Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I went back to my save at start of Act 4 with this latest patch and while game looks better and plays smoother I immediately ran into bugs and problems and combat is still super easy. Like building projects on multiple planets finishing instantly now, their quests misfiring, descriptions still wrong or messy, rumor and their quest problems and UI issues. Space combat major bugs and UI issues and so on..
Seriously Owlcat.. after 6+ months game still feels like a beta..

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Melee in this game is great. You can charge into a group of enemies, knock someone down and proceed to cleave multiple enemies.
And turn on defensive posture to counter anyone stupid enough to try hitting you.

Yes, even I was getting much more fun in melee than with psyker powers and end up using far more melee in this game. This game and Dark Souls 2 DLCs + Elden Ring DLC are the unique games who made me play far more in melee. But in case of this game, is due the Sawyerism/4e-ism. In Elden Ring DLC, is because bosses are too fast, unpredictable and trying to cast anything is asking to be hit and Dark Moon Greatsword is so cool.

Honestly, after playing this game for 15 minutes yesterday, I decided to re play Dragon Age Origins. Seeing biomancer capped of all of its cool stuff made me want to play as a blood mage in Origins.

Again, imagine that you are a huge Paladin fan and they launched a game, where Paladins can only turn undead and cure wounds. Can't smite and do other Paladin stuff. That is how I see biomancers in this game.
So basically 3.5 DnD?

Nope. Paladins get smite evil at lv 1 in 3e.

I don't think that a biomancer in lv 1 should get something like :

Well, yes ok I am a broken record, I admit it.

It's my coping mechanism for how Owlcat have hurt me deep in my soul over the years

In therms of bugs, I only had my run destroyed in Kingmaker. Played till Pitax and the game bugged. Wrath, I finished my first run no problem.

This game, I gave away cuz was not fun to play. Not due bugs.

I don't get people who complain about bugs in OwlCat games.

I never experienced much bugs TBH.

CRPG bro commenting on the patch. At 1:40 - He tested pyro and was astonished about how bad it was.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Well, yes ok I am a broken record, I admit it.

It's my coping mechanism for how Owlcat have hurt me deep in my soul over the years

In therms of bugs, I only had my run destroyed in Kingmaker. Played till Pitax and the game bugged. Wrath, I finished my first run no problem.

This game, I gave away cuz was not fun to play. Not due bugs.

I don't get people who complain about bugs in OwlCat games.

I never experienced much bugs TBH.
I'm not really referring to bugs though. Bugs are just what you expect with games like this.

My principal problems with Owlcat are a) they take too long to iron out a game to the point where it's more or less a finished product with only minimal bugs left to fix (they still aren't done with Wrath, JFC), and b) they constantly sabotage their own games with shitty minigames and badly-written characters (there are other issues but those are the main ones).

The reason that it hurts is that there is so much potential with every game they make. There is a masterpiece in every Owlcat game desperately trying to break free from the terrible mistakes that have been made with it.

Maybe in the next game they'll actually start taking on board some criticisms... see there I go again with the boundless optimism...

Stoned Ape

Savant
I'm not really referring to bugs though. Bugs are just what you expect with games like this.

My principal problems with Owlcat are a) they take too long to iron out a game to the point where it's more or less a finished product with only minimal bugs left to fix (they still aren't done with Wrath, JFC), and b) they constantly sabotage their own games with shitty minigames and badly-written characters (there are other issues but those are the main ones).

The reason that it hurts is that there is so much potential with every game they make. There is a masterpiece in every Owlcat game desperately trying to break free from the terrible mistakes that have been made with it.

Maybe in the next game they'll actually start taking on board some criticisms... see there I go again with the boundless optimism...
I think the space combat in RT is a big step forward compared to the Pathfinder minigames. In it's current state it's not amazing, but it does offer a nice change of pace to the flow of the game and with a bit more polish it could be genuinely good.

I totally agree with the remainder of your post.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
b) they constantly sabotage their own games with shitty minigames and badly-written characters (there are other issues but those are the main ones).
I think the space combat in RT is a big step forward compared to the Pathfinder minigames. In it's current state it's not amazing, but it does offer a nice change of pace to the flow of the game and with a bit more polish it could be genuinely good.

I also din't found the space minigame bad. I mean, sure, is not great like UnderRail naval battles, but is not bad either.

My problems with stuff like Kingdom management is that is too dissociated from gameplay. In NwN2, you built a Wizard tower and you can enter there and interact with the Wizard there. In Kingmaker, you create lots of stuff that don't exist outside of Kingdom management window. Same with Crusade in Wrath, very few stuff are integrated in the main game.

In this game, I didn't found the voidship dissociated from the gameplay.

ArchAngel

Arcane
b) they constantly sabotage their own games with shitty minigames and badly-written characters (there are other issues but those are the main ones).

I also din't found the space minigame bad. I mean, sure, is not great like UnderRail naval battles, but is not bad either.

My problems with stuff like Kingdom management is that is too dissociated from gameplay. In NwN2, you built a Wizard tower and you can enter there and interact with the Wizard there. In Kingmaker, you create lots of stuff that don't exist outside of Kingdom management window. Same with Crusade in Wrath, very few stuff are integrated in the main game.

In this game, I didn't found the voidship dissociated from the gameplay.
Yes but all the planet management is even less connected with main game. They should have cut planet management to just crisis solving and expanded upon ship management instead with adding crews, need to upkeep numbers, supplies, fuel and such.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I usually just happened on one of my planets. Now it is happening on most.. also it should have been fixed by now.

BTW, it is not a bug. Project Build speed is reduced by colony stat so at 10 Complacency it is -100% to building time.

Also, Colony Management has a one huge pro comparing to Pathfinders mini-games - it gives a ton of perma-buffs to stats and skills, with half of them being party-wide, on top of assortment of unique items.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The incompetence of Owlcat is amazing, Larian stands alone.
Nope. They are super competent /sarcasm

> OwlCat said that fixed Pyromancy in the game(the rest of psyker abilities are still trash).
> The very first pyro staff that I found > 0~0 damage

V1RAiJl.png

Now spoiler of what will happen :
People would be very butthurt about I pointing out but if this mistake was in a Melta weapon, they would be furious

PS : I liked both, kingmaker and wrath more than BG3 but liked BG3 more than this game... At least in BG3 when I dominate someone, that person is dominated, in Rogue Trader, that person just wastes its movement points, exactly like 4e.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I usually just happened on one of my planets. Now it is happening on most.. also it should have been fixed by now.

BTW, it is not a bug. Project Build speed is reduced by colony stat so at 10 Complacency it is -100% to building time.

Also, Colony Management has a one huge pro comparing to Pathfinders mini-games - it gives a ton of perma-buffs to stats and skills, with half of them being party-wide, on top of assortment of unique items.
Then it is beyond terrible design.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, 50% makes more sense...
Also all the bonuses you get from the colonies management is not that great, they don't really make much difference, exept the bonuses to your convictions.

I wish the colony management was a bit more developed.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway, re installed, gave another chance to the game and I was wrong. Sorry for talking about psykers but I bitched a lot about it and must retirate my mistake. I said that psykers are trash, sure, they start teh game as trash but after playing a couple of hours, Molten Beam is doing a similar damage to Pasqal Melta gun with PR = 2. My very first cast :

M5o30DE.png

As for biomancy cool blood stuff, is in "passive" effects, if you have biomancy and pyromancy you can cast this Molten Beam, dealing a similar damage to a Melta gun, also ignite and poison the enemy at the same time. And with certain talents, your DoTs(damage over time) can crit

I was wrong when I bitched about psykers being suboptimal. Sure, they could be better(blood boil, siphon life and bio lightning could be in game), I still think that starting with higher PR and having less +PR items would be better but I was wrong about the patch and should have played more before sperging about it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why don't you use Idira @Cryomancer, she was king of dmg output as unsactioned.

I want to play as my self insert psyker, also, having too much psykers in your party is asking for veil degradation mainly unsanctioned ones. Major powers like Molten Beam causes 3 points of veil degradation. 5 casts of Molten Beam and the veil degradation reaches 15, meaning the risk of any peril of the warp being triggered is quadrupled. With a PR = 3, that is a about a third chance of triggering phenomenons. And with PR = 6(maximum allowed in P&P), that is roughly 50%.

Is better to have one psyker per party at most. Maybe two if both are sanctioned and one is a "hybrid" that will engage more in melee and only use it for emergency heal and some buffs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom