Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Look at the CGs

Some nipples and implied fingering.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
... i played a marriage simulator interactive novel....

and i liked it:
http://sevenkingdomsgame.com/

It's a bit like a less hardcore (much less) and unfortunately significantly more girly Long Live the Queen. But don't be fooled, even its (free) demo is quite long. Supposedly the demo is 1/3 of the final game, whatever.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I have a VN itch and I can't ignore it anymore.

I need a recommendation. I wanted to play something akin to Divi Dead - mystery, horror, sex, maybe school and story branching.

Pls no applocale.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

I need a recommendation. I wanted to play something akin to Divi Dead - mystery, horror, sex, maybe school and story branching.
MUV-LUV.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Or you could do corpse party. There is kinda school too.

Does it have happy ending, or does it have branching from bad to really bad?

Red Eye

Learned

Pls no applocale.

Kara no Shoujo

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks for the recommendations. Gonna try them.

Was there a spiritual successor to True Love?

EDIT: Let's try the first one...

N8hjOQz.png

Starts good!

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Okay. Fuck you for suggesting Saya. It's fucked up (I'm after Saya meets Omi). This is so fucked up.

And I like it. :smug:

EDIT: Finished. Quite good story, but too bad there aren't many choices.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
BTW MUV-LUV isn't much about horror, it's more about "horror" caused by fact you need two playthroughts to get to Unlimited and then be able to continue to Alternative which is one of the best VN around.

Hiisi

Savant

Pls no applocale.
Sweet Pool is akin to Saya and has all your criteria... buuuut it's yaoi. :troll:

Shikkoku No Sharnoth has the first three, with steampunk.

Gore Screaming Show also ticks all of your boxes, so although the latest attempt at a fan translation seems to be dead in the water again, maybe you'll want to keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

Nahel

Arcane
Have you tried Tsukihime? It is old bit old but it has pretty much all what you are looking for except the mystery.

Exhuminator

Arcane

Pls no applocale.

You might like Dustmania Grotesque.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Read Chaos; Head first.
But what about Steins;Gate itself? I can't find it in Moscow, it's not available in ru-store and local shops. Now I'm in Europe on vacation, so I can check the shops here. Is the game worth bothering?/the same level of quality as Zero Escape?

rrc2soft

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
But what about Steins;Gate itself? I can't find it in Moscow, it's not available in ru-store and local shops. Now I'm in Europe on vacation, so I can check the shops here. Is the game worth bothering?/the same level of quality as Zero Escape?

It is no Zero Escape. It is more of a pure visual novel. It starts slow, taking its time to present the characters, and when shit hits the fan, it becomes quite addictive (even if at the core of the second half is basically an "on rails"
dating sim
Having said that, I had a lot of fun with it (storyfag here). I love the story and the characters, the humor is quite fun, and it uses one of my favorite themes (
time travel
I think you should take a look to the "let's play" videos to get a feeling of it (like browsing a book before buying it)

Red Eye

Learned

Download it and if you feel that it's worth paying for buy it afterwards

I would feel bad for them but really they only starting selling it like a year after a pretty much 100% translated patch had already been released

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Chaos; head, and Steins Gate are pure visual novels. (Yes they have alternative endings, you can get the ending what would show what would happen when main character will not be able to get "happy" ending, because it's alternative it's reserved for second playtrough.)

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How bad could Euphoria be?

Click at own risk.

http://imgur.com/a/Gclbd

vndb also mentions paraphillic infantilisation, scat, coprophilia, rape involving drugs as well as a few other nasty gems.

:what:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom