Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
what's yours :M

My pronoun is Milord. And I identify myself as an vampire lord, The government must give me a huge mansion with 666 gorgeous redhair/blonde servants with big breasts otherwise the society is vampirelordphobic!!!

Jokes aside, what happened with Fextralife and Larian?

Yeah, whats that about Fextralife and Larian?
Fextralife is just a shit fucking site just like Fandom Wiki but Decline sticks to Decline so I'm not surprised.

Trithne

Erudite
It's basically Dead Internet. Fextralife and Fandom are infested with ads, using seo and bots to get high page rank, and stealing content from other wikis. They will also forcibly take down any attempted redirection of users to new wiki, obviously to try and preserve their ad rev.

Corps trying to monetise shit and killing it in the process, nothing new here. Most wikis of value have migrated to wiki.gg from what I've seen, but if you're just searching for "<game> <question>", you'll get fextralife or fandom.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Yosharian

Arcane
It's basically Dead Internet. Fextralife and Fandom are infested with ads, using seo and bots to get high page rank, and stealing content from other wikis. They will also forcibly take down any attempted redirection of users to new wiki, obviously to try and preserve their ad rev.

Corps trying to monetise shit and killing it in the process, nothing new here. Most wikis of value have migrated to wiki.gg from what I've seen, but if you're just searching for "<game> <question>", you'll get fextralife or fandom.
Fextralife's content is often shit as well. I was perusing the Wrath wiki to remind myself of some info I'd forgotten and came across so many unfinished or straight up incorrect articles on things that have been around since the game's release, it's just a trash wiki even if you don't care about the other stuff

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Corps trying to monetise shit and killing it in the process, nothing new here. Most wikis of value have migrated to wiki.gg from what I've seen, but if you're just searching for " ", you'll get fextralife or fandom.
I like underrail's approach to a wiki, hosted on the game developer site, no bullshit or shenanigans. Essential companion to the game.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Probably not. They simply don't want to make a great game.
Anybody know how space combat will work in co-op? Playing this with a friend and i dunno if we have the necessary autism levels to endure it if only one person is controlling the ship. Might just console kill the enemies :killit:

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity

Corps trying to monetise shit and killing it in the process, nothing new here. Most wikis of value have migrated to wiki.gg from what I've seen, but if you're just searching for " ", you'll get fextralife or fandom.
I like underrail's approach to a wiki, hosted on the game developer site, no bullshit or shenanigans. Essential companion to the game.
Dev-hosted resources will go down once the dev looses interest, goes bankrupt or passes away. Independent websites are much more likely to stay alive.

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Fextralife's content is often shit as well. I was perusing the Wrath wiki to remind myself of some info I'd forgotten and came across so many unfinished or straight up incorrect articles on things that have been around since the game's release, it's just a trash wiki even if you don't care about the other stuff

Yeah comparing Fandom for Kingmaker and Fextralife for Wrath. it just seems Fandom makes for passable wiki if you have addblock but jesus christ Fextralife is cancer even without adds.

Camel

Scholar
Fextralife’s dark layout is terrible for your eyes, not unlike the Codex’s. :kingcomrade:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
premium pack+
The set of 3 Exclusive (for the pre-order only) In-Game Items. First is the powerful Negotiator Pistol, which decreases the effectiveness of the target's armor and grants a passive bonus to the Persuasion skill.The second is the exquisite Digital Las-Ring fitted with a potent short-range las emitter capable of striking several targets in a row. And the third is the Xeno-Pelt Cloak, a trademark garment of any respectable Rogue Trader. This item reduces the chances of suffering especially devastating hits and grants a passive bonus to the Coercion skill.

getting good items from paying extra is major decline

Camel

Scholar
I'm so tempted to pick this up, but.. by Terra I will resist the temptation of Chaos! No buying Owlcat games until a year after launch, minimum, from now on.
See you on the release day in the release thread then.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
premium pack+
The set of 3 Exclusive (for the pre-order only) In-Game Items. First is the powerful Negotiator Pistol, which decreases the effectiveness of the target's armor and grants a passive bonus to the Persuasion skill.The second is the exquisite Digital Las-Ring fitted with a potent short-range las emitter capable of striking several targets in a row. And the third is the Xeno-Pelt Cloak, a trademark garment of any respectable Rogue Trader. This item reduces the chances of suffering especially devastating hits and grants a passive bonus to the Coercion skill.

getting good items from paying extra is major decline

Californication marches on. No honor, no shame.

Robber Baron

Savant
ET-TU-OWLCAT.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom