Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
If you mean issue raised in this thread, then I've not encountered it.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/545600/discussions/1/3220528325729754661/
Current laptop does have windows 10.

Thanks. It's a more fundamental problem, preventing the game from starting. Not sure how widespread it is. It appears that it has snuck into the last release. Are you sure you haven't got any launch commands in, like -force-d3d9

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
If you mean issue raised in this thread, then I've not encountered it.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/545600/discussions/1/3220528325729754661/
Current laptop does have windows 10.

Thanks. It's a more fundamental problem, preventing the game from starting. Not sure how widespread it is. It appears that it has snuck into the last release. Are you sure you haven't got any launch commands in, like -force-d3d9
Completely vanilla Steam install, though I haven't done fresh install with V30.

ushas

Savant
Apparently, a new build was uploaded.
Timeslip [developer]
One report so far that the issue is now fixed. If you've experienced a crash on startup with Vigilantes on Windows 10 over the past few days, remove any launch arguments -> Right click on Vigilantes in Library -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options - delete any text here

Then run the game!

ushas

Savant
Um, wanted to see a bit of the game, got stuck at the looting screen when trying to transition to Elena's cutscene. Albeit similar, doesn't feel exactly like that old linux & unity issue, so I would feel bad to omit to mention this.

Edit - possibly similar to the issue as was reported in the link above. Seems there are no errors in the saved log. Experienced also Alt-tabbing causing some troubles (and definitely alt-tabbed before that transition) and battle ui/controls still working on the looting screen, but those were just minor and might be unrelated. Anyway, nice to have loot overview:)

Last edited:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Um, wanted to see a bit of the game, got stuck at the looting screen when trying to transition to Elena's cutscene. Albeit similar, doesn't feel exactly like that old linux & unity issue, so I would feel bad to omit to mention this.

Edit - possibly similar to the issue as was reported in the link above. Seems there are no errors in the saved log. Experienced also Alt-tabbing causing some troubles (and definitely alt-tabbed before that transition) and battle ui/controls still working on the looting screen, but those were just minor and might be unrelated. Anyway, nice to have loot overview:)

Thanks ushas - will look into it!

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
All of the people who have reported issues with windows 10 are now reporting the issue as fixed. Strange, as the settings that were causing the problems have been there from the start, and fairly typically, only started causing serious problems a few days from release. As unpleasant as it was trying to fix this on a Sunday night after 6 weeks of 70 hour cruch, glad the issue surfaced before release.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
oTavk1i.png

Here's a review from this morning. Was just out of bed when read it, and it took some a few moments to process that it was a positive review, and they weren't really expecting these things. Got a bit of a chuckle out of it.

ushas

Savant
:D and they say we don't have high standards nowadays

He's got a point about the Death star though. Maybe not the ewooks, however.
Agreed, they aren't necessary condition. Understandable with a death star, but refunding on account of lacking ewooks would be unnice.

Edit - that's not the first person mentioning too low price. Also felt that way, but think it was even cheaper on kickstarter.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Might cause some game balance and grinding issues.
I mean, how many euros are we talking about before Sam has fully armed and operational battlestation?

ushas

Savant
That's a good point.
When it comes to ISS, think it's somewhere around 150 million dollars (and that's not armed). So probably a lot more than that? (heh think I might earned 1k or less euro the first week on hard boiled)

Also depends on what kind of death star sun Sam's dealing with. Villains today can buy one fully armed and operational as cheap as 35 euro. Source:
Star-Wars-Fully-Armed-and-Operational-Death-Star-Pet-Den-510x360.jpg

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that Vigilantes has just launched (a little ahead of schedule). Thanks for all the support and feedback over the last few years, it's been very much appreciated. Here's the steam page, in case you are interested and here's the trailer, in case you haven't seen it yet!

ushas

Savant
Congrats!:salute:
Speaking of time, you did released the game on October 4th in Australia (possibly also Japan).

lightbane

Arcane
FUCK YEAH!! IT'S OUT! Now, time to... Wait a few weeks for the early bugs to be patched. Just to be sure. And finish other games first.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Good luck with the release. You just missed September madness month though.

Timeslip all the best, I look forward to enjoying this.

Congrats!:salute:
Speaking of time, you did released the game on October 4th in Australia (possibly also Japan).

FUCK YEAH!! IT'S OUT! Now, time to... Wait a few weeks for the early bugs to be patched. Just to be sure. And finish other games first.

I just did my patriotic duty and purchased the game :salute:

Congratulations on the release.

Thanks all. Nice to have finally dragged this monster (kicking and screaming) over the line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom