Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Endings in. A few minor bugs looked at. Curious as to what people will make of the endings. The outcomes might be a little unexpected...

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Endings in. A few minor bugs looked at. Curious as to what people will make of the endings. Think they may subvert expectations for some.

Do you find out the lead is really a female like a Crying Game reversal in one of the endings? If not you should add that one in to generate awareness and swell your coffers with people buying it to support it that have no interest in playing it.

The backstory could be she was walking around getting catcalled so started injecting testosterone to get payback. One thing led to another then - walla.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Endings in. A few minor bugs looked at. Curious as to what people will make of the endings. Think they may subvert expectations for some.

Do you find out the lead is really a female like a Crying Game reversal in one of the endings? If not you should add that one in to generate awareness and swell your coffers with people buying it to support it that have no interest in playing it.

The backstory could be she was walking around getting catcalled so started injecting testosterone to get payback. One thing led to another then - walla.

Better snap you up as a script writer before some AAA studio gets there first. We'll be sitting at the Baftas this time next year.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I'm a bit out of the loop, but after ~30 minutes spent reading this thread I know this is relevant to my interests and you fellas got yourselfs a purchase :salute:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ETA of release when? i mean i already have it, but most likely saves wont work on final like Aod so i have been keeping it off since alpha in early 2018 or something

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Posting in the epic thread.

Good luck w/ the release, Timeslip. :salute:

Cheers zwanzig_zwoelf :)

I'm a bit out of the loop, but after ~30 minutes spent reading this thread I know this is relevant to my interests and you fellas got yourselfs a purchase :salute:

Thanks CappenVarra - hope you're enjoying the game!

ETA of release when? i mean i already have it, but most likely saves wont work on final like Aod so i have been keeping it off since alpha in early 2018 or something

Save games from V25+ are compatible, this is from around 6 months back. If you aren't far in to your play through, probably best to restart though.

ushas

Savant
Whoa, pretty good :salute:
Got goosebumps from the trailers.
It does feel even improving in the order listened to them.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Whoa, pretty good :salute:
Got goosebumps from the trailers.
It does feel even improving in the order listened to them.

You're probably the only person who noticed :) The impression I got was that everyone else thought they were pretty much the same, and that I'd cracked under the pressure.

ushas

Savant
Lol, hope not, or... great, now am questioning my own sanity:lol:
Either case, at least it's handy from the marketing perspective. Thanks to repetition having pretty much ingrained "Hit the streets. Take back your city!".

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/545600/announcements/detail/1683674129019735765

Vigilantes V30 Released!
Vigilantes - Timeslip

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed a small update going through earlier today. The current version of Vigilantes should be considered a release candidate, meaning it may or may not be the release version, depending on whether an issue of sufficient severity to merit a rebuild is found in the next few days.

While Vigilantes won't change substantially before release, if you want to ensure you are playing the release version, or benefit from the release discount, which will be available from 04 October, my recommendation would be to hold off until then.

This update is, by design, small, conservative, and important. Most significantly, it adds the voiced endings to the game. Which of the two endings you get depends on Sam's reputation when you defeat the third and final gang boss. They represent two very different outcomes for Sam and Reiker City (and perhaps beyond), and we hope you enjoy them!

There have also been a number of bug fixes and quality of life improvements, which are outlined below. The trailer has been updated over the last week, and in case you haven't seen the updated version, it's linked below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFfr4lChcJw

As always, your comments and questions are most welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Daithi

[Content]
+ Added game endings

[Improvements]
+ Utility slots now unlock at 3, 5, 7, 10, 13 (was 3, 5, 9, 12, 15)
+ Added information on which skills allies points are most heavily invested in
+ It is now more clear when a dialogue choice is not available.
+ Clearer instructions are provided on applying activated abilities, and enemy information is displayed when selecting a target
+ Color coded a number of cityscape icons
+ Added a help section describing the character system

[Fixes]
+ Fixed Edgar's achievement not unlocking. (Brigand231 & Murkki017)
+ Fixed a bug which could prevent all rackets being displayed in the intel screen. (murkki017)
+ Fixed a number of typos (Megan, Santino27, Nomad)
+ Fixed crafting multiple armours or utility items only creating a single item. (Captain Defrenestrator, Nomad)
+ Fixed newspaper article headings being clipped
+ Fixed a duel with a cultist breaking under certain circumstances. (Captain Defrenestrator)
+ Fixed issue preventing players leaving the inventory during combat by pressing esc (liessahl)
+ Fixed incorrectly mapped walls in a downtown map (liessahl)

ushas

Savant
A question. Seems backers have the Humble Bundle build as well as Steam key. Would it be considered ok if I give away the steam key?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
A question. Seems backers have the Humble Bundle build as well as Steam key. Would it be considered ok if I give away the steam key?

Hi ushas. Yeah, that was primarily so backers would have access to the game prior to Steam launch. Once the keys have been given out, it's really up to the individual to decide.

ushas

Savant

Hi ushas. Yeah, that was primarily so backers would have access to the game prior to Steam launch. Once the keys have been given out, it's really up to the individual to decide.
Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure whether it's fair to do. Think usually one gets to choose either drm free (eg. gog) or steam, or the build option prior EA/release is discontinued. This is more accommodating in comparison.

lightbane

Arcane
Endings in. A few minor bugs looked at. Curious as to what people will make of the endings. The outcomes might be a little unexpected...

I bet here will be at least these two endings: the pure evil and the pure good. The first one would have your PC taking over the city after having killed every bad guy and cackling manically. The second one would be unlocked by killing none or very few enemies, which would have your character bringing to justice the leaders of every enemy faction... Only to be killed by a sniper bullet after the government considered you a threat. :P

How close am I?

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Ok, thanks. Wasn't sure whether it's fair to do. Think usually one gets to choose either drm free (eg. gog) or steam, or the build option prior EA/release is discontinued. This is more accommodating in comparison.

That's likely the route I'll go down next time, if there is a next time. If someone opts for the Steam version, they will have access to the download until the game is on Steam. Really doesn't make a lot of sense providing multiple copies when only 1 is needed, especially with the amount of key selling going on at the minute - it's just going to be lost sales, without any benefit to the customer.

Last edited:

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I bet here will be at least these two endings: the pure evil and the pure good. The first one would have your PC taking over the city after having killed every bad guy and cackling manically. The second one would be unlocked by killing none or very few enemies, which would have your character bringing to justice the leaders of every enemy faction... Only to be killed by a sniper bullet after the government considered you a threat. :P

How close am I?

Somewhat close in one ending :)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Taka-Haradin puolipeikko - there seems to be an issue with Vigilantes + windows 10. Looking for any Vigilantes players on Steam who have windows 10 for a little help establishing the extent of the problem and fixing it.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom