Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Baron Tahn

Scholar
She's fine I'd throw her one. She would fold up nicely and so on. Pretty face. Unique look. Hard to tell with the jacket it's all shoulders.

Semiurge

Cipher
I think it's more a matter of the crooked mirror and camera lens.
I don't think so. Look at her boots. Her thighs are about the same width. She is just the typical woman who thinks weight number on the scale is all that matters when it comes to looking attractive. I'd rather take a meaty woman who weights a lot more but is shaped much more nicely because she exercises her meaty bits.

This fuck is ignoring me but still I'll reply. Never underestimate the significance of thinness, it's not the most important thing that makes a woman look young, that would be the wrinkle and sag-free face, but it's the next most important thing. Unless overfed, young girls always look skinny before they fill out. This is why women obsess over looking fit, it's not about what is difficult to attain when there's no famine.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
2zraWLJ.jpeg

This is one of the worst character designs I've ever seen.

it's like if you took a worse version of Elliot Page and gave xir a combover and fashion runway trash to wear. the "protagonist" looks like they're 5'1 too

Harthwain

Magister
Does it really matter if the design looks like crap?
It may look like crap (on account of the face looking like it's a vampire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series), but at least you can tell the hips are wide and the entire figure has an hourglass shape. The only way to tell the difference between male and female in The Chinese Room's designs is the short stubble.

lightbane

Arcane
*Checks after having looked for months*

Oh dear, this doesn't look good. Literally!

I don't believe this one is going to save the franchise, folks!

La vie sexuelle

Learned
It may look like crap (on account of the face looking like it's a vampire from Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series), but at least you can tell the hips are wide and the entire figure has an hourglass shape. The only way to tell the difference between male and female in The Chinese Room's designs is the short stubble.

Incidentally, do the artists at Arkane Studios get a kickback?

64f2e5b345559099d33769b6ac35f2cc.jpg

Yes. very much so.

The above is actually quite good.

The one for Vampire is atrocious. As always, the devil is in the details.

Well, Arkane's design is at a higher level of craftsmanship, it is French after all. But it's still hard to look at it with pleasure. These two designs, for me, are like the difference between majestic turd and dried shit.

Harthwain

Magister
These two designs, for me, are like the difference between majestic turd and dried shit.
Sure? You will find no argument here from me. It is telling how low the mighty have fallen when you have to play "spot the female" game in a game about vampires.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
These two designs, for me, are like the difference between majestic turd and dried shit.
Sure? You will find no argument here from me. It is telling how low the mighty have fallen when you have to play "spot the female" game in a game about vampires.

Maybe it's a difference in sensitivity, but I couldn't play a vampire game without female eroticism. For me, the world of pale androgynes feeding on each other is like observing senile withering or the process of muscle wasting.

Harthwain

Magister
Maybe it's a difference in sensitivity, but I couldn't play a vampire game without female eroticism.
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi is the kind of game that doesn't have female eroticism and is about vampires and it's pretty damn good. But I do agree with you that generally having a game about vampires without vampires being good looking is just dumb. Vampires being beautiful is part of how they hunt (at least some of them). Also, having stunning looks and being immortal is juxtaposed against what being a vampire does to your psyche as passage of time and accumulation of sins starts to eat away at your soul, and maintaining your humanity gets harder and harder when faced with the reality of being essentially a human-eating monster.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Maybe it's a difference in sensitivity, but I couldn't play a vampire game without female eroticism. For me, the world of pale androgynes feeding on each other is like observing senile withering or the process of muscle wasting.
It's not. It's rather on point. Vampires are depicted as outright abusing anything that provides power. Sexuality works very well in that regard. And because it's such a complex thing, it often works even on those who think that they are free from its influence.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That is troubling me a bit. If the player is indeed forced to play a female too, like the website hints at, we will get Swansong all over again and I believe that flopped hard...

Swansong had three protagonists and was also a walk-and-talker with a needlessly-harsh saving system and sent to die on the Epic store for a year.
I watched it for few days gameplay on youtbute, and it was horrible. Releasing it on Epic doesn't reduce the problem it was worse variant of Council with absurd idea of using black protagonist, and throwing blacks EVERYWHERE.

Of course the city has 22 percent black population when US has only about 12-14 percent. But that gives only slightly above 1/5 of the cast. The only person who kinda looked white was chief of Anarchs, but Anarchs are low end of the society. And the only male protagonist, but he was suggested he's oldie, and one of his ending is simply he disappears and goes for "calling". So you can use white old man and dispose of him when he's used and no longer useful.

The sire of that black is a white female, but that makes even less sense considering she could go for someone with her phenotype.

There are too many black everywhere, and too many blacks on leadership positions, and there are too many female soldiers.
And story... Let's say Troika at least made story interesting. Swansong's writing kinda falls apart in last half.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Wesp5

Arcane
You may not like the reality, but their game is true to life.

And all the non white people and strong women occupy most of the power positions in Boston? I don't really believe that. It looks very much like "the message" to me ;)!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And all the non white people and strong women occupy most of the power positions in Boston? I don't really believe that. It looks very much like "the message" to me ;)!
Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayor_of_Boston
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_City_Council#Districts_and_current_council

The Democratic Party is the party of women and black people. The sun is setting on white guys. The same applies to vampire society in Boston; the new Prince is a woman who overthrew the old corrupt white male Prince.

Wesp5

Arcane
The Democratic Party is the party of women and black people. The sun is setting on white guys. The same applies to vampire society in Boston; the new Prince is a woman who overthrew the old corrupt white male Prince.

I am quite surprised, then the game seems to represent the city...

The President

Educated
It’s a very liberal state and a hub of immigration. Black population is always going to be higher as a percentage inside an inner city because they have much lower rates of home ownership compared to other ethnic groups.

Harthwain

Magister

I am quite surprised, then the game seems to represent the city...
It shouldn't. Vampires are older than the city and its contemporary politics. What should matter is your clan, the power of your particular Sire (bloodline-wise and political-wise) and the balance of power (or lack of thereof) between the most influental vampires and your attitude to them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom