Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So, is there a 40k book I could read to get into..uhm..whatever traders/normal people do? I've only really read Horus Heresy books so far.

I bought Void King by Marc Collins. I've read the first few chapters so I can't really say if it's good or not but it has "A Rogue Traders Novel" on the front.

volklore

Arcane
Would be insane if they actually release rogue trader this year..
Would it be good insane or bad insane? Just curious
2 year dev cycle ? Classes aren't gonna be working :<
Thing is I did enjoy my azata sorcerer playthrough of WoTR at release even though half the azata abilities didn't work (The important ones for my build did though) so I guess it's all about the luck of the draw!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
December 7th

It's rather fast. Seems the assumption that Owlcat started this pre-production before WOTR release might be true.

The beta I played also in much smoother state than WOTR Beta ever was

But the fact that it is released in December means probably game content is kinda set. The Heresy path is kinda disappointing in the beta for the lack subtlety (say vs DoW 2 Chaos Rising, probably the only other 40k games ever to give corruption narrative choice to the player).

Imagine walking with an Inquisitor (which is a forced party member in that dungeon) and basically going "hue hue hue let this poor tech marine sods be corrupted by chaos ritual"

jungl

Augur
Lot of crpgs have tiny amount of content now days. Take baldurs gate 3 and its pitiful amount of maps so much time wasted on voice acting and reactivity around it. Doesn't help 5e combat is inferior to divinity original sin 1s in entertainment value on hardest difficulty lol so all you have is this dnd cringe storyfag game. Going to be interesting going through warhammer see where owlcat cut content and said its good enough for voice acted console slop modern crpgs. Maybe one day we'll see old school crpgs again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom