Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - now with Void Shadows DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/4703536805561491109?l=english

Hotfix 1.2.1.12 is live!
Lord Captains! A new hotfix is deployed, to deal with some more of the reported issues.

Note that https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ always contains up-to-date information on known issues and the roadmap of upcoming patches.

Consoles will receive the same update within ~24 hours.

Patch Notes
  • Sometimes the Rogue Trader's voidship could lose the capability to move and use weapons or could use movement and weapons indefinitely, instead - fixed;
  • Characters could become stuck after using the Veil of Blades ability - fixed;
  • Under certain circumstances, an existing saved game could be converted into Grim Darkness mode, which shouldn't have been possible - fixed;
  • Death from Above ability sometimes failed to deal damage - fixed;
  • Wildfire sometimes didn't reduce the AP cost of attacks as intended - fixed;

Vatnik Wumao
fNrlv7a.png

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Someone in this thread made the comment about "filler abilities that don't do anything" and that's my biggest hurdle to getting back into this game, I think. I didn't realize it until I read that sentence.

Just the thought of scrolling through that insane number of abilities with no real sense of how they come together or if they're even worth it, and I am losing my will to live.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Someone in this thread made the comment about "filler abilities that don't do anything" and that's my biggest hurdle to getting back into this game, I think. I didn't realize it until I read that sentence.

Just the thought of scrolling through that insane number of abilities with no real sense of how they come together or if they're even worth it, and I am losing my will to live.

I still like the game, but I've got to admit it supports the idea that CRPG systems can be too fiddly. I mean, we're all here because we all like fiddly to some extent, more than the average Joe, but this game kind of crosses the line at times.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

I still like the game, but I've got to admit it supports the idea that CRPG systems can be too fiddly. I mean, we're all here because we all like fiddly to some extent, more than the average Joe, but this game kind of crosses the line at times.
Exactly. I like fiddly, I don't like shit that feels like a homework assignment. But more than that, for at least half the abilities I was thinking to myself "What is this actually going to do? Why should I care about it?"

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Exactly. I like fiddly, I don't like shit that feels like a homework assignment. But more than that, for at least half the abilities I was thinking to myself "What is this actually going to do? Why should I care about it?"
My favorite example is from Exectuioner. Is this supposed to be a Role playing talent or.. :lol:

Vivisection

The Executioner gains a + (Medicae/5) bonus to Lore (Xenos).

babayaga

Educated
I wonder how one could fix the leveling in RT?
I think it would be better if you could level less often but not as little as in KM.
The abilities also don't seem to be very clear and they are all over the place.
Like I liked the result of my choices and I loved playing it but reading all that was traumatic.
I don't want to throw it out of the window entirely but it really seems like fixing it would mean redoing everything.

ArchAngel

Arcane

My favorite example is from Exectuioner. Is this supposed to be a Role playing talent or.. :lol:

Vivisection

The Executioner gains a + (Medicae/5) bonus to Lore (Xenos).
At least it is a flat bonus that is always active. Better example is one of the Soldier talents that gives you a bit of bonus damage if you hit the right target with a right weapon on right "day of the week"
Or a bunch of Assassin talents that are so stupid there is no point taking them.

This game would do well to halve the number of levels for all characters and merge talents into bigger ones with more clear activation rules and better bonuses.

dutchwench

Novice
Was finally able to get around to checking this game out. After making a bit of progress into Pasqal, I found myself incredibly upset by the fact that last year "the gaming community" was discussing all sorts of retarded companion related drama from the bigger releases of 2023. This guy's writing got completely buried underneath all that BS and it's so unfair. Pasqal's writing is awesome. Genuinely floored by how complicated his story is as far as ideas and concepts are concerned. The style of the writing is top notch as well.

notpl

Arbiter
Was finally able to get around to checking this game out. After making a bit of progress into Pasqal, I found myself incredibly upset by the fact that last year "the gaming community" was discussing all sorts of retarded companion related drama from the bigger releases of 2023. This guy's writing got completely buried underneath all that BS and it's so unfair. Pasqal's writing is awesome. Genuinely floored by how complicated his story is as far as ideas and concepts are concerned. The style of the writing is top notch as well.
Damn I wish I were retarded enough to be floored by a character in an owlcat game.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
For what it's worth my main beef with the levelling system in rogue trader is you gotta do all your level ups at once, wish you could pick a skill and take a break but i often gotta do like 10 at once if not more.

I can't be the only one who likes to store levelups and test things out gradually, especially if i'm using a companion i haven't used in a while.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Damn I wish I were retarded enough to be floored by a character in an owlcat game.
images

ArchAngel

Arcane
For what it's worth my main beef with the levelling system in rogue trader is you gotta do all your level ups at once, wish you could pick a skill and take a break but i often gotta do like 10 at once if not more.

I can't be the only one who likes to store levelups and test things out gradually, especially if i'm using a companion i haven't used in a while.
There is no need to level up characters you are not going to use. You can level them up just before taking them to a mission.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

I wish the UI was different. The wheel/circle that shown your skill/talents/abilities is not very clear to look bat a eye and understand what you picked.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

There is no need to level up characters you are not going to use. You can level them up just before taking them to a mission.

I wish my particular brand of minor 'tism would let me do that, but unfortunately I'm compelled to neatly level up all my characters at once when it's levelling up time :)

ArchAngel

Arcane

I wish my particular brand of minor 'tism would let me do that, but unfortunately I'm compelled to neatly level up all my characters at once when it's levelling up time :)
I did that on my first run because I wanted to try them all but now in my second run I picked my starting 6 so I do not bother with rest until they have a personal missions for me and want me to take them out.

Supermedo

Augur
Shit the voidfarer edition is selling for 30 bucks, I'm trying to resist buying and playing the game till all the DLC and patches are out, but currently I feel I'm only on the mood to play a new owl cat game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom