Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

ColaWerewolf

Educated
Would be hilarious if they made the 4th option be Caitiff. Wouldn't be surprised since they spoiled the 3 clans in Dying Light, but are keeping the final one as a secret. This level of secrecy and separation from the other 3 clans doesn't make sense unless the final clan is not a clan at all.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Caitiff! The other Malkavian!

1. Ventrue, Lasombra, Toreador
  2. Brujah, Gangrel, Ravnos
  3. Tremere, Banu Haqim/Salubri, Tzimisce
  4. Malkavian, Nosferatu, Caitiff
?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Really? Assamites? Color me surprised.
They now share the Blood Sorcery Discipline with Tremere. Since we have Tremere, the Banu Haquim were obvious.
The last one should be social oriented. Toreador, Ventrue, Lasombra.
Lasombra would be nice, but Oblivion would be a Discipline just for them. All the Toreador Disciplines are already in-game, so that would be my guess. Either that, or Ventrue, as Fortitude won't require specific animations.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Brujah, Tremere and Assassinates Bacha Bazi? I bet the 4th one will be something utterly redundant like Gangrel or Ravnos.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
People who said Banu Haqim got it. https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/clans/banu-haqim

Banu_03_Render.png
Well it certainly looks like the shady refugee types that hang around parks after dark and sell drugs/stab you.

Herumor

Scholar
It's somehow amazing how even so little footage manages to look so fucking boring and bland.

Now they're gonna take a two week hike, or more, before revealing the next playable clan, as if they've done some kind of tremendous job here, splicing apart 45 seconds of footage - don't want to burn out on OT, I suppose.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Brujah, Tremere and Assassinates Bacha Bazi? I bet the 4th one will be something utterly redundant like Gangrel or Ravnos.
Interesting. I'd like it more if it were Malkavian.
Me too, but utter nincompoops are making this gayme. They're not going the extra mile to accommodate a Malkavian or Nospheratu playstyle, which means they'd either lore-rape these clans' portrayal in the protagonist, or not even bother.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In just briefly watching the video, they DO at least understand the basics of the VtM setting and control. They do seem to get that and understand it. Am looking forward to seeing a bit more on examples of more dialogue in the game.
Abu Antar Story fag, combat fag
Jaesun Optimism fag

I hope the optimism fag wins. *inhales hopium*
Do I think they are going to pull of a decent cRPG experience as well as Bloodlines? I doubt it. Need to see some actual area design. Dialogue wise, seems ok so far. Still will wait for more actual info and design examples.

PnP wise, I actually like this set up. This would be very fun to play though. I know exactly how (as an Elder in this situation) I would be handling this situation. Hoping that is translated well in the actual game.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Remember body positivity and fighting oppressive western-cis-hetero-normative beauty standards is all the rage these days. They actually delude themselves to believing the current Phyre is in fact sexually attractive.
This is amusing, as real the vampires would probably be the biggest racist jerks and sexists you ever knew.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Remember body positivity and fighting oppressive western-cis-hetero-normative beauty standards is all the rage these days. They actually delude themselves to believing the current Phyre is in fact sexually attractive.
This is amusing, as real the vampires would probably be the biggest racist jerks and sexists you ever knew.
In WoD they have a tendency to spread their curse to individuals that are somehow exceptional, and their power needn't be strictly physical. So amongst themselves they have little reason to be racist or sexist. These are replaced with clan biases and ageism. And all mortals are pawns and cattle. Again, no room for sexism and racism. Institutionally, of course, as individual Cainites might retain the biases of their lifetimes - [Lasombra] for example, is said to have Embraced only men.

Last edited:

RagingNomad

Educated
Devs told us that last DLC clan will be with own story. If idea with diablerie is right then maybe last story will be about thin-blood which wins roll check and devours soul of Phyre?

RagingNomad

Educated
They now share the Blood Sorcery Discipline with Tremere. Since we have Tremere, the Banu Haquim were obvious.
Lasombra would be nice, but Oblivion would be a Discipline just for them. All the Toreador Disciplines are already in-game, so that would be my guess. Either that, or Ventrue, as Fortitude won't require specific animations.
For example, Banu Haqim are linked to Tremere by Blood Sorcery, and Celerity is linked to Brujah;
All existing clans should have a unique discipline, like Obfuscate by Assamites.
We have Potence, Presence, Auspex and Dominate are unrelated with any playable clans. If we choose Toreador (Auspex, Celerity, Presence) as the last clan, there is no unique discipline for them. But Lasombra/Ventrue does have one unique discipline. Oblivion and Fortitude.

Delterius

Arcane
I think that in theory Banu Haqim and Tremere tend to pick different types of powers, but it's not like we are playing some sort of utility magic person in this first person shooter.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
For example, Banu Haqim are linked to Tremere by Blood Sorcery, and Celerity is linked to Brujah;
All existing clans should have a unique discipline, like Obfuscate by Assamites.
We have Potence, Presence, Auspex and Dominate are unrelated with any playable clans. If we choose Toreador (Auspex, Celerity, Presence) as the last clan, there is no unique discipline for them. But Lasombra/Ventrue does have one unique discipline. Oblivion and Fortitude.
Let us separate what is feasible (the devs will pick the Clans that result in the lowest number of Disciplines requiring implementation, so a high overlap with each other), from what is desirable (for you, I take it, a combination of Clans that gives each a unique Discipline). FYI, V5 no longer has any Clan-unique Disciplines. Serpentis and Vicissitude have been replaced by specific applications of Protean which is now shared between the Gangrel, Setites (now "rebranded" as Ministry) and Tzimisce, as opposed to being unique to Gangrel. Quietus and Thaumaturgy have been folded into Blood Sorcery, which is shared by Assamites and Tremere, each with specific powers. Obtenebration and Necromancy have been folded into Oblivion, which is shared by Lasombra and Hecata (re-united Giovanni and Cappadocian survivors), again each with specific powers.

Now, as to your desire for each Bloodlines 2 Clan having a unique Discipline, I doubt it is feasible in the long run. We presently have:

Brujah with Presence, Celerity and Potence
Tremere with Blood Sorcery, Dominate and Auspex
Assamite with Blood Sorcery, Celerity and Obfuscate

So yeah, a Lasombra with Porence, Dominate and Oblivion would leave Presence as unique to Brujah, and Auspex unique to Tremere, while a Ventrue with Dominate, Presence and Fortitude would leave Potence unique to Brujah and again Auspex unique to Tremere. But consider an incoming DLC clan (or was it TWO? I'm almost certain it was). Suddenly avoiding Discipline overlap gets exponentially harder.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Longthorne has more enthusiasm for Bloodlines than Patel had for the Infinity Engine games (only played Torment for PoE and didn't like it)

one of her old tweet threads said:
It’s not unusual to end up writing for an IP you’re not a fan of, but in order to adapt it’s integral to get inside the heads of fans and find the source of their joy. That requires a certain respect.

I’ve worked almost exclusively on established IPs in my games career, and I’ve rarely been an existing/avid fan of the source material. It’s like having a separate dessert stomach: you set aside your existing feelings to appreciate something different.

When I see people working on stuff they’re unrelentingly dismissive of, it rarely results in something fans enjoy.

I've seen this pop up a few times and folks are joining unrelated dots, so just to clear things up, I was speculating on the Witcher TV series and harking back to my time on Hogwarts Legacy, since I never got into HP as a kid. Bloodlines 1? Directly into my eyeballs, please.

Love Island and RuneScape also fall under that category. Bloodlines, on the other hand, was in the 'not an existing fan' category - that is to say, I wasn't familiar with it beforehand and had to catch up. I loved it so much I took days off work to play.

Of course it was redditors who picked that up and drew the wrong conclusions. :M

RagingNomad

Educated
Let us separate what is feasible (the devs will pick the Clans that result in the lowest number of Disciplines requiring implementation, so a high overlap with each other), from what is desirable (for you, I take it, a combination of Clans that gives each a unique Discipline). FYI, V5 no longer has any Clan-unique Disciplines. Serpentis and Vicissitude have been replaced by specific applications of Protean which is now shared between the Gangrel, Setites (now "rebranded" as Ministry) and Tzimisce, as opposed to being unique to Gangrel. Quietus and Thaumaturgy have been folded into Blood Sorcery, which is shared by Assamites and Tremere, each with specific powers. Obtenebration and Necromancy have been folded into Oblivion, which is shared by Lasombra and Hecata (re-united Giovanni and Cappadocian survivors), again each with specific powers.

Now, as to your desire for each Bloodlines 2 Clan having a unique Discipline, I doubt it is feasible in the long run. We presently have:

Brujah with Presence, Celerity and Potence
Tremere with Blood Sorcery, Dominate and Auspex
Assamite with Blood Sorcery, Celerity and Obfuscate

So yeah, a Lasombra with Porence, Dominate and Oblivion would leave Presence as unique to Brujah, and Auspex unique to Tremere, while a Ventrue with Dominate, Presence and Fortitude would leave Potence unique to Brujah and again Auspex unique to Tremere. But consider an incoming DLC clan (or was it TWO? I'm almost certain it was). Suddenly avoiding Discipline overlap gets exponentially harder.
I know about "unique" disciplines in V5. Actually clans have it. Hecata cannot use Obtenebration like Lasombra can't use Necromancy. They have general origin (Oblivion for them) but separate clans use it with other methods and styles. It just like electricity and magnetism. Mathematicaly they same but it looks different

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom