Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
4. Thinblood alchemists have discovered a pretty interesting blood-drug that, upon consumption, sates the Hunger as if the imbiber completely drained a mortal, and provides the benefits of the Blush of Life.

Sounds a bit like the serum in Blade.
No specifics as to its ingredients or side effects (other than hallucinations) were given. For an effect that powerful, I wouldn't be surprised if the final drop of a mortal's blood was necessary.

Semiurge

Cipher
I bet they will announce some of the following clans by using the male-Phyre model which will look like a chad, even as a Toreador dandy. This would be completely in-line with designers being alphabet people. The female characters will be butch or androgynous, the males traditionally masculine and handsome. Trannies and feminists have a common enemy - beautiful natural women, and a certain subset of non-alphabet natural women style their Mary Sues as butch anyway, with the appropriate hairstyles that they would never dare wear themselves.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
the males traditionally masculine and handsome.
Wishful thinking.

I predict male Fire to have basically the same model.

It's just more efficient/economical when the female model is already androgynous. Wouldn't even be surprised if they announced that the current model is unisex use.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my expectations are below ground at this point.

Semiurge

Cipher
the males traditionally masculine and handsome.
Wishful thinking.

I predict male Fire to have basically the same model.

It's just more efficient/economical when the female model is already androgynous. Wouldn't even be surprised if they announced that the current model is unisex use.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my expectations are below ground at this point.

That would make sense, but so far every revealed clan model has followed the published concept art faithfully, even down to the apparel. The males in them looked soyjacked, but still recognizably male.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
That would make sense, but so far every revealed clan model has followed the published concept art faithfully, even down to the apparel. The males in them looked soyjacked, but still recognizably male.

Yeah I was thinking that too. But in my opinion, the male version in the concept lineup looks a lot like the female version and is noticeably shorter (lol).

1701191881861.png

Also compare the faces. The first male face is alright, but the second is female phyre with facial hair.

1701191796009.png

The President

Educated
Remember body positivity and fighting oppressive western-cis-hetero-normative beauty standards is all the rage these days. They actually delude themselves to believing the current Phyre is in fact sexually attractive.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
White Wolf removed Vicissitude as a stand-alone Discipline because it would allow players to turn ugly characters attractive.
Really?
I remember it was a pretty cool discipline, potentially very powerful, but quite tricky to use effectively.
Especially since many of its uses and effects are a blatant breach of the Masquerade.

std::namespace

White Wolf removed Vicissitude as a stand-alone Discipline because it would allow players to turn ugly characters attractive.
you'd think this would be right up a tranny's alley... phrasing!

ulknFmc.png

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
you'd think this would be right up a tranny's alley... phrasing!

ulknFmc.png
Eh, fleshcraft is for trannies. Might I remind my esteemed colleagues that Vykos, the signature Tzimisce character, shed off its own manhood and threw it in the face of the Camarilla's Ventrue founder.

Caim

Arcane
Really?
I remember it was a pretty cool discipline, potentially very powerful, but quite tricky to use effectively.
Especially since many of its uses and effects are a blatant breach of the Masquerade.
If you want the Vicissitude powers, they have been folded into Protean as Dominate powers. So you'll want Dominate 2 on top of Protean 2, 3 and 4 to use the Vicissitude, Fleshcrafting and Horrid Form powers. If you want to meld with the land that's now Animalism 2 on top of Protean 5 as well. Check the Vampire V Companion book for these powers.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Really?
If you want the Vicissitude powers, they have been folded into Protean as Dominate powers. So you'll want Dominate 2 on top of Protean 2, 3 and 4 to use the Vicissitude, Fleshcrafting and Horrid Form powers. If you want to meld with the land that's now Animalism 2 on top of Protean 5 as well. Check the Vampire V Companion book for these powers.
To slightly expand on this V5 Vicissitude is the reshaping of oneself, Fleshcrafting is the reshaping of others, and thus, logically, learning Horrid Form requires only Vicissitude, not Fleshcrafting, allowing one to take a standard Protean power at 3 dots, should one be so inclined (Feral Claws, anyone? To, ah, round out the Horrid Form?). Furthermore, One With The Land, which grants awareness of all that transpires within 5 miles of ones resting place, requires the standard Protean power of Earth Meld. All in all, V5 has been good to us Fiends.

Shaja

Educated
The 3rd clan reveal should happen anytime soon this week.

So while i was taking a shower (Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider style), it came to my mind that the outfit with the hoodie COULD be Banu Haqim. It´s a bit similiar to the disguise Outstar was wearing to explain about this clan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRWLWC6Zleg

Why not Nosferatu nor Gangrel? Because the developers don´t have the time / skill / budget to make Gangrel transformation animations nor changing NPC dialogues/reactions for Nosferatu.

Besides, the Banu Haqim icon was appearing in the Dying Light 2 crossover.

IDK, will see...

Shaja

Educated
New Dev Diary

ZZZZZzzzzz....

TLDR?

-Phyre having much more experience about being a vampire , while Fabian is a rookie, but Fabian is the one up to date of what´s currently happening in modern day

-Between all the smoke they are spitting out of their mouths, looks like there will be different ways to approach the levels/story. (Full stealth confirmed ? )

-Different endings

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New Dev Diary

ZZZZZzzzzz....

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/...dlines-2/news/video-diary-phyre-and-narrative

Video Diary #2 - Phyre & Narrative​

Good evening Kindred,​

This week, we have another recap diary where The Chinese Room Community Manager Josh Matthews meets Ian Thomas, Sarah Longthorne and Arone Le Bray. In this recap, Sarah recaps parts of her dev diary, and is joined by Ian Thomas and Arone Le Bray to go into more depth on the main character, as well as answering a few fan questions relating to the main character and the dev diary on Narrative Atmosphere and Themes.

What's Next​

Tomorrow, 30th of November, we are revealing the third playable clan, at the PC Gamer Show: Most Wanted, and we’ll be back with a new dev diary in two weeks. This time it will be Andrea Sancio, Associate Technical Director sharing his thoughts on how TCR are working with Unreal 5. After the holidays, we’ll be back with more dev diaries in January.

negator2vc

Scholar
At least the whole drama after the release will be highly entertaining!
I can wait to hear all the "you are ....ist" accusations if you didn't buy this "amazing" game. ;-)

negator2vc

Scholar
seriously!!!?
Malkavian is next???
I am so gonna watch this one :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom