Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

BlackheartXIII

Educated
Bloodlines, on the other hand, was in the 'not an existing fan' category - that is to say, I wasn't familiar with it beforehand and had to catch up. I loved it so much I took days off work to play.
Alot of the IP writers crowed tend to fake an affection for their current work for PR reasons of course, I remembering that i once joined a Narrative designers tumblr discussion were they tip each other how to write for a current game while avoiding playing it (watching YT walkthroughs and reading wikis were the popular solutions).
i highly doubt that she actuality played the game.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bloodlines, on the other hand, was in the 'not an existing fan' category - that is to say, I wasn't familiar with it beforehand and had to catch up. I loved it so much I took days off work to play.
Alot of the IP writer crowed tend to fake an affection for their current work for PR reasons of course, I remembering that i once joined a Narrative designers tumblr discussion were they tip each other how to write for a current game while avoiding playing it (watching YT walkthroughs and reading wikis were the popular solutions).
Would she really post a screenshot from character creation of a game she has no intention of playing to impress a few dozen people?
thinking.png

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alot of the IP writer crowed tend to fake an affection for their current work for PR reasons of course, I remembering that i once joined a Narrative designers tumblr discussion were they tip each other how to write for a current game while avoiding playing it (watching YT walkthroughs and reading wikis were the popular solutions).
Would she really post a screenshot from character creation of a game she has no intention of playing to impress a few dozen people?
thinking.png
have we forgotten Fluent already

Latelistener

Arcane
I'm not sure they would understand how Dishonored works, unless they actually have some Arkane refugees.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They had a programmer from Rocksteady who seemed excited about the project he was going to be working on and couldn't "wait to talk about it", but he left earlier this year before the reveal. :M

Last year he wrote a blog where he described himself as the lead programmer, which is well... since they already announced it again, I'm sure they'll ship something. Certainly seems kinda bad when a game loses its lead programmer though. :P

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
"No, I hate the work and don't care about the company, I just need money to pay bills and buy food."

95% of employees if they're being honest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"No, I hate the work and don't care about the company, I just need money to pay bills and buy food."

He was already employed and left for "an offer [he] couldn't turn down." It doesn't seem likely they were offering him more money than he was already getting, Paradox with its many post-Ebba problems doesn't seem like it's in the position to do such things.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

He was already employed and left for "an offer [he] couldn't turn down." It doesn't seem likely they were offering him more money than he was already getting, Paradox with its many post-Ebba problems doesn't seem like it's in the position to do such things.

I was actually referring to the new TCR senior/head writer, but as you can see, this quote can be universally applied. :)

Wait, her last game was the Hogwarts title?

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I guess someone could make the argument that modern WoD is just edgier Potterverse. I would like to see that argument actually, I think it'll be hilarious.

sosmoflux

Educated
They had a programmer from Rocksteady who seemed excited about the project he was going to be working on and couldn't "wait to talk about it", but he left earlier this year before the reveal. :M

Last year he wrote a blog where he described himself as the lead programmer, which is well... since they already announced it again, I'm sure they'll ship something. Certainly seems kinda bad when a game loses its lead programmer though. :P
Lead programmers come and go in this industry. They barely do any real work. Instead they obsess about code reviews and slow programming processes.

I imagine he was expected to actually do some work and help make the game and remembered he could go make quadruple the pay with a tenth if the work at a bigger company. Happens all the time.

Latelistener

Arcane
I'm not sure they would understand how Dishonored works, unless they actually have some Arkane refugees.
Last time TCR said that this version goes away from Dishonored style which HSL tried to make in first iteration
Their reasoning is retarded though.

They said they don't want players to fear enemies like apparently it was in Dishonored, when in fact you were exactly like an overpowered vampire in that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom