Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - now with Void Shadows DLC

jungl

Augur
Good luck with this game, it's a fun game with good atmosphere, I had a blast with it and it's nowhere near as bad as the niggers in this forum make it out to be.
Content wise the game feels sparce despite being in space. Chapter 1 the game peaks which is pathetic. The remainder of the game is load screens and subpar gameplay searching solar systems with sparse content. The journey feels pointless like pillars 2 there are no good villains, stakes are not quite there the story is not lethal enough. The problem with crpgs that are too much power fantasy and player agency the narrative tends to suffer. Risen 2 was a better game.

Litmanen

Educated
Good luck with this game, it's a fun game with good atmosphere, I had a blast with it and it's nowhere near as bad as the niggers in this forum make it out to be.
Content wise the game feels sparce despite being in space. Chapter 1 the game peaks which is pathetic. The remainder of the game is load screens and subpar gameplay searching solar systems with sparse content. The journey feels pointless like pillars 2 there are no good villains, stakes are not quite there the story is not lethal enough. The problem with crpgs that are too much power fantasy and player agency the narrative tends to suffer. Risen 2 was a better game.
My God, I loved all the Gothics (also the third, yes) and Risen 1 but, please, don't come in any thread and say that Risen 2 is better than something else.

I'm sad to say that but, beside the setting, the game is uninteresting at most.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
You see the sector map and think "wow I bet there's a lot of side content there!"

There isn't.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's time to immerse yourself in the ominous and atmospheric music from Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader DLC – Void Shadows! Save the full soundtrack to your playlist, and may the light of the God-Emperor protect you.

00:00:00 01 - Nikolay Filipovich - Tenets of the Web
00:02:09 02 - Pavel Lipski - His Whispers
00:05:07 03 - Nikolay Filipovich - Fates of the Lowest
00:07:06 04 - Nikolay Filipovich - Cutting Threads
00:09:16 05 - Nikolay Filipovich - In the Darkness We Live
00:11:22 06 - Nikolay Filipovich - The Ravenous Star
00:13:39 07 - Pavel Lipski - Voices of Empyrean
00:16:34 08 - Nikola Nikita Jeremić - Footsteps of Doom

Ryzer

Arcane
You see the sector map and think "wow I bet there's a lot of side content there!"

There isn't.
quality>quantity

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

It's time to immerse yourself in the ominous and atmospheric music from Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader DLC – Void Shadows! Save the full soundtrack to your playlist, and may the light of the God-Emperor protect you.

00:00:00 01 - Nikolay Filipovich - Tenets of the Web
00:02:09 02 - Pavel Lipski - His Whispers
00:05:07 03 - Nikolay Filipovich - Fates of the Lowest
00:07:06 04 - Nikolay Filipovich - Cutting Threads
00:09:16 05 - Nikolay Filipovich - In the Darkness We Live
00:11:22 06 - Nikolay Filipovich - The Ravenous Star
00:13:39 07 - Pavel Lipski - Voices of Empyrean
00:16:34 08 - Nikola Nikita Jeremić - Footsteps of Doom

Not news.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/4687775476024437132
Patch 1.2.1.17 is here!
Lord Captains!

The Omnissiah blessed us with the
Patch 1.2.1.17
! Our Tech-Priests are humbly presenting nearly one hundred fixes, changes, and improvements that are ready to explore.

Please be aware of the plot spoilers below!

Note that https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ always contains up-to-date information on known issues and the roadmap of upcoming patches.

Patch Notes
System and stability
  • Improved performance for the console platforms;
  • [Xbox] On a 1+ hour play session, some users encountered various progress-blocking bugs: inability to save the game, hanging loading screens, and critical errors, referencing the fog of war. All these problems were fixed;
Narrative
  • A female worker on Footfall spoke about herself using incorrect gender — fixed;
  • Fixed the lines of warp ghosts, so they would act in character;
  • Minor dialogue fixes;
  • You will now have the correct reactivity to your choice during the prologue when meeting with the Death Cult;
  • In Hunting Grounds quest, Ulfar's line was presented as if said by Calligos Winterscale — fixed;
  • Fixed the logic in dialogue with Vizsier of the Bloodspun Web, if Kibellah was brought to Freight Line;
  • Dreams and Stories quest will be now marked as failed if not completed until the end of Act II;
  • During Kibellah's questline, the Journal lacked a reminder of a certain meeting on

— fixed;
  • Added new dialogue options during the first encounter with the Death Cult;
  • Fixed dialogue interruption with Yrliet in the Rogue Trader's chamber;
  • Improved some wording in dialogues;
  • In some cases, when playing in co-op, Kibellah had missing text in some pop-up dialog lines — fixed;
  • The text did not correspond to the success of a Medicine check on a sick person on the Freight Line location — fixed;
  • Fixed the difficulty of the Lore (Warp) check in A Card Inverted quest, now it is easier to pass it;
  • The dialogue in Voidship Shrine occurring after the battle has been made more structured and clearer to understand;
  • Vladaym Tocara could mention Kibellah in dialogue, although she was not yet taken into the team — fixed;
  • If the player already has a completed romance, it will be impossible to start a romance with Kibellah;
  • The player couldn't talk to the administratum clerk in Jae’s personal quest — fixed;
  • Now Kibellah will react to the happening events more frequently;
  • In Zacchary Weisz's quest about his memories, there was an option to leave the Chapel, thereby blocking further progression of the quest — fixed;
Mechanics
  • Steel of the Forge talent now correctly protects from the Prone buff;
  • The Crossfire ability didn't work correctly for the hostile Genestealers — fixed;
  • Praying in Voidship Shrine will now grant buffs to the characters;
  • During the battle in the

, the player couldn't place characters in certain tiles of the location – fixed;
  • The Bladedancer used to end the Acrobatic Artistry ability in the next tile from the original one if their first movement during the turn was the Death Waltz jump — fixed;
  • The Battle Trance ability now correctly removes Stunned effects;
  • In the battle in the

ran out of covers during the preparatory phase — fixed;
  • Enemy's extra turn could interrupt the Bladedancer's Death Waltz Heroic Act — fixed;
  • Webber's Immobilised effect is now correctly taken into account when interacting with abilities and items;
  • Fixed the bug with the Bladedancer allowing jumping over full covers. Now the jump requires the character to see the place where they jump;
  • The Bladedancer is no longer able to jump on covers using the Death Waltz Heroic Act in the fight with Aurora in Star Port;
Items
  • Pair Holster now works as intended, and provides one attack with a pistol that costs 0 AP;
  • Ritual Knife no longer enables crits for abilities that use a weapon in the other hand;
  • Unquenchable Fury's description has been corrected to match its actual behaviour;
  • Heavy Emergency Cutter now correctly triggers only once per melee burst attack (not per each hit);
  • Smiter now correctly ignores armour and deflection;
  • Missionary Oath now correctly becomes unavailable when using targeted abilities;
  • Metal Claw Gloves now modify armour directly, instead of increasing armour penetration of attackers;
  • Fixed the incorrect name of the Death Cult armour;
  • The loot gained after the

death in

has been changed;
  • Demolition Instructions had incorrect calculation in the description — fixed;
  • Partner in Death now deals an attack of opportunity if an ally uses a ranged attack;
Locations
  • Fixed the navigation path for the characters on the location of Jae's personal quest;
  • Some NPCs on the Voidship Bridge were standing too close to each other — fixed;
  • A marker for

has been added to the Voidship Bridge map;
  • Some containers at the Gutted Voidship were unlootable — fixed;
  • In the Death Has Whispered Your Name quest, officers and aristocrats were standing in the heretical palace decoration texture if the player had the heretical Conviction — fixed;
Visual
  • Enhanced the visuals of several NPCs, improving their outfits and making them more suitable for their roles;
  • Fixed a bug on Eurac V which caused Cassia's animation to stutter, when she rises from her knees;
    Improved the crowd’s animations;
  • The Acid in Haemonculus's Laboratory now looks better;
  • Added the cutscene of the Rogue Trader sitting on the throne after a boss fight;
  • Added character animations to the dialogues from the Void Shadows DLC;
  • Improved the environment textures in the Temple of the Bloodspun Web location;
  • Improved animations of characters and crowds in the Freight Line location;
  • Enemies in the Freight Line location have become more diverse in appearance;
  • One of the death cultists was standing inside the NPC on the bridge — fixed;
  • Improved crowds and character animations in the Freight Line location;
  • Two servitors were standing inside each other on the bridge — fixed;
  • The Rogue Trader model could disappear during the romance quest with Yrliet — fixed;
  • When loading a game in co-op, the characters' capes were abnormally stretched — fixed;
  • Added a cutscene demonstrating how the Freight Line location changes after the player's decisions;
  • Kibellah's face was slightly fixed;
User Interface
  • When playing on a console or with a controller, each portrait in the character generator has its own appearance settings, such as hairstyle, tattoos, etc. While progressing through character creation, these settings would revert to default when entering the corresponding UI section. Now, these settings will remain consistent with the portrait until you change them;
  • If a character is immobilised, they will no longer have Movement Points;
  • When playing on a console or with a controller, entering the DLC/mods tab during a cutscene could lead to an error — fixed;
  • The Enfeeble ability description had the incorrectly calculated value for damage bonus — fixed. This was only a text mismatch actual mechanics were working correctly;
  • Added missing formula in Shield of the Emperor ability description;
  • Added missing formula in Syphon Life (Desperate and Heroic Acts) ability description;
  • Fixed some features/talents not getting new icons;
  • Fixed some features/talents not using the formula calculator;
  • If the character wears an item that cannot be taken off and the slot in the inventory is locked, you may double-click on the item you want to wear to place it in another available slot;
  • On consoles, an empty dialog window could block the view — fixed;
  • Changed the question-mark rumour icons on the global map;
Audio
  • The sound of shots was absent in the cutscene of the

— fixed;
  • The Valiant Commissar's Skull now has his very own voiceover line;
  • Added sounds to some effects in the Freight Line location;
  • Added the sound of the coming train in the cutscene in the Freight Line location;
  • Lacerax on the bridge was snoring too loud, we had to make it quieter, as it disturbed the whole crew;
Space
  • Added several new names to planets that had duplicated names;
  • The Barrage-Type Flak Shot ability obtained from the Flak Ammo Arsenal could fail to work in space battles — fixed;
  • When playing on a console or with a controller, the player could lose the ability to move the voidship in space battles — fixed;
Co-op
  • Fixed several issues that could cause desyncs when playing in co-op;
  • It was not possible to continue the game in some situations in co-op because the game required the DLC, although it was disabled in this save — fixed;
Localization
  • When switching the language, not all options were translated into the selected language without restarting the game — fixed;
  • The word "user's" has been removed from several formulas related to consumable items in Russian;
  • Fixed the attributes translation while inspecting the voidship;
  • Fixed a typo in the Russian description of Fighters Deck (Fury Interceptors);
  • Some Spanish dialogues were missing translations, text was displayed in English — fixed;
  • Some abilities and phenomena present in space battles were not translated into Chinese, Spanish, and Japanese — fixed;
Miscellaneous
  • Kibellah was absent during the Rykad Minoris triumph — we kindly asked her to be there;
  • Barks said by the warp ghost disappeared too fast so it was impossible to read them — fixed;
  • During the cutscene

the camera flipped back to the player's party — fixed;
  • We asked Yrliet to step away from Kibellah on the bridge — these two didn't get along very well;
  • The Limited Outfit DLC was removed from the list of DLCs available for purchase;
  • [Xbox] On Xbox you could delete Voidfarer's pack, Deluxe pack, and Limited Outfit via DLC manager window, which could lead to strange game states. The delete option now is no longer available;

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
And finished my run, overall it went smoother then my first attempt at launch where entire questlines got broken or failed or seemed scrambled.
0 bugs encountered that i noticed, could be i just got lucky but yeah had a good time this run and was able to just play the game with 0 issues.

Clearly the Goth Girl dlc saves this game and devs should do more dlc of this ilk in general.

But on a more serious note, yeah dlc is good. Not only in terms of content but the main questline is solid and made me really hate the antagonists, although granted it might be because i went the icolonoclast route and the dlc enemy is the perfect foil to such silly beliefs.
Hell before this dlc i viewed said faction as mere annoying pests but i now view them as genuinely more evil and dangerous then even chaos daemons because at least daemons know they are lying to you and toying with you.

And i reckon a 40k nerd saying "your story is good enough it completely changed my perspective on x faction" is a decent compliment.

Otherwise my main complaint is I expected a final followup quest:

Specifically after you find the ship that all the genestealers came from. Maybe a space hulk like mission or something to do in chapter 4 after you leave commorragh.
Instead you get your hard boss fight, go to the ship for answers, get them and...nada, thats it. Unless i missed something I feel like there was supposed to be a final twist or reveal or a final lead to investigate.

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Sounding more and more like the game will be at its best to play for the first time once the final DLC comes out. Something to look forward to!

user

Savant
Came back to the game after a long time and went through act 1.
Love the game but the experience is worse this time around. I preferred the game being riddled with bugs than being bored to tears, because there is no point at carefully planning a build or playing strategically, on unfair.
Combat on daring felt more challenging (at least when you deliberately tried not to break the game) before the balance patches. Could be the new broken companion or the broken pyro, the broken ultimates, or the broken progression
mystery.png

Feels more like an adventure clicker at this point.

babayaga

Educated
How many hours of content do you want? The base game is in total 120 hours, DLC is 15 hours.
The length decreases replayability too.
RT is good despite it's length but we really are in need of shorter 30h games.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Since Void Shadows was delayed the tax evasion DLC probably wont come out until next year.
Every single company and developer wants that sweet Christmas money. Owlcat is no different that's why they released unfinished RT just in time before Christmas. So I think the DLC will come out in December.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Since Void Shadows was delayed the tax evasion DLC probably wont come out until next year.
Every single company and developer wants that sweet Christmas money. Owlcat is no different that's why they released unfinished RT just in time before Christmas. So I think the DLC will come out in December.

Some bum at owlcat replied on steam that it will get delayed to end of Q1 2025, so march.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I bought the season pass yesterday but I am waiting until next big patch to play it from start with new DLC. I just need to finish my current Iconoclast run that I started before summer before that.

Depending on how the next big patch will look I might finally do that Heretic run or I might just do another Dogmatic run, that one was way more fun and cooler than Iconoclast.

Supermedo

Augur

Some bum at owlcat replied on steam that it will get delayed to end of Q1 2025, so march.
Good, I started playing yesterday because I thought I should wait till December so I can play the game with all DLC's, 6 month is enough time for me to forget the game main plot and replay it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom