Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Latelistener

Arcane
Chaos system enforces non-lethal approach, not stealth.

How do you do a non-lethal approach in Dishonored without using stealth? I can't remember many dialogue options for skipping fights like in Bloodlines.
There is literally a whole mission where you pretend to be a someone masquerading as the main character. And unlike Bloodlines, you can actually complete this game without killing anybody.

You also have the blink ability and sleep darts. Not saying it's the intended way to play the game. Just saying you aren't required to be undetected.

Wesp5

Arcane
There is literally a whole mission where you pretend to be a someone masquerading as the main character. And unlike Bloodlines, you can actually complete this game without killing anybody.

You also have the blink ability and sleep darts. Not saying it's the intended way to play the game. Just saying you aren't required to be undetected.

All of this is playing stealth to me compared to open combat, in fact this is the way I played Dishonored myself. Requiring to be undetected would be ghosting and I don't even do that in The Dark Mod :)!

Wesp5

Arcane
VTMB did this right - it felt like you were an urban predator, not a demigod, and even near the endgame when you got overpowered you still received a nice reminder how there are always bigger fish out there.

Already in Santa Monica you got the fantastic Oceanhouse Hotel mission, to show that you that there are other things that go bump in the night ;)!

Wesp5

Arcane
ModDB used to be one, but they too went woke.

ModDB went woke? I never noticed that and my mods are always released there first because the interface and finding stuff is much easier. It seems to be targeted more at the older games though...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Sometimes reddit delivers

1710363794291.png

Semiurge

Cipher
OG Blade is probably still the best urban fantasy vampire movie. Whether that's sad or not I dunno.

View attachment 47568

If that was "Kotaku in Action" that doesn't count as Reditt.

It's from the main VtMB sub. They uh, aren't optimistic about the sequel, to put it lightly.

Show me one place where the denizens are optimistic, besides RetardEra. I doubt even they truly are, they just can't criticize the emperor's unabashed nakedness out in the open. "Yay, what a wonderful game this will be, for it includes a playable qenderfluid character with an equally genderfluid name. The shit gameplay and story are forgiven, because the cause is just."

Häyhä

Arbiter
Troika took inspiration from Blade movies when they were making Bloodlines. 2000s edge was the best shit.

And the makers of Blade took heavy inspiration (might even say ripped-off) from Vampire the Masquerade art by Tim Bradstreet, so much that Guillermo del Toro hired him as an art consultant for Blade 2 because he wanted Bradstreet to get recognition/pay. Of course VtM itself took inspiration from 80s aesthetics and films like The Lost Boys and Near Dark for urban vampires like the Brujah.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
OG Blade is probably still the best urban fantasy vampire movie. Whether that's sad or not I dunno.

View attachment 47568

If that was "Kotaku in Action" that doesn't count as Reditt.

It's from the main VtMB sub. They uh, aren't optimistic about the sequel, to put it lightly.

Then it's doubly puzzling. First, a critical thought appeared on this "optimistic" forum. Two, that's what they're kidding about. I can't imagine these types of jokes on Reddit in 2016, 2017.

Troika took inspiration from Blade movies when they were making Bloodlines. 2000s edge was the best shit.

Pop culture used to be very free spirited and therefore inspiring. There were a lot of new things, edgy but not only that, a bit of surrealism, playful in a healthy way. After 2014, we basically have one model of pop culture - pastel pseudo-manga for people who treat fiction like a therapy session.

From this:

90379.jpeg

To this:

VampireTheMasqueradeChapters.jpg

Anyone tried this mod? Is it any good?
VTMB HD Overhaul
Since it's on nexusmods I am a little hesitant especially with all the latest crap they pulled with
mods they don't agree with.

I'm not sure bruv.

234-1701096703-1979483349.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Show me one place where the denizens are optimistic, besides RetardEra. I doubt even they truly are, they just can't criticize the emperor's unabashed nakedness out in the open. "Yay, what a wonderful game this will be, for it includes a playable qenderfluid character with an equally genderfluid name. The shit gameplay and story are forgiven, because the cause is just."
Even resetera was disappointed. There's not a single internet community that's happy with this. Maybe there are some delusional optimists in the discord? I can't agree to their terms of service so I'd have no idea.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
All of this is playing stealth to me compared to open combat, in fact this is the way I played Dishonored myself. Requiring to be undetected would be ghosting and I don't even do that in The Dark Mod :)!
I'd argue that wearing a disguise is not the same as being stealthy. Stealth requires you to be undetected on multiple levels, whereas wearing a disguise doesn't require you to be stealthy but instead be out in the open and interact if necessary with others. It would fit under trickery, deception.

Fargus

Arcane
For me Blade 2 was even better, but i'm generally a fan of Del Toro. Unfortunately Hollyweird wanted Ryan Reynolds, WWE vampires and dog reapers so we got the disasterous 3rd movie.

Lambach

Arcane
For me Blade 2 was even better, but i'm generally a fan of Del Toro. Unfortunately Hollyweird wanted Ryan Reynolds, WWE vampires and dog reapers so we got the disasterous 3rd movie.

Wesley Snipes was easily the worst thing about Blade 3. One of the worst "acting" performances I've ever seen. Which makes sense, considering he was high as a kite pretty much all the time.

Fargus

Arcane

Wesley Snipes was easily the worst thing about Blade 3. One of the worst "acting" performances I've ever seen. Which makes sense, considering he was high as a kite pretty much all the time.

You can only do so much when you play in a movie about Dracula visiting sex shops. No wonder he was high.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
1710724151684.png

So, as predicted, every (((character))) creation "choice" will result in the same androgynous-looking flat-chested short-haired chinless mudskinned dangerhair antifa tranny, and the only thing that will change is xir starting outfit.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not touching this turd. Too shit even to pirate.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom