Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - now with Void Shadows DLC

Ryzer

Arcane
Good luck with this game, it's a fun game with good atmosphere, I had a blast with it and it's nowhere near as bad as the niggers in this forum make it out to be.

Vatnik Wumao
Eh, I'm depressed and this probably gonna lift my mood a little
ZGowTLa.png
Have fun, friend.

Harthwain

Magister
Good luck with this game, it's a fun game with good atmosphere, I had a blast with it and it's nowhere near as bad as the niggers in this forum make it out to be.
I'd say it has great atmosphere (you'd be hard pressed to find a Warhammer 40,000 game that can show so many slices of the universe in a single game) and the system is kind of fun (although looks extremely complicated at first and difficulty-wise completely unbalanced) so you will have fun with it.

The caveat is that the deeper you go into the story, the more it falls apart (and the same goes for the combat system). Also, it was a buggy mess. With some space combats being nigh-unwinnable. All in all - I will wait with my second playthrough until it's properly patched, but you should have your money's worth out of it, even if you try it out now.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are there girls in Warhammer?
No. They were all destroyed after the incel uprising of the 30th millennium when the Son of the Emperor denounced the w*mens and then revolted against them. It was a bloody period in the Imperium of Man. The conflict lasted centuries. No f*males survived. This game takes place a millennia after this, where the incels created a utopia free of w*men.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fucking buggy shit game.. I reached Act 4 boss fight, took me 1 hour to finally reach phase 2 of the fight and then it crashed mid into round 1 of it.. and I see even after all the patches this fight is still same bullshit as before, enemies can still eradicate most of your team before they even get their turn on round 1.. took me like 6 reloads to finally reach phase 2 with 3 downed characters.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Since I liked Space Marine 2 will I also enjoy this game? How is the shooting and swarm mechanics?
You know yourself best but I get the impression you prefer fast paced things and I vaguely recall you playing TB rpgs for the first time only recently.
So my gut reaction is to think you'd get bored pretty fast due to having to spend most of your time reading walls of text without the benefit of bg3 mocap and full voice acting.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Since I liked Space Marine 2 will I also enjoy this game? How is the shooting and swarm mechanics?
You know yourself best but I get the impression you prefer fast paced things and I vaguely recall you playing TB rpgs for the first time only recently.
So my gut reaction is to think you'd get bored pretty fast due to having to spending most of your time reading walls of text without the benefit of bg3 mocap and full voice acting.
Yes, this game is not for people that have trouble reading.

ColonelMace

Educated
Grabbed this on sale. To my surprise, this game features roughly the same plot as the other 15 video game adaptations of 40k.

How old were you when you realised this obese setting died long ago of heart failure and is since utterly tetanized by rigor mortis ? Quitte fitting for a world revolving around the cult of the corpse emperor I suppose.
Anyway, it's worse than their Pathfinder adaptations, although the cultists/guardsmen spraying the fuck out of each other is a little bit reminiscent of Fallout combat so it gets a bonus point for its accidental nostalgic value.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Grabbed this on sale. To my surprise, this game features roughly the same plot as the other 15 video game adaptations of 40k.

How old were you when you realised this obese setting died long ago of heart failure and is since utterly tetanized by rigor mortis ? Quitte fitting for a world revolving around the cult of the corpse emperor I suppose.
Anyway, it's worse than their Pathfinder adaptations, although the cultists/guardsmen spraying the fuck out of each other is a little bit reminiscent of Fallout combat so it gets a bonus point for its accidental nostalgic value.
I am not sure I know of any other 40k video adaptations where you get to be a Rogue Trade and rule your empire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom