Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uhh I'm assuming Psykers start off weak but get stronger?
Cryomancer can't play psykers unless they fry the entire battlefield and summon an army greater daemons that kill the player every time they sneeze.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They have some of the most OP items in the game for all body slots. That is how they are scaled. My melee biomancer can basically solo all encounters and Indira has 10+ psi rating after 2 turns.
They even have items for either heavy armor play or light armor/dodge play.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Is not a matter of how strong or weak they are. My problem is that the powers is too dissociated from P&P and lore. OwlCat could make ignite deal 666 trillion damage, would still be trash.

unless they fry the entire battlefield

Never said it. I suggested maximum PR = 6, that is what the story considers "beta"

I honestly think that they are so badly implemented that would be better for the game to not have it into the game.

They have some of the most OP items in the game for all body slots. That is how they are scaled. My melee biomancer can basically solo all encounters and Indira has 10+ psi rating after 2 turns.

That is the problem with the game.

PR >= 7 is "alpha" class and depending upon items to boost your PR is silly imo. In lore, some Psykers, mainly Eldar uses limitations to limit their power.

You talked about biomancy.

There are so many cool biomancy abilities in P&P. Yet Owlcat decided that Biomancy should only be used for buffs and debuffs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nobody cares if it is following some pnp rules or not. Barely anyone even played that PnP.
You are boring us with this same shit, you already told us this 5 times

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nobody cares if it is following some pnp rules or not. Barely anyone even played that PnP.

It should follow the WH40k lore. That is my point.

you already told us this 5 times

I'm just discussing the new patch and asking if someone has a good modding tutorial, so I can make the game more in line with lore. I want to use abilities like Haemorrhage, Life Leech, Blood Boil, Constrict, Bio-Lightning and etc. And yes, some of this abilities are present in DarkTide and Inquisitor Martyr. But sadly Inquisitor Martyr has Diablo 3 everything scales with your weapon itemization so is worse than this game.

. First time? :lol:

Sorry for committing the ultimate heresy of relating my experience with a game after a patch and wanting to mod cool stuff from wh40k lore in a wh40k game. /sarcasm

Ignore everything that I said about psykers. Do you know a good modding tutorial or not?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Sorry for committing the ultimate heresy of relating my experience with a game after a patch and wanting to mod cool stuff from wh40k lore in a wh40k game. /sarcasm

Ignore everything that I said about psykers. Do you know a good modding tutorial or not?

Oh come on, no need to go immediately to butthurt. You have to be self aware enough to acknowledge that you do the same thing with any sort of mage class for any game and have literally for years.

Also with bows and sniper rifles, IIRC, but that's basically another topic just with the same autistic focus, while the mage stuff is literally the same shit as the psyker stuff in a different setting.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Oh come on, no need to go immediately to butthurt. You have to be self aware enough to acknowledge that you do the same thing with any sort of mage class for any game and have literally for years.

Also with bows and sniper rifles, IIRC, but that's basically another topic just with the same autistic focus, while the mage stuff is literally the same shit as the psyker stuff in a different setting.
I mean, no one will complain if you do it with style.

Camel

Scholar
Victor complaining about psykers.
Yosharian writing how the game is broken and that Owlcat would fix it in 10 years.
Fedora telling everyone how the game is shit after playing it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
but that's basically another topic just with the same autistic focus, while the mage stuff is literally the same shit as the psyker stuff in a different setting.

So what?

Imagine if ERYFKRAD was very exited about Barbarians in a game only to see Lacrymas style Barbarians or any Paladin fan seeing Lacrymas Eunuch Paladins in a game. The fact is, I complain more about magic because is what is being butchered the most. And when I criticize what WoTC is doing with Paladins, no one gets butthurt. When I criticize what they are doing with magic, people get butthurt.

For ERYFKRAD to understand, imagine a warhammer fantasy game where you can play as a Barbarian from a Barbarian tribe. Now imagine that the Barbarian can only shout and apply debuffs on enemies and buffs on its allies. Can't throw stuff, can't cut stuff, can't bonk stuff. That is how I see a biomancer unable to cast blood boil and bio lightning.

Explains his love for casters))

What happened after commies arrested all casters in a slightly magical version of Earth :

complaining about psykers.

I also complain about inifnite stacks of buffs/debuffs.

But when I criticize it, I don't get the same butthurt.

Again, imagine that you are a huge Paladin fan and they launched a game, where Paladins can only turn undead and cure wounds. Can't smite and do other Paladin stuff. That is how I see biomancers in this game.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It should follow the WH40k lore. That is my point.

you already told us this 5 times

I'm just discussing the new patch and asking if someone has a good modding tutorial, so I can make the game more in line with lore. I want to use abilities like Haemorrhage, Life Leech, Blood Boil, Constrict, Bio-Lightning and etc. And yes, some of this abilities are present in DarkTide and Inquisitor Martyr. But sadly Inquisitor Martyr has Diablo 3 everything scales with your weapon itemization so is worse than this game.

It is following lore. Lore says psykers can do magic stuff in different ways and can cause unwanted effects including summoning demons and all that happens in this game. You are complaining with mechanics of that which is comparing with PnP which is just another version of rules of same world, no more or less correct.
Is there psykers in army battle rules which is the main game and lore turned into mechanics? How many of these cool and powerful psyker abilities are available there?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got another question for WH40k fans here. Is there any space 4x WH40k game out there where you manage colonies, do space battles and do planetary invasions in style of classic space 4x games like MoO, BotF, Sword of the Stars or at least lesser ones like Stellaris?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
I got another question for WH40k fans here. Is there any space 4x WH40k game out there where you manage colonies, do space battles and do planetary invasions in style of classic space 4x games like MoO, BotF, Sword of the Stars or at least lesser ones like Stellaris?
Nope, unless those games have 40k mods. You got a 4x and a spaceship battles game, but not a space4x.

. The fact is, I complain more about magic because is what is being butchered the most.
Magic is boring bruv.

And when I criticize what WoTC is doing with Paladins, no one gets butthurt
Paladins aren't boring.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It is following lore. Lore says psykers can do magic stuff in different ways and can cause unwanted effects including summoning demons and all that happens in this game.

It also happens in other WH games. Inquisitor Martyr imo implemented perils of the warp in a better way. My point is that telepath powers works more akin to D&D 4e than to the novels of WH40k.

But again, I'm just asking for a good modding tutorial, In the past, I tried to learn how to mod a entire new mythic path in Wrath but gave up because was too hard, even putting a single new ability for testing purposes took a lot of try and error as I found the documentation too lackluster and I could't find how to mod dialog into the game, let alone new npcs so I gave up(yes, I have read toybox sourcecode to try to learn from them). I'm searching a lot but can't find a way to mod more abilities into this game. All I want is to add blood related and bio lightning related abilities to biomancy and start with pr = 2 + remove the +pr items from the game.

Magic is boring bruv.

Paladins aren't boring.

You know, Paladins use magic. Divine magic.

But again, imagine that a diehard Paladin fan sees Paladins in a game where he can only heal and turn undead and asks for a modding tutorial, so he can put smite and other Paladin stuff into the game. Everyone here would see it as reasonable. I want the blood and lightning stuff from biomancers into the game. Simple as that.

Vatnik Wumao
Embrace fighters, lads. No magic to fuck up, no disappointment to be had.

That being said, I do prefer blackguards/hellknights/etc over vanilla warriors if done right. That sort of grimderpy knightly aesthetic is great.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nope, unless those games have 40k mods. You got a 4x and a spaceship battles game, but not a space4x.

. The fact is, I complain more about magic because is what is being butchered the most.
Magic is boring bruv.

Paladins aren't boring.
Which 4x is that? All I've seen are tactical or strategic combat games with different autistic level of implementation of tabletop rules. And pure RTS. And one aRPG and these two Space Marine games and some more tactical or MP games.

Considering Lore is revolving around constant war on galactic scale there should have been multiple MoO style 4x games already..

Yosharian

Arcane
Victor complaining about psykers.
Yosharian writing how the game is broken and that Owlcat would fix it in 10 years.
Fedora telling everyone how the game is shit after playing it.
Well, yes ok I am a broken record, I admit it.

It's my coping mechanism for how Owlcat have hurt me deep in my soul over the years

ArchAngel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom