its cinematic nature. Camera angles, voiced dialogues, facial movement, combat moves, set pieces, etc, its framed like a movie. Of course, back then VTMB was ahead of the curve on that. Today, games like The Witcher show a fancy cinematic big RPG, and VTMB2 simply doesn't have the budget.
Anyway, point being that if it was just "Deus Ex, but with vampires", people will say its missing something, has no soul, sans je ne sais quoi, doesn't quite feel right, and so on. To feel like the first game felt, it has to be big and expensive. A rushed out release to avoid being sued by people who preordered won't be the sequel we want. Hopefully it will at least be a cool different game, with the wrong name.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In just briefly watching the video, they DO at least understand the basics of the VtM setting and control. They do seem to get that and understand it. Am looking forward to seeing a bit more on examples of more dialogue in the game.

Shaja

Educated
Hi dears,

Just a friendly reminder that the PC Gamer Show will start in 2 h.

I know this digital magazine is quite degenerate, but Bloodlines 2 is going to take place in the show. That´s why I put it here

Semiurge

Cipher
-Phyre having much more experience about being a vampire , while Fabian is a rookie, but Fabian is the one up to date of what´s currently happening in modern day

So you control an elder, but you have a trendy hipster compass living in your head. Or does your body belong to the hipster that tried to diablerize Phyre, but Phyre's blood wrestled control and took over the hipster's body and a little part of the hipster survived?

This is dumb and redundant both. Dumb because CP2077 did this shit already, and redundant if they mean to include a Malkavian campaign, no matter whether you also play as Phyre in that or not. If you play as some other vampire in the malk campaign, how do they mean to involve being demented if not with voices in your head? These voices are canon, they are a direct channel to Malkav - your antediluvian, and other Malkavians. Clan Malkavian offered Bloodlines a fresh perspective, in this game you'd think "been there, done that".

I'm seriously doubting that malks will be playable.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Or does your body belong to the hipster that tried to diablerize Phyre, but Phyre's blood wrestled control and took over the hipster's body and a little part of the hipster survived?
Either that, or a freshly awoken Phyre devoured a Thinblood hipster and now has a remnant of his consciousness and voice in its head. The voice thing can happen regardless of the Generation of the victim. Either way would be a lore friendly explanation of the phenomenon.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Or does your body belong to the hipster that tried to diablerize Phyre, but Phyre's blood wrestled control and took over the hipster's body and a little part of the hipster survived?

That would explain femvamp's body model.

:philosoraptor:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In just briefly watching the video, they DO at least understand the basics of the VtM setting and control. They do seem to get that and understand it. Am looking forward to seeing a bit more on examples of more dialogue in the game.
Abu Antar Story fag, combat fag
Jaesun Optimism fag

I hope the optimism fag wins. *inhales hopium*

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
People who said Banu Haqim got it. https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/clans/banu-haqim

Banu_03_Render.png

Shaja

Educated
The 3rd clan reveal should happen anytime soon this week.

So while i was taking a shower (Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider style), it came to my mind that the outfit with the hoodie COULD be Banu Haqim. It´s a bit similiar to the disguise Outstar was wearing to explain about this clan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRWLWC6Zleg

Why not Nosferatu nor Gangrel? Because the developers don´t have the time / skill / budget to make Gangrel transformation animations nor changing NPC dialogues/reactions for Nosferatu.

Besides, the Banu Haqim icon was appearing in the Dying Light 2 crossover.

IDK, will see...

I´m so smart.

....Anyway

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...rade-bloodlines-2/news/clan-reveal-banu-haqim

Good evening Kindred,​

Earlier this month, we announced the first two clans of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Brujah and Tremere. Today at PC Gamer Most Wanted, we introduce the third playable clan of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.

Following launch, two additional clans will be made available in DLC: one giving you a new way to experience the main-game and another offering a completely unique Seattle story.

Who are the Banu Haqim?​

The Clan of the Hunt, Assassins, Children of Haqim, Saracens, Mediators, Lawmen

Cursed with a thirst for the Blood of other vampires, the Banu Haqim stalk the night as judges and lawbringers. To this end, most Banu Haqim adhere to a strict code of conduct - derived from law, faith, or personal ethics - sating their Hunger on those that breach these convictions.

Concept Art

banu haqim concept

Banu Haqim powers focus on strategic stalking, avoiding attacks and assassination.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Really? Assamites? Color me surprised.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom