Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

War Thunder : WoP - simmers wet dream

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Saw that thing in person.:smug:

p0000023.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Basicly, russian tonks own everything. Germans tier III and IV are pretty much screwed because you constantly fight against soviets. SOMETIMES if you're lucky, you can get Americans on your side, but even then it happens to be totally one sided game.

It's because for all their attempts at historical accuracy, they forget to model in the fatal flaw of soviet tanks. They were crewed and built by russians.

Give all russian tanks a 15% chance on spawn to either be broken down with technical issues or crew drunk or suffcated on engine fumes. And make them die in seconds if there's a fire because it's cramped.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's because they know money given to a russian museum would go right into someones pocket :smug:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Tiers III-IV Soviet-biased? I really don't think so. I think those are currently the most balanced tiers all around since every nation gets a few decent machines in at least one of those tiers, if not both.

Where the game is an absurd clubfest for the Soviets to enjoy is inTier II, especially around the 3.3-3.7 Battle Ranking. There you have the T-34s and KV-1s with their greatly sloped armour, small turrets and superior ammunition choices (plus good mobility on the T-34s) being able to one-hit most opposition with their APHE shells while being able to take many hits because either a lot of shells bounce, or the opposition has to use either AP or APCR ammo to reliable penetrate, and those shells have a much smaller chance of causing catastrophic damage.

And then you have the endgame where the complete opposite situation happens, with the German Leopards and especially the American Pattons and M103s easily wrecking anything the Soviets can field.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
That thought crossed my mind :lol:

Bovington screams professional and monocle, i'd be more tempted to sink money into their facilities than an over-sized shed.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Considering that Warplanes flopped and Warships got rushed out of the door I would think they have some money issues.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I think warplanes is down to less than a thousand EU players at peak time these days. :lol:

Love the fact it was an unexploded dud, sad that it's the game Overlord was transferred to.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Tiers III-IV Soviet-biased? I really don't think so. I think those are currently the most balanced tiers all around since every nation gets a few decent machines in at least one of those tiers, if not both.

Where the game is an absurd clubfest for the Soviets to enjoy is inTier II, especially around the 3.3-3.7 Battle Ranking. There you have the T-34s and KV-1s with their greatly sloped armour, small turrets and superior ammunition choices (plus good mobility on the T-34s) being able to one-hit most opposition with their APHE shells while being able to take many hits because either a lot of shells bounce, or the opposition has to use either AP or APCR ammo to reliable penetrate, and those shells have a much smaller chance of causing catastrophic damage.

And then you have the endgame where the complete opposite situation happens, with the German Leopards and especially the American Pattons and M103s easily wrecking anything the Soviets can field.

I can agree with top tier tanks, from what I've heard. But my experience on tier III-IV is slightly different. We're trying to play with Kingtigers in team of 2.
40 games of which maybe 5-6 were played against yanks only. Of those 40 games, we won maybe 6 or 7 at max, dying to a single shell in 80% of them. I couldn't count how many times I punched thru' T34/T44/IS/SU weaksposts and havent scored a kill or a meaningful crit. Most of the time dudes were just pointing their gun after all the smoke settled and killing(or crippling my gun) me in return. If there were yanks on enemy team, they were dying rather normally.
Ok, maybe it's not that visible when you play with tier 3 tanks like Tiger I or Panther D, but I won't call it balanced either. IMO tier IV german is most screwed tier ever (mostly because of matchmaking and superb endurance of russian machines *Cough, Cough.*)

Climbing tier IV Germans is therefore painful as fuck, even with talisman and premium account. Can't argue about planes, because I got most nations maxed out (not counting bombers and attackers)

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
It's because for all their attempts at historical accuracy, they forget to model in the fatal flaw of soviet tanks. They were crewed and built by russians.

Give all russian tanks a 15% chance on spawn to either be broken down with technical issues or crew drunk or suffcated on engine fumes. And make them die in seconds if there's a fire because it's cramped.

If there is one good thing that came out of russian developer's fascination with f2p model, it's shining a spotlight on "wehrboos". :smug:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
You are assuming they have cash to spare.

Well, Ministry of Defence does have cash to spare so Wargaming need not bother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Park

Patriot Park is a future theme park in Kubinka, Russia that will be themed around equipment of the Russian military. The park, which is planned to open in 2017, is designed around a military theme, and will include interactive exhibits with military equipment.[1][2][3]

The park will incorporate the Aviation Museum of the Kubinka air base and the Kubinka Tank Museum.

Y29udC53cy91cGxvYWRzL3BpYy8yMDE1LzQvNTdkOTcwZjZkZDNmOTk3ZTNmNjBmMzQxNzNhODk4M2UuanBnP19faWQ9NjEzNzE=.jpg

Y29udC53cy91cGxvYWRzL3BpYy8yMDE1LzQvNzhjYmYxYjI4NDExZDdmYzEzNjMyMjlkYjZkZjY4NjAuanBnP19faWQ9NjEzNzE=.jpg

HIGH358596_288027.jpg

FEV_5792.jpg

Pervyiy-v-Rossii-voennyiy-park-kulturyi-i-otdyiha---Patriot--1-659x416.png

b_28BCDF52-CF71-44CC-9D6F-7C376C332ABE.png

Monkeysattva

Cipher
Left the game for about 6 months or more, and when I return, the plane battles are all clusterfucks. Did they increase the amount of players in a battle or something?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Left the game for about 6 months or more, and when I return, the plane battles are all clusterfucks. Did they increase the amount of players in a battle or something?
You mean it never was a clusterfuck?

Monkeysattva

Cipher
Arcade ofcs. I don't have the balls for realistic any more. Or was it patience? Can't remember.

Luka-boy

Arcane
The latest two dev blogs have been about technical stuff, but the new texture and lighting system looks like nice eye candy. Not to mention the improved destructible environment is finally coming. I'll post the links because Xenforo won't let me copy some parts of the blogs here.
http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/806
http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/807

So far they only show and talk about shells destroying buildings, but I wonder if tanks will be able to smash walls. And if falling debris can cause damage.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Looks like they're bringing invisible cloaking devices to War thunder... Is there no escape from this bullshit WOT idiocy?

29nlUpe.png

Just remove ULQ you stupid fucking vodka swilling, potato headed twats.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Actually, the "cloaking devices" you're talking about are in War Thunder tanks for some time now. There is a lot of bugs in this system, and I've seen it even in simulator battles. I can't even count how many times the tank was suddenly "uncloaking" because guy have moved from behind the rock few seconds ago(Latency thing, I guess). :-/
War Thunder is good for a "plane sim", but tanks still suck cock.

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Just remove ULQ you stupid fucking vodka swilling, potato headed twats.
One of the big things in the next big update is that ULQ will be modified to have many more trees and bushes at all ranges and heavier than other settings fog after a certain distance. Seems like a good move but we'll see if it actually works in practice.

edit: Here's a blog post with the main features of the next big update:
http://warthunder.com/en/news/3369-development-devblog-compilation-update-1-53-en

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
1.53 graphics will be pretty

YAk-1_53_logo.jpg

F4U1_eng.png

1_53High_2.jpg

A131.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom