Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
FHI known for publishing KWA-lity games, amirite? Morgoth has a talent for finding these 'gems.'

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will periodically check on this title's progress not for any rational reason, but because I want Bloodlines 2. Have no actual hope of anything good coming of this.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
I quite liked Remember Me, it was one of the those games with mediocre gameplay but weird/interesting setting, atmosphere and art direction that drew me in. Reminded me of Omikron the Nomad Soul for some reason.

Will definitely keep an eye on this, might be an interesting take on vampire stuff in a rarely used setting/history period.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
I am sure Belladerp thought about sucking dick as soon as she saw Edtard sparkling, so you have a point.

Yeah she's a slut, and no mistake. Pity that she made it through all the shit that was thrown at her and shame that there will be a fucking Twilight Web series.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
That name is already taken. By a funny Ultima clone which I really enjoyed back in the day.

vampyr_055.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.pcgamesn.com/vampyr/the-devs-behind-remember-me-are-making-a-smart-ww1-vampire-rpg

The devs behind Remember Me are making a smart WW1 vampire RPG

Vampyre’s only been in development for a few months but there’s already a lot to like: it’s set in the thick of the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, you’ve open levels to explore inspired by Vampire: the Masquerade, and your character is torn between trying to cure himself of his vampirism and giving into his blood lust.

A doctor during the war, you return to your home city - DONTNOD’s keeping mum as to which but the poster looks like it might be London - to find it struggling under the weight of a viscous sickness, the Spanish Flu. The city’s in a desperate panic to fight the infection, the ill are crushed into quarantine districts, and it’s there, while treating patients, you’re bitten by a vampire.

DONTNOD’s CEO Oskar Guilbert kept tight-lipped on the details of how you’ll adapt to your newfound vampirism but the story’s about you trying to find a balance between your old humanity and new sanguine needs.

Guilbert says the game will play much like Remember Me, using that game’s third person perspective and melee combat. He called Vampyre an action RPG so you’ll likely be able to level up abilities, both for fighting and exploring the environment.

Looking back on Remember Me, Guilbert admit it was “too linear, it was not possible to explore this beautiful Paris.” So in Vampyre they want to open the environment out more, letting you investigate and get to know its backstreets. Vampire: The Masquerade is the game they’ve taken inspiration from. In that you used your chosen abilities to gain access to areas - sneaking in invisibly through sewers, leaping up walls to climb in through top floor windows, or using your unholy strength to fight through the front door. We may see something similar in Vampyre.

Vampyre’s tagline, “Take blood/ Save a life”, also suggests you might impart your ‘gift’ on the sick to give them a defence against the virulent flu but siring new vampires can’t be good for the soul.

Guilbert’s team have wanted to make a vampire game since before Remember Me, which has given them the time to flesh out their mythology. They’ve had writer Stéphane Beauverger, who worked on Remember Me with Alain Damasio, write a 300 page reference bible of their vampire mythology, pulling into it real world events and literature. Their vampires are darker creatures than those we’ve seen in films or read about. They aren’t from Transylvania, they aren’t in love with humans, and they definitely don’t sparkle in the sunlight.

Guilbert points to the teaser for The Strain, Guillermo del Torro’s horror series, as an influence on their style:

"That vampires could be seen as a disease, not as something supernatural but something medical, we like that,” Guilbert says. “I’m not saying this is something that we have exactly in the game but it’s very interesting when you have this duality in the character, something rational and something more fantastic.”

Vampyre’s due out for release in 2017. I’m eager to learn more about it in the meantime.

Editor's note: travel and accommodation to Paris were paid for by Focus Home Interactive.

Yes, they said (or might said, because it's not in quotes) the word; VTMB. :troll:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Why there is combo of WW1 for more than once? This and Necrovision, plus Valley of Shadows (movie), plus other horror movie that name I forgot...

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Will periodically check on this title's progress not for any rational reason, but because I want Bloodlines 2. Have no actual hope of anything good coming of this.
Good, because this is going to be a repeat of Dark.

They should get Geralt to voice the mc in this one too because why not.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Wasn't Dark a crappy stealth game?

Derp Silver shovelware is a really low bar, regardless.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wasn't Dark a crappy stealth game?

Derp Silver shovelware is a really low bar, regardless.
Stealth and action meet role-playing: earn experience, pick your dialogue choices and develop your skills to become the ultimate hunter

It also had a lot of ability names outright ripped from V:tM.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

The studio behind Remember Me and Life is Strange unveils here a concept trailer for Vampyr, which sets the mood and universe of this new license, which promises to offer a unique, deeply immersive role-playing experience steeped in vampire mythology.

Vampyr is set in early 20th century Britain as the country is gripped by the lethal Spanish flu and the streets of London are crippled by disease, violence and fear. In a disorganized and ghostly city, those foolish, desperate, or unlucky enough to walk the streets lay prey to Britain’s most elusive predators: the vampires. Emerging from the chaos, a tormented figure awakens. You are Jonathan E. Reid, a high-ranking military surgeon transformed into a vampire upon his return home from the frontline.

Explore the darkly atmospheric streets of early 20th century London, and interact with a multitude of characters with their own identities and importance. Accept and fulfill the missions they give you, but don’t forget: sooner or later, you will have to feed, and make a difficult choice... who will be your prey? Absolutely all characters in the game are potential victims of your vampiric lust. Carefully study the habits of your next victim, his or her relationships with other characters, and set up your strategy to feed, unnoticed: seduce them, change their daily habits, or make sure they end up alone in a dark street…

Be careful who you choose to hunt, as they will be gone forever, and their death will impact in a meaningful way the world that surrounds you. Feeding on human blood will not just keep you "alive"; it will also unlock new vampiric powers to use.

There will be times when exploration and seduction will only get you so far, and you'll need to resort to engaging in Vampyr's dynamic real-time combat. It blends hard-hitting melee combat with ranged shooting mechanics and the supernatural vampire powers. You'll face many types of enemies: different species of vampires and creatures, as well as vampire hunters who want to hunt you down with their weapons, tools and traps. In Vampyr, your health and the "energy" that drives your supernatural powers are one and same! Using powers will drain your own blood, giving you an edge in battle but also leaving you weaker. You will have to find a way to feed during combat to replenish your strength.

Vampyr also offers a deep crafting system. Find and loot materials and components from the fresh corpses of your victims or during exploration, in order to craft and improve tools, melee and ranged weapons, as well as special ammunitions and coating to exploit the weaknesses of your enemies.

As you cling to what remains of your humanity, your decisions will ultimately shape the fate of your hero while searching for answers in the coughing, foggy aftermath of the Spanish Flu.

Ambition, meet small publisher. Oh we all know how this ends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom