Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Challenge accepted, I will be playing with a full team of psykers

Wait can you even make mercs in this game
Yeah, at the non trivial cost of profit factor.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Why don't you use Idira @Cryomancer, she was king of dmg output as unsactioned.

I want to play as my self insert psyker, also, having too much psykers in your party is asking for veil degradation mainly unsanctioned ones. Major powers like Molten Beam causes 3 points of veil degradation. 5 casts of Molten Beam and the veil degradation reaches 15, meaning the risk of any peril of the warp being triggered is quadrupled. With a PR = 3, that is a about a third chance of triggering phenomenons. And with PR = 6(maximum allowed in P&P), that is roughly 50%.

Is better to have one psyker per party at most. Maybe two if both are sanctioned and one is a "hybrid" that will engage more in melee and only use it for emergency heal and some buffs.

Warp stuff is just annoying at the start when Idira can kill herself or summon a daemon.... by chapter II it's basically "who cares about dat daemonette", even with a 5 party psykers. You never do enough damage to kill anyone anymore.

The only effect that stays annoying the whole game is the explosion that knocks people around you unconscious, that makes people lose their turns not because of the damage... but that's pretty rare.

I ran with Idira plus another psyker whole game and I think I reloaded less than 10 times, most at the start of the game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Warp stuff is just annoying at the start when Idira can kill herself or summon a daemon.... by chapter II it's basically "who cares about dat daemonette", even with a 5 party psykers. You never do enough damage to kill anyone anymore.

The only effect that stays annoying the whole game is the explosion that knocks people around you unconscious, that makes people lose their turns not because of the damage... but that's pretty rare.

I ran with Idira plus another psyker whole game and I think I reloaded less than 10 times, most at the start of the game.

Yep. Playing a bit more, I also found much more talent to "repair" the veil. You can make Molten Beam only damage the veil by one point. And the navigator-officer combo can repair the veil quickly. IMO, "fixing" the veil should be harder and riskier, e.g., putting the psyker in a trance-like state where any hit against him is a critical hit. And the perils of the warp much more dangerous.

But back to other stuff.

I'm really enjoying this game after this path. Now that the infinite stack of buffs and debuffs and the infinite turn problem are solved and at least one psyker discipline is fixed, I'm really loving this game. I honestly didn't like ship combat when I first played this game. Now, with 5x animation speed, I don't find it tedious and like it. Sure, it is not as great as UnderRail Expedition naval combat (the best in any turn-based game, imo), but this game is much better now.

If someone drops this game, I urge them to try again after this patch. Improved a lot.

Did anyone here played Heretic? I'm curious if how the companions react cuz most companions aren't heretic.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
For those who managed to play the game after the patch 1.2, what else would you like to change or add in the game? I'm collecting suggestions for future patches.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
For those who managed to play the game after the patch 1.2, what else would you like to change or add in the game? I'm collecting suggestions for future patches.

The game is miles better after 1.2, but I would :

Psyker :
  • - Add Blood Boil, Hemorrhage and bio lightning to biomancy. Make Hemorrhage similar to Blood Wound from Dragon Age Origins and Blood boil, similar to VtMB blood boil
  • - Add Telekinesis as an mini DLC and make it as accurate to Dark Heresy P&P as possible.
  • - Make control take control over the enemy, not only force him to waste MP.
  • - Perils of the warp more deadly, they almost stop being a problem in late chapter 2.
  • - Nerf the talents to reduce the peril of the warp, I'm able to spam Molten Beam 24/7.
  • - Nerf + PR late game items(din't reached there yet, just assuming is the same)
Ranged :
  • - Add special ammo types to Bolters, similar to how special arrows can be used in WoTR.
  • - Make viable to dual wield pistols for characters with crazy high stats

Melee :
  • - More talents to quick close distance for melee guys
  • - Buff force swords
  • - Implement "decapitate" talent, that is a save or die talent, non usable against non humans/humanoid xenos
  • - Allow characters to "throw" in map stuff and other characters into the enemy.
  • - Ability to use implants to buff melee capability
  • - Ability to try to knock down enemies on melee
  • - Animations for killing enemies like impaling them.
Note : Despite I suggesting a more melee stuff, I think that melee > ranged > psyker in cool factor in this game.

Officer/Vanguard/etc abilities
  • - Possibility to auto trigger this abilities so you don't need to manually activate one by one, like "buff bot" in PF:WoTR but after the combat starts
  • - Cap everything that stacks to like +20
  • - Diminishing returns on attributes above 100, eg - +2 becomes +1.

Gameplay :
  • - A combat servitor companion
  • - Stuff that you build in your colonies should be more integrated with gameplay

Last edited:

TwoEdge

Scholar
At this point, what bothers me most is the lack of polish and the overall feel of the game experience. The map, for instance, is almost useless, save for tracking uncollected loot and available exits. Some jankiness takes me right out of the experience, such as characters clipping on each other or getting stuck pathing. Also, the soundscape feels very barren. Compared to WotR, where we can hear the interlocking armor plates, horse hooves on the ground, and rustling grass while moving around, it's much quieter here. Lastly, the fact that most combat actions are depicted with the acting character vaguely pointing somewhere looks downright lazy.

Of note (you're probably aware of this already, but just in case), after this patch vendors started restocking their whole inventory immediately, which breaks the balance given how profit factor works.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

The game is miles better after 1.2, but I would :

Psyker :
  • - Add Blood Boil, Hemorrhage and bio lightning to biomancy. Make Hemorrhage similar to Blood Wound from Dragon Age Origins and Blood boil, similar to VtMB blood boil
  • - Add Telekinesis as an mini DLC and make it as accurate to Dark Heresy P&P as possible.
  • - Make control take control over the enemy, not only force him to waste MP.
  • - Perils of the warp more deadly, they almost stop being a problem in late chapter 2.
  • - Nerf the talents to reduce the peril of the warp, I'm able to spam Molten Beam 24/7.
  • - Nerf + PR late game items(din't reached there yet, just assuming is the same)
Ranged :
  • - Add special ammo types to Bolters, similar to how special arrows can be used in WoTR.
  • - Make viable to dual wield pistols for characters with crazy high stats

Melee :
  • - More talents to quick close distance for melee guys
  • - Buff force swords
  • - Implement "decapitate" talent, that is a save or die talent, non usable against non humans/humanoid xenos
  • - Allow characters to "throw" in map stuff and other characters into the enemy.
  • - Ability to use implants to buff melee capability
  • - Ability to try to knock down enemies on melee
  • - Animations for killing enemies like impaling them.
Note : Despite I suggesting a more melee stuff, I think that melee > ranged > psyker in cool factor in this game.

Officer/Vanguard/etc abilities
  • - Possibility to auto trigger this abilities so you don't need to manually activate one by one, like "buff bot" in PF:WoTR but after the combat starts
  • - Cap everything that stacks to like +20
  • - Diminishing returns on attributes above 100, eg - +2 becomes +1.

Gameplay :
  • - A combat servitor companion
  • - Stuff that you build in your colonies should be more integrated with gameplay
Cool, thanks!
At this point, what bothers me most is the lack of polish and the overall feel of the game experience. The map, for instance, is almost useless, save for tracking uncollected loot and available exits. Some jankiness takes me right out of the experience, such as characters clipping on each other or getting stuck pathing. Also, the soundscape feels very barren. Compared to WotR, where we can hear the interlocking armor plates, horse hooves on the ground, and rustling grass while moving around, it's much quieter here. Lastly, the fact that most combat actions are depicted with the acting character vaguely pointing somewhere looks downright lazy.

Of note (you're probably aware of this already, but just in case), after this patch vendors started restocking their whole inventory immediately, which breaks the balance given how profit factor works.
Got it, thank you

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yep. Playing a bit more, I also found much more talent to "repair" the veil. You can make Molten Beam only damage the veil by one point. And the navigator-officer combo can repair the veil quickly. IMO, "fixing" the veil should be harder and riskier, e.g., putting the psyker in a trance-like state where any hit against him is a critical hit. And the perils of the warp much more dangerous.

But back to other stuff.

I'm really enjoying this game after this path. Now that the infinite stack of buffs and debuffs and the infinite turn problem are solved and at least one psyker discipline is fixed, I'm really loving this game. I honestly didn't like ship combat when I first played this game. Now, with 5x animation speed, I don't find it tedious and like it. Sure, it is not as great as UnderRail Expedition naval combat (the best in any turn-based game, imo), but this game is much better now.

If someone drops this game, I urge them to try again after this patch. Improved a lot.

Did anyone here played Heretic? I'm curious if how the companions react cuz most companions aren't heretic.
Infinite Turn problem is fixed? You mean like when my Officer gives 3 AP to someone that does enough damage to get his heroic, does a rampage around, then turn reverts back to Officer who spends rest of her AP (Jae with a sniper rifle in my case) that gets her heroic now and gives someone 6 AP with all attacks, that other person also gets to activate its own heroic during that turn and combat ends after that..

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also Bounty Hunter Pasqual is doing 500 per hit on crit at near start Act 4 with Ancient Plasma Rifle (the fixed version). Highest HP enemy I met had 2500 life. All combat ends in 2 turns with my party..

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/4248664999239245825

Hotfix 1.2.0.30 is out!

Lord Captains!
A minor hotfix has arrived. Blessed be the Tech-Priests who tirelessly eliminate the vile scrap code!

Note that https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ always contains up-to-date information on known issues and the roadmap of upcoming patches.

Please be aware of the plot spoilers below!

If you play with mods, use them at your own risk. Mods can change your save unpredictably and we won't be able to restore it.

The list of changes:
Narrative
  • Sometimes the entire party would visit the date night of

and Lord Capitan. Due to this violation of privacy, the date wouldn't happen - fixed;
Items
  • Saving and loading the game after trading restored the vendor's assortment - fixed;
Locations

• did not approach the edge of the platform in

which made it impossible to start a dialogue with them - fixed;
Animations
  • Ulfar had troubles with his animations - fixed;
  • Enemies preferred to roll into the cover after attack instead of stepping there - fixed;
User Interface
  • The Hide Non-Wearable option worked alternatively - fixed;
  • Scrolling failed to work in the trading interface - fixed;
Audio
  • Sound stuttered on Kiava Gamma - fixed;
Localization
  • Russian texts have been updated in accordance with the balance changes. Also, the talents descriptions were updated;

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Infinite Turn problem is fixed? You mean like when my Officer gives 3 AP to someone that does enough damage to get his heroic, does a rampage around, then turn reverts back to Officer who spends hers of her AP (Jae with a sniper rifle in my case) that gets her heroic now and gives someone 6 AP with all attacks, that other person also gets to activate its own heroic during that turn and combat ends after that..

Yep. Some infinite turns got fixed but not all. You are right.

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/4248664999239245825

Hotfix 1.2.0.30 is out!

Lord Captains!
A minor hotfix has arrived. Blessed be the Tech-Priests who tirelessly eliminate the vile scrap code!

Note that https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ always contains up-to-date information on known issues and the roadmap of upcoming patches.

Please be aware of the plot spoilers below!

If you play with mods, use them at your own risk. Mods can change your save unpredictably and we won't be able to restore it.

The list of changes:
Narrative
  • Sometimes the entire party would visit the date night of

and Lord Capitan. Due to this violation of privacy, the date wouldn't happen - fixed;
Items
  • Saving and loading the game after trading restored the vendor's assortment - fixed;
Locations

• did not approach the edge of the platform in

which made it impossible to start a dialogue with them - fixed;
Animations
  • Ulfar had troubles with his animations - fixed;
  • Enemies preferred to roll into the cover after attack instead of stepping there - fixed;
User Interface
  • The Hide Non-Wearable option worked alternatively - fixed;
  • Scrolling failed to work in the trading interface - fixed;
Audio
  • Sound stuttered on Kiava Gamma - fixed;
Localization
  • Russian texts have been updated in accordance with the balance changes. Also, the talents descriptions were updated;
I see zero fixes for problems I ran into. Like the eldar companion animation breaking down while trying to move her with a controller as leader of the party (or when controlling solo).

I usually just happened on one of my planets. Now it is happening on most.. also it should have been fixed by now.

BTW, it is not a bug. Project Build speed is reduced by colony stat so at 10 Complacency it is -100% to building time.

Also, Colony Management has a one huge pro comparing to Pathfinders mini-games - it gives a ton of perma-buffs to stats and skills, with half of them being party-wide, on top of assortment of unique items.
On launch going to Ch. 3 removed all bonuses when you started Ch 4.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
waiting to be properly announced
GRVezaBawAEhHtJ

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom