Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampirem Claws it's Way to Early Access

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It's made by the guy who made the BloodLust games. Looks exactly like those. Neither BloodLust 1 or 2 were particularly good games, but the ideas were neat.

I'll second that, played the first one (I think) just for awhile, but the dude legit has fresh ideas.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Played the first Bloodlust for a few hours and while the dude had some good intentions and ideas I couldn't stand the uninspired generic and boring dungeon.

Codex Year of the Donut
I bought bloodlust 1 & 2 on codex recommendation, haven't played yet. Might have forgotten if not for this thread.

Guess I'll post reviews of them as the games seem fairly unknown.

Angry Roleplayer

Literate
After lurking for years finally decided to register to actually support the creator of the game.
It's a very solid game so far. If you played Bloodlust: Nemesis, It's pretty much close to it, but also very far from it. Bloodlust was quite a damn complex game with tonn of stuff, different vampire fractions and stuff. Also had different skills and levels and a lot of gear. Had crazy grind in there.
This is more of an action indeed, with little RPG elements. It has been simplified, but it looks way better and plays smoother. But it's early access, so i am pretty sure more content will follow. But the most important thing: GAMEPLAY. It's just fun to play.
You know what's the problem with the majority of games on the market? They may have insane graphics, but they are just not fun to play. You get bored within an hour or less.
In this game however you don't. I am 8 hours in, beat 3 bosses and looking forward to what i will see next. Puzzles are getting harder, mobs are becoming stronger. Third boss was quite a damn challenge too.
Really cool game so far.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well the guy seems passionate enough, kudos for that. I recall reading good things in the bloodlust thread.

Curious about that "Last Half of Darkness" title though, since there was a series of graphical text adventures in the DOS years with that name and IIRC the guy who made them has even released a new game somewhat recently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Half_of_Darkness

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well the guy seems passionate enough, kudos for that. I recall reading good things in the bloodlust thread.

Curious about that "Last Half of Darkness" title though, since there was a series of graphical text adventures in the DOS years with that name and IIRC the guy who made them has even released a new game somewhat recently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Half_of_Darkness

Last Half of Darkness, now that's a blast from the past. I remember playing the first and second game in the mid 90s. Little horror adventure games with jump scares and death sequences.

I didn't realise this was the same dev.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Could be.... the original 3 and the windows remake are in the abandonware but the next ones I managed to see are here.

The first of the new trilogy there had demo games like: https://lostmediawiki.com/GhostBlood_(lost_PC_fantasy_role-playing_game;_2003)

for 4.99 you get 4 games:
BONUS - Three Last Half of Darkness Chapters included FREE!
This package includes Society of the Serpent Moon PLUS 3 Additional Last Half Games too! (Shadows of the Servants, Beyond the Spirit's Eye, Tomb of Zojir

Moby game list

Bonus games on shadows of the servants
Included are a number of bonus games, demos and extras made by the developer, some of which changed with different version releases of the game:

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Thanks to everyone who took a look... It's just a little game made by one guy so no Dark Souls budget here but I'm happy with the way it turned out... and had fun making it... some might need a bit more and that's fair.
Played both bloodlust two completion. I thought the first one was pretty cool, but the second one felt very rushed, especially towards the end, with a lot of streamlining and very little content. Hopefully this isnt a trend.

Werdnicus

Learned
Game description from Steam:

"Another story of Bloodlust, this time told through the eyes of Ravenblood; part Ghost... part Vampire... and 100% bada$$. His journey in search of lost strength and revenge will take you through the dark tombs and dungeons of the Vampirem."
randallspitchford-professionalbadass.png

Game looks shit btw

Tao

Savant
The game is not for everyone that's for sure. i tried bloodlust 1 and 2 a few times because there is not a single vampire theme game outside of the same old titles, but i never was able to go very far.

Anyways kudos to the dev guy, his games are janky as fuck but they had that passion that seems to be lost nowdays.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm curious about the demo-games that came with early release of shadows of the servants. Wonder if the physical copy still has the demos.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom