Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'm still behind on many parts of the content and don't really care about new updates that much, but I can see how the significantly lowered cadence of updates would frustrate a veteran who was playing all these past years.

In other news, I unlocked the last level of Helminth and played around with Golden Instinct. It's pretty fun for a change of pace to just chain missions and hope one of them spawns something rare. These Ayatan Sculptures are a nice addition to the game. Too bad they are so easy to miss in PUGs.

Turjan

Arcane
I don't even have Helminth yet, because I still have to do lots of Deimos bounties and get the tags for those flying thingies. I should probably play with my graphics settings to make those bounties less of an eye strain with all those visual effects. So yes, I personally don't mind if Duviri takes till Tennocon to arrive. Truth be told, it doesn't look overly exciting to me, anyway. Different, yes, but that isn't necessarily a good thing.

After I built Voruna I noticed I was incredibly lucky to have Void Gel Orbs from a Twitch drop, or I wouldn't have been able to build her. There's also the point that major updates push things further out for newer players. Suggestions like "oh, just clear the star chart to Sedna and do arbitrations for some of the better mods" doesn't work, as the Zariman counts as part of the star chart nowadays, which means you have to have finished the New War, which is still out for me. Should really work on the Necramech, but can't be arsed.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Too bad they are so easy to miss in PUGs.
They wouldn't be if people learned to use the Orokin Eye air support ability that you get with the Parallax landing craft. Way better than the golden thingy but needs some basic, minimal coordination between players and even that's a tall order in a PUG.

Turjan

Arcane
Coordination, heh. It's funny how my focus yield in conjunction survival can differ by more than a factor of three between groups that know how spawns work and those that don't. The first kind is rare.

Gerrard

Arcane
They wouldn't be if the game's gameplay wasn't a degenerate button mashing rush to exit.

Turjan

Arcane
It's confirmed that the frame in last image is just a Rhino skin.

Next update looks like last update. A new recycled node (node is new, location is recycled) with a new recycled game mode ("mirror defense"), a new recycled warframe - of which they still don't know what it's actually supposed to do a month from release although it had been modeled 4 years ago - and, most importantly, a new currency. What would be a real update without a new currency?

To me, it looks like the Duviri Paradox update will be the "big thing" for their 10 year anniversary, which means they won't have to think of anything new in that context.

Good that I'm still busy with other stuff, but I can see that long time players would get annoyed at this point.

Sykar

Arcane

That is what they think of their fanbase. :lol:

Someone even made a song out of that:

iu

Turjan

Arcane
I know that clip is funny, but I think that at least Rebecca actually still cared about the game when she made that remark. Of course, now, the "A team" has moved on to Soulframe, and I can't shake the feeling that the Duviri Paradox update is supposed to funnel the Warframe userbase into a different style of gameplay, similar to those Kahl missions. They probably hope people will switch, and Warframe is on life support.

Not that it matters much to me. I don't play games non-stop for years.

first time i'd cheer against a game. i'm hoping this soulframe crap to bomb so goddamn hard. not going to happen, but at least leave me my fabulous optimism.
speaking of which: despite living in the era of reboots, remasters, restarts, reskins and restards, why don't we have yet a "tasteful rape" rating?

Gerrard

Arcane
first time i'd cheer against a game. i'm hoping this soulframe crap to bomb so goddamn hard. not going to happen, but at least leave me my fabulous optimism.
It will most likely bomb. Remember that DE has made (or tried to) several games in the time since Warframe released and all of them flopped or were cancelled before release.

i know the game *before* warframe, the one it has spawned from. what other games? o_O holy shit, this must be how biden feels.

Gerrard

Arcane
i know the game *before* warframe, the one it has spawned from. what other games? o_O holy shit, this must be how biden feels.
The Amazing Eternals - cancelled after some beta tests
Survived By - same as above
They also worked on Sword Coast Legends, a Star Trek game that has 43 metascore, and the cancelled LotR MMO by Amazon.

Caim

Arcane
Picked this up again after first playing it for a small bit years ago. Some thoughts:

- Holy shit is that a fuckload of proper nouns and strange language being thrown around
- People are carving up towers made by the precursors like they're whaling, what the fuck
- Gotta start killing quicker to deal with those cryopod defense missions in a timely fashion
- Lmao ancap penal colony for the poor where they confiscate your limbs if you can't pay your debt, starting with your head
- Song was nice though
- Still fun to pin dudes to walls with my bow
- Always got less money than I need
- So I can't finish Earth because I haven't unlocked the flying missions yet? What a cocktease

So I've done all the Earth missions I can and several on Venus, but I've tried the one you get from Fortuna and I'm not yet strong enough to deal with the attackers that go after the drone, so I'm doing some other missions. I've noticed a notable damage dropoff ever since reaching the place, but I'm managing so far. Seems like a fun game to prod at every now and then, but I'm definitely not going to no-life this.

Turjan

Arcane
So I've done all the Earth missions I can and several on Venus, but I've tried the one you get from Fortuna and I'm not yet strong enough to deal with the attackers that go after the drone, so I'm doing some other missions.
It's best to ignore the open worlds at the very start. Don't sweat it. You will have to return to the Plains for some stuff for the archwing launcher, but the archwing will make open worlds much better.

Turjan

Arcane
Even that exploit needs an archwing plus archwing launcher.

You have a few speed options, but there can be too much of a "good thing". Just yesterday, someone hit me with a speed boost after everyone had collected their reactant. Only problem was that I was with Titania and Razorwing Blitz, which meant I couldn't see anything anymore while moving at lightning speed. Fortunately, my Titania went off a cliff at one point and got rid of that "helpful" buff.

Turjan

Arcane
Operator intrinsics system. Interesting.
Should we hope that this was real and not some fake leak? Anyway, assuming for a moment this is real.

At least it looks that we can use warframes in Duviri, though only in a limited fashion. I'm still not sure whether I should be excited for that expansion, as it feels utterly disconnected to the rest of the game - again. Lasting would be the weapon incarnons, but I'm not sure there was anything on the list where it would really help.

Caim

Arcane
So I've done all the Earth missions I can and several on Venus, but I've tried the one you get from Fortuna and I'm not yet strong enough to deal with the attackers that go after the drone, so I'm doing some other missions.
It's best to ignore the open worlds at the very start. Don't sweat it. You will have to return to the Plains for some stuff for the archwing launcher, but the archwing will make open worlds much better.
Yeah I've seen that before, but I thought they meant not treating this game like Skyrim and traverse the open world like that. So just ignore those quests and focus on unlocking more planets, then?

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah I've seen that before, but I thought they meant not treating this game like Skyrim and traverse the open world like that. So just ignore those quests and focus on unlocking more planets, then?
Yup, just go along the Star Chart, unlock planets and do the story quests you have to do for the junctions. You will probably notice yourself when it's time to go to the open worlds to get the Archwing Launcher Segment built and farm for some of the mods there.

Free Roam has its place in most open worlds. For example, hunting conservation is an easy way to earn standing for the Ostrons or Solaris United.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Yup, just go along the Star Chart, unlock planets and do the story quests you have to do for the junctions. You will probably notice yourself when it's time to go to the open worlds to get the Archwing Launcher Segment built and farm for some of the mods there.

Free Roam has its place in most open worlds. For example, hunting conservation is an easy way to earn standing for the Ostrons or Solaris United.
Alright, just leave them for now and do everything else until I get to fly, got it.

Speaking of, does scanning enemies actually do something other than unlock their entries in the database alongside a list of their potential drops?

Caim

Arcane
There is a "NPC" that will task you to scan a certain amount of special targets for syndicate gain.
That's the AI you meet in the space station orbiting Earth, right? I've met him, but he gave me specific items to do that with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom