Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

GrainWetski

Arcane
People are taking the running joke that Life is ExactlylikeTumblr has good writing too far.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

oh those masters of game design that write blue-haired, lesbian teens that say "hella". Great.
Let me quote some random review for you:
"It's not so much an accurate appraisal of teenage-dom as it is someone's earnest recollection of what it felt like to be a teenager"

And that feeling was definitely there to me, even if maybe put on a bit too thick, but that was no big deal.
Who cares if it correctly depicts current youth slang?
That changes every few years anyway.
You too can pretend to be a teenage girl with time travel powers in some crap town.

The characters were textbook examples of angsty two-dimensional teens. Not one of them was likable. They were all either too stupid, too whiny, too pointlessly evil, or too boring to care about. I didn't hesitate to kill them all in the end, though I regret having to save the blue-hair to do it.
In the end you will have to chose between lesbian sex and murdering an entire town full of people while completely invalidating every choice you made in the game.
Not true, it's a hurricane, not a nuclear weapon. People will die, but certainly not all.
Then again, American houses are built of cardboard, so who knows.
At the end they drive through the town and there are no survivors to be seen. In most fiction, when there are survivors, they can be seen combing the wreckage for other survivors or attempting to reclaim their possessions. I'd say that most, if not all, of the lemmings bought it at the end when the storm itself finally hit.

The player is repeatedly told that this was the bargain - Chloe or the town. And in the diner dream sequence, many of the characters even beg Max not to kill them. Now there may have been a few survivors, but the town was effectively destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

hajro

Arbiter
The muh " teenage nostalgia" theme doesnt excuse badly written politicized trash that is Life is Shit :codexisfor:

hajro

Arbiter
Politicized? Care to elaborate that?
tumblr_inline_nk42k8nl9T1ssv0em.png
uh, sorry? The entire story reads as how man hating tumblr feminists think a teenager life should be, it even includes a white male getting cuckd by a girl.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Within years we'll have Paradox published/licensed White Wolf games, no need for this.
Yeah. More than one game with vampires in it in the same decade? Talk about redundant. I'd rather wait an unknown number of years for some game that hasn't even been announced yet, it will probably exist some day, I'm sure it will be perfect. In the meantime, no other studio should try to make a fun game.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Within years we'll have Paradox published/licensed White Wolf games, no need for this.
Yeah. More than one game with vampires in it in the same decade? Talk about redundant. I'll wait for some game that hasn't even been announced yet, I'm sure it will be perfect. In the meantime, no other studio should try to make a fun game.
There is a zero chance this will be fun because http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...on-rpg-from-dontnod.96615/page-3#post-3979980

pippin

uh, sorry?

I think the bit of the weapon (blue haired bitch telling men are the ones using weapons for hurting people, later proceeds to hurt herself with ricochet iirc) is more telling of the dev's political leanings. Safe words are a long tradition of fetish life to ensure safety.
That said, Remember Me's art and setting had the potential to be some sort of euro Deus Ex, but after 2 hours I uninstalled it and felt really sad. I wanted to like that game, but the combat was atrocious, especially how they kept trying to make me do combos when I just needed to push one button to do stuff.
I don't expect anything from this and I doubt it will be good. Dark was some sort of so bad it's fun to waste time with kinda game. Other than that, I'll just keep playing Bloodlines and Bloodrayne.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Politicized? Care to elaborate that?
tumblr_inline_nk42k8nl9T1ssv0em.png
uh, sorry? The entire story reads as how man hating tumblr feminists think a teenager life should be, it even includes a white male getting cuckd by a girl.

Didnt play the game, but seems to me like a typical coming of age story. If we go ahead and see feminist propaganda everywhere a lesbo is shown or a man eats shit from a woman, we are catering to the same bullshit argumentation most feminists "oh a woman is mistreated, its sexist" are throwing around.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Seems to me like a typical coming of age story. If we go ahead and see feminist propaganda everywhere a lesbo is shown or a man eats shit from a woman, we are catering to the same bullshit argumentation most feminists "oh a woman is mistreated, its sexist" are throwing around.
Nice try schlomo.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a zero chance this will be fun because self-important self-reference
:roll: Linking yourself, classy. "Yeah, hey! Homer's right!"

If you hate the devs, just say so, don't say there's "no need" for other games because you have a new hero who you're sure will get it perfect someday. One would think you'd have learned after your last two year hero-worship.

Weirdly the response to LIS has been mixed even here, not universally negative - and those who are slamming it are pretty much slamming the setting, sooooo ...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There is a zero chance this will be fun because self-important self-reference
:roll: Linking yourself, classy. "Yeah, hey! Homer's right!"

If you hate the devs, just say so, don't say there's "no need" for other games because you have a new hero who you're sure will get it perfect someday. One would think you'd have learned after your last two year hero-worship.

Weirdly the response to LIS has been mixed even here, not universally negative - and those who are slamming it are pretty much slamming the setting, sooooo ...

They don't have to get it perfect, they just have to deliver something better than "Eurotrash with bad gameplay" and "Eurotrash walking simulator."

pippin

Life Is Strange has more in common with vapid high school girls than feminism, though. It's just basic, plain, and simple. People like to think it's feminist because it kind of fits into their perception of how things are today... well, there are people out there who believe a game is feminist when it has a female character as a protagonist.

Zombra

Patron
They don't have to get it perfect, they just have to deliver something better than "Eurotrash with bad gameplay" and "Eurotrash walking simulator."
I hope Paradox makes a good game, I even expect them to ... but I bet this will be worth my time and $15 during the 5+ years we're waiting for them to actually do something with the WW license.

Legion

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Life Is Strange has more in common with vapid high school girls than feminism, though. It's just basic, plain, and simple. People like to think it's feminist because it kind of fits into their perception of how things are today... well, there are people out there who believe a game is feminist when it has a female character as a protagonist.
Yeah, it doesn't go so far as to spell out any feminist or SJW leanings. It just has a pseudo-lesbian and a shrodinger's-lesbian as the leads, has a bunch of stupid spirit animal crap, has the typical tumblerite worldview. No ranting about "oppression" or anything. It's liberal-fiction. Which doesn't make it bad, just distateful. The writing is what makes it bad.

The only good thing I can say about the game is that they did a decent job of maintaining a cinematic feel. You really feel like you are in a poorly written liberal teen drama. The problem with that is that you are in a poorly written liberal teen drama.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it doesn't go so far as to spell out any feminist or SJW leanings. It just has a pseudo-lesbian and a shrodinger's-lesbian as the leads, has a bunch of stupid spirit animal crap, has the typical tumblerite worldview. No ranting about "oppression" or anything. It's liberal-fiction. Which doesn't make it bad, just distateful. The writing is what makes it bad.

The only good thing I can say about the game is that they did a decent job of maintaining a cinematic feel. You really feel like you are in a poorly written liberal teen drama. The problem with that is that you are in a poorly written liberal teen drama.
While I don't agree at all, I must say that I like your avatar.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Didnt play the game, but seems to me like a typical coming of age story. If we go ahead and see feminist propaganda everywhere a lesbo is shown or a man eats shit from a woman, we are catering to the same bullshit argumentation most feminists "oh a woman is mistreated, its sexist" are throwing around.

It has a female protagonist who may or may not be lesbian so its tumblerite SJW liebrul propaganda, thats just how these discussions go here, don't try to fight it. Oh, and also the writing is terribad. Why? Because reasons.

orcinator

Liturgist
I have no doubts they're currently trying to think of how to include some homoerotic content to bait the rest of tumblr with and/or so someone could write a bunch of articles on how everyone who hates the game is a homophobe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom