Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
cool warhammer flash game, but where's the official non-cartoon game?

Codex Year of the Donut
Most characters feel samey in Pathfinder because behind every one is a petty idea that doesn't merit a whole class (e.g. Barbarian without rage, Paladin without laying on hands, etc). For example, there is no practical difference between playing a War Priest, Cleric, Inquisitor or Paladin. It's fake complexity.
buildfags will never understand this

"waow I have ONE DIFFERENT FEAT!!! THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER! GREATEST GAME DESIGN OH MY GOD!"
wotr is fucking trash and so is pathfinder

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"waow I have ONE DIFFERENT FEAT!!! THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER! GREATEST GAME DESIGN OH MY GOD!"
Don't follow man. Is the assertion that buildfags suck because of the desire to differentiate characters even if it is by trivial minutiae or did I miss something?

Codex Year of the Donut

Don't follow man. Is the assertion that buildfags suck because of the desire to differentiate characters even if it is by trivial minutiae or did I miss something?
the assertion is that it's 99% identical and they're retards for enabling such shit design because it undermines the entire point of a character class

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
rusty_shackleford What you don't understand is that people who like Pathfinder aren't buildfags. They only think they are buildfags.

See, any idiot can take a Ranger class, take away animal companion and add the ability to cast cantrips and call it "Primal Hunter". This is called class bloat. Real buildfags prefer characteristically strong classes.

Humbaba

Arcane
x06333.png

This looks like a mod for Pathfinder.

Icewind Dale is a mod for Baldur's Gate.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I think, Warhammer 40k needs a more "crisp" style of graphics. The coloring is off, everything is too "smooth". I'm also already tired of seeing the same ten assets copied over and over again in every screenshot. It's not a catastrophe, but recent 40k games like Darktide and the trailer for Space Marine 2 really show how the aesthetic is done right. Also Inquisitor Martyr nailed the isometric look of 40k much much better years ago.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Day and night. I can't even fathom how much better Inquisitor looks. It was released in 2018. Better textures all over the place. The gruel and grime in Rouge Trader looks like something out of WoW for comparison.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
So what's the issue here? Can't be engine, because Unity can do all sorts of styles. Is it the coloring? The lighting? Does it lack detail or more complex textures? One thing for sure is the lack of unique assets. Tilesets are all the same, over the top use of that one Aquila ...

Humbaba

Arcane

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

ID & BG - same world, setting, ruleset
PF & RT - completely different intellectual properties, different games, rulesets

This looks like a total conversion mod from moddb.com

Both pairs run on the same respective engine you complete rusgol sperg.

That is exactly the problem

Two DnD games run on the same engine, they look/feel similar, no problem

40k grimdark and Pathfinder fantasy should not look/feel similar

Humbaba

Arcane

PF & RT - completely different intellectual properties, different games, rulesets

40k and Pathfinder must not look/feel similar

Only fake gamers like you get hung up on gwaffics.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

40k and Pathfinder must not look/feel similar

Only fake gamers like you get hung up on gwaffics.
Art direction dude. Graphics be damned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom