Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun - W40K boomer shooter

Humbaba

Arcane
Looks like the Bolter may be the "main", all purpose weapon, which is unusual for a boomer shooter, normally it's a shotgun.

randir14

Augur
A game that looks like it was built on the Quake 2 engine during early 3D accelerators would've been more fitting. Not every retro shooter needs to be pixelated.

Softgels

Scholar
It reminds me this game.

aee5c75ab5ade634f3af24df724a33e0ce54e7f0edc0030571e3b8421168a92d.jpg

orcinator

Liturgist
I'll give them a cookie for showing some old models in line with the retro theme, though they could have earned another one if they had GREEN BASES.

Last edited:

Curratum

Available 2023. Which, given the industry standard of the past 2-3 years, means available sometime in 2025, hopefully.

Curratum

You all need to stop screeching and cringing about retro-styled shooters.

They are INFINITELY faster, cheaper and easier to produce and as a nice bonus you often times end up with very passable gameplay because they try to emulate the good old ones.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
also from the longer steam description:

Play a battle-hardened Space Marine on a perilous mission across the galaxy, as they battle against the Chaos Space Marines and daemons of Chaos.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I would assume "they" refers to Space Marines, plural, but GW being what they are, this could very well be the first FPS starring a troon.

Why is it the fucking smurfs again, can't they feature an actually fun chapter like the Black Templars or the Hospitaliers?

Also, Trench Foot is the 40k FPS we deserve.

Last edited:

AndyS

Augur
I won't turn my nose up at it, might be a good game, but the nostalgia angle of the trailer does nothing for me. I don't like these kind of games because of nostalgia. I like them because it's a style of game that never should have gone out of style but which the industry buried because they were too busy chasing the latest fad, and now they're latching onto "boomer shooters" as another fad.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are sort of driving this retro boomer fad to the ground, aren't they.
You cannot drive something great into the ground.
There can never be too much of something great.

Just look at it like this:
No doubt this time, too, shall pass. And when it does, we'll still have all those great retro FPS that we never had the time to play when they were "fresh".

don_tomaso

Liturgist

Play a battle-hardened Space Marine on a perilous mission across the galaxy, as they battle against the Chaos Space Marines and daemons of Chaos.

I would assume "they" refers to Space Marines, plural, but GW being what they are, this could very well be the first FPS starring a troon.

Why is it the fucking smurfs again, can't they feature an actually fun chapter like the Black Templars or the Hospitaliers?

I am no native english speaker but I thought you use "they" when you don't know the gender? So instead of writing "he/she/it", you write "they"? I also do not know anything about WH lore but I assume, as it is old stuff, that there are only men in the army? My assumption is that they don't care and you can pick a gender at the start, and therefore "they".

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent

I am no native english speaker but I thought you use "they" when you don't know the gender? So instead of writing "he/she/it", you write "they"? I also do not know anything about WH lore but I assume, as it is old stuff, that there are only men in the army? My assumption is that they don't care and you can pick a gender at the start, and therefore "they".
There's really two alternatives.

Either they're saying they, as in, all the Space Marines, are fighting against traitors and daemons, or the SM is a troon.

As for the Space Marines, they're all men since the procedure only works on males.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom