Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Ha yes if it by some miracle does turn out as good as Dark Messiah Ill enjoy playing it while I chew on a crow. It wont though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Codexian Cycle:
It looks like shit! I can't wait for it to come out! Hey why does this play like shit?? <A few years later> This wasn't as bad as people remember! At least it's not XYZ!

Baron Tahn

Scholar
To be fair thats like the gamer cycle in general and its that lack of standards and hunger to consoom product that means all the games are shit. Vicious self defeating cycle. Not wrong though...

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
9sH6vsQ.jpeg

This is hilarious. Not the fact that you won't be able to customize the face of the protagonist - you couldn't do that in Redemption or the original Bloodlines either - but the way they're responding to these questions.
They're still making it sound like there will be different-looking dumpsterphyres depending on male/female selection. I bet there won't be.

ZACKIE

Educated
Amnesia Machine for Pigs had good writing, but it was written more like a book, filled with metaphors and philosophical type of quotes. I really don't know how this will translate to writing memorable characters, natural dialogue in VTMB2, you can bet your ass we won't be seeing someone like Fat Larry because that would be stereotypical and i'm sure the "sensitive diverse" writing squad working for the game won't even try to write a character like him if their skin is not black.

The President

Educated
Characters like Fat Larry are no longer allowed regardless of who is writing. I mean come on he’s a South Central hoodlum wearing a lakers jersey while selling contraband at night in an alleyway in LA. Which in reality is something we all know has never happened.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Characters like Fat Larry are no longer allowed regardless of who is writing. I mean come on he’s a South Central hoodlum wearing a lakers jersey while selling contraband at night in an alleyway in LA. Which in reality is something we all know has never happened.

we still had it good not too long ago

Vulpes

Scholar
I have to admit that there are some lore-accurate design choices here that sound good on paper, like:
-Disciplines will have some clan-specific abilities, so Domination won't function exactly the same for a Tremere and Ventrue as an example
-It's possible to learn disciplines and active abilities that normally aren't available to your clan at a higher XP cost through certain NPCs, but not passives

That said, the perk that dissolves corpses you've fed on is something that fits the Assamites a lot more than the Tremere, both in terms of lore and gameplay. I guess it also means that NPCs will be alerted by sight of dead bodies, which is a mechanic you don't see in enough RPGs.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Wot you said
Last I checked its not an rpg though, its a 'first person perspective stealth action game' or something to that effect. Was on their website about a week ago when I went looking for more news. So more like dishonoured. I guess?

I guess its positive that Tremere are going to be a 'ranged glass cannon' type which indicates some natural differences in HP between clans maybe? Not a thing you can select stats wise like an rpg though, only customisable from the ability tree. Like Dishonoured.

Come to think of it are they even doing 'The Masquerade'? 'Enemies come running' indicates stealth but not breach of the Masquerade...Maybe itll be like a GTA cops thing where if u cause too much ruckus the vampire hunters show up but I doubt it.

RagingNomad

Educated
I have to admit that there are some lore-accurate design choices here that sound good on paper, like:
-Disciplines will have some clan-specific abilities, so Domination won't function exactly the same for a Tremere and Ventrue as an example
-It's possible to learn disciplines and active abilities that normally aren't available to your clan at a higher XP cost through certain NPCs, but not passives

That said, the perk that dissolves corpses you've fed on is something that fits the Assamites a lot more than the Tremere, both in terms of lore and gameplay. I guess it also means that NPCs will be alerted by sight of dead bodies, which is a mechanic you don't see in enough RPGs.
That perk from first point of Oblivion: Ashes to Ashes. And it belongs to Lasombra and Hecata. I don't know why they gave it to Tremere. On the other hand in 100+ years you could learn other disciplines, so it doesn't break the logic of the setting.

Semiurge

Cipher
Since TCR are under permanent obfuscate, here's a Toreador-post of some Vivienne Westwood- related pictures to fill the void of style, in style.

3UyC4Lx.jpeg

crIL8Cb.jpeg

0Z0HzNC.jpeg

RkzlnuK.jpeg

rq6ne3E.jpeg

zNy4Wjf.jpeg

qF9bjvI.jpeg

Sid never could raise his physical attributes above 1. Nor mental.

BZ3668i.jpeg

Oe7NDgN.jpeg

The crimson dame herself.

HfsiySw.jpeg

tnS2v1M.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom