Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Also, how do they manage to make their characters look so stiff? Yeah, yeah, vampire/undead jokes ahoy, but put that shit aside and consider the fact how well the original Bloodlines face animations - not to mention the stellar voice acting - holds up to the test of time. What they show here in this sneak peak is just absolutely horrible, there's no emotion, no inflection, might as well have a fucking slideshow at this point.
Bloodlines had Faceposer, this has FaceFX which requires a lot of manual work to look decent (work that hasn't been done yet, no sense in making anything look finished this early).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
A story in two posts

1698787846260.png

1698787866044.png

Herumor

Scholar
Bloodlines had Faceposer, this has FaceFX which requires a lot of manual work to look decent (work that hasn't been done yet, no sense in making anything look finished this early).
I figured they'd want to make their stuff look good. But let's look past the visual stuff for now then - what about the voice acting? It really fell flat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I figured they'd want to make their stuff look good. But let's look past the visual stuff for now then - what about the voice acting? It really fell flat.
Seemed fine to me though the timing felt off (quickly-put-together rough edit). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That would be fair if this was some leak but they themselves decided to show this. I'm 100% sure it'll be pretty much the same on release.
They showed this because there were a bunch of crybabies complaining about how they turned it into an action game. The big "POST ALPHA FOOTAGE" text is there to let you know this isn't final. At least it's not their intention for it to be final. Shit happens. :M

jackofshadows

Magister
The big "POST ALPHA FOOTAGE" text is there to let you know this isn't final.
That text has a context of a project which really, really wants to be pushed out the door as soon as possible. Unlike say, non-realistic CDPR's presentations.

jungl

Augur
first one was a action game with basic bioware hub handful of npcs u talk to then progress rinse and repeat. I'm stilling lol at memories of early bloodlines fan patch where they reward and pidgeonholed the player more for stealth which beats the whole purpose of roleplaying a character. It was the trendy thing to do in video games at the time but looking back now its cringe just goes to show fans always have a worse vision then what developers intended.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Apparently Arone Le Bary's former Bioware position was a Narrative Quality Designer., an IP managing position (seem like an abysmal creative managing job).

I wasn't even aware that BioWare needed such niche personnel. This is like something I would expect from bigger franchises like Marvel.

You're telling me that BioWare had something equivalent to a Lore Doctor and still made Dragon Age: Inquisition?

:what:

Harthwain

Magister
Shows you never played the game - if you played as Nosferatu, shit sure as fuck mattered. And if you were a Tremere, you had the Chantry as a haven as well, not to mention a different relationship with the Tremere Primogen and the Gargoyle involved with his sidequest.
The differences were minimal though. You could try to argue that Nosferatu's gameplay was significantly different (and in theory this is true), but the truth is - you could safely walk on the surface and not have to worry too much about normies spotting you, because apparently people are blind as bats. I had to literally bump into them for them to run away in terror. NPCs had a line or two about your looks, but after that it was business as usual. This is nothing compared to the likes of Arcanum.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Caim

Arcane
assamite and lasombra as the 'surprises' would have been my first bets given that many of them joined the cam while gangrel and brujah largely left.
Gangrel and Brujah left the cam in V5?

I'm still a bit out of date with V5,
Gangrel "left" in Revised edition when one of their Elders stood before the Inner Circle and told them he was packing up his clan and leaving, even though he did not have the authority to do so. As such, many Gangrel actually remained with the Camarilla even though the clan is no longer an official part of the sect.

The Brujah are Vampire V version where during the Conclave of Prague, an event where many high-ranking Camarilla were present to formulate an answer to the Anarch question, Theo Bell strutted up to Hardestadt and asked him if his shotgun tasted like cordite, and blew the elder's head off. Nobody knows why he did it, how the fuck he could kill a man as powerful and paranoid as Hardestadt of whether this was all part of Hardestadt's plot. Because of this many Brujah went Anarch, and because of what happened quite a few were more or less kicked out of the Camarilla.

Wesp5

Arcane
assamite and lasombra as the 'surprises' would have been my first bets given that many of them joined the cam while gangrel and brujah largely left.
Gangrel and Brujah left the cam in V5?

I'm still a bit out of date with V5,
Gangrel "left" in Revised edition when one of their Elders stood before the Inner Circle and told them he was packing up his clan and leaving, even though he did not have the authority to do so. As such, many Gangrel actually remained with the Camarilla even though the clan is no longer an official part of the sect.

The Brujah are Vampire V version where during the Conclave of Prague, an event where many high-ranking Camarilla were present to formulate an answer to the Anarch question, Theo Bell strutted up to Hardestadt and asked him if his shotgun tasted like cordite, and blew the elder's head off. Nobody knows why he did it, how the fuck he could kill a man as powerful and paranoid as Hardestadt of whether this was all part of Hardestadt's plot. Because of this many Brujah went Anarch, and because of what happened quite a few were more or less kicked out of the Camarilla.
I am getting the impression that the VtM authors just wanted big changes in the V5 setting without bothering about reasonable explanations...

Semiurge

Cipher
Oh my FUCK this looks SO FUCKING BAD. I can't believe I miss everything we saw about Hardsuit's VTMB2 now that we've seen whatever the fuck this Cybershit 2077 knockoff is. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN RPG!! Who tf thought it would be a good idea to remove customization beyond like 6 shitty outfits from this game?! I'd take being a thinblood shovelhead over a turkish butchdyke mutt any day of the year. I'm not even going to pirate this shit it looks that bad.

Wait, you can't choose your gender in this? But surely you can still choose your preferred pronoun... right?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
There is probably zero hope that whatever character system this will have will offer anything beyond the usual action tripe of one or two unique moves per combat style and then a whole bunch of +5% damage shit, right?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
There is probably zero hope that whatever character system this will have will offer anything beyond the usual action tripe of one or two unique moves per combat style and then a whole bunch of +5% damage shit, right?
Given that its developed by a walking simulator studio, I'd rather they just made a bigger, better Swansong
For people who missed it, its basically a visual novel, except it has WASD movement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom