Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

His Dudeness

Augur
They need to improve categorization and search feature of talents when leveling up. Too many options, very poorly organized.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, they definitely need to take another look at the talents. I think some of them are accessible from the get-go when they should be locked behind something. Also I think the Grenadier talent is supposed to be Soldier only, yet I can pick it on my Operatives too.

Can you imagine picking Grenadier on your Operative and it not working? That'd be hilarious.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I wish we had more than 2 slots for weapons. Little trick I learned is that you can put two one hand weapons in both slots for one weapon slot with no penalty for doing so. You cannot attack with both but you can use either without needing to switch.

You can learn a talent that enables you to fight with both weapons at the same time. "dual weapon combat" I don't know if it works though.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
30 hours in and can't find a single special bolt gun, whether it be pistol or two handed.

What the heck are you doing Owlcat? It's the most iconic weapon in the universe, give it some love.

There is a very good heavy bolter at the end of act 1
(after the battle wist CSM)
, but it's heretical only.

You can also get one from the Priests on Footfall, I'm not sure if that is also heretical though.

Shaja

Educated
If there is a door locked and you fail on Tech:Use. Just keep insisting clicking on Tech and will eventually accept you´re freaking annoying so will finnally open.
What actually happens is that game tries to open it with each character that has not failed yet. After that you need to use those limited resources to try again.
Yeah that´s supposed to work like that. But after doing all party members tries, i kept clicking on Tech until it unlocked.

Must be a glitch, but a very nice glitch.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wish we had more than 2 slots for weapons. Little trick I learned is that you can put two one hand weapons in both slots for one weapon slot with no penalty for doing so. You cannot attack with both but you can use either without needing to switch.

You can learn a talent that enables you to fight with both weapons at the same time. "dual weapon combat" I don't know if it works though.
I know but it does not seem useful since it also makes second attack cost +1 AP. So you can burst and then do single attack while single attack sucks due to -20 accuracy. Better to use perks like Run and Gun to get that second attack.
What that extra slot is actually useful is to get a melee weapon and a pistol in same slot. Now you can do AoO or pew pew depending on situation. I still want more than two weapon slots. For example I want Argenta to have Bolter, pistol (or melee) and flamer or shotgun. I can only get 2 out of those..

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, they definitely need to take another look at the talents. I think some of them are accessible from the get-go when they should be locked behind something. Also I think the Grenadier talent is supposed to be Soldier only, yet I can pick it on my Operatives too.

Can you imagine picking Grenadier on your Operative and it not working? That'd be hilarious.
All my front line and part front line have Grenadier, that shit is OP as long as you got enough grenades :D
And Exploit + grenades works great :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Inquisitor dude seems tanky enough to replace Abelard. Did anyone do that?
I will need extra character slot to put in SM dude once I get him.
Also Abelard is Iconoclast, not Dogmatic and does not fit Dogmatic only squad :D

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sitting here waiting for patches for both Colony Ship and Rogue Trader before beginning first playthrough on both games.

Hurry up dem patches, niggas
Colony Ship is perfectly playable. There is no reason to wait for patches.
I mean I know but, next patch is like what.. 4 days away, why not wait at this point, ive been waiting 7 years already.
I am in no rush, i got corona atm, and alot of irl shit to do anyway so

notpl

Arbiter
I keep reading that Argenta is op, that she can mower groups asap. Yet for some reason she completely suck, and not in a good way, in my group, she can't hit for shit...

It entirely depends on difficulty. On Daring (easy) and below enemies have such pitiful dodge/cover does basically nothing so she can unload a low accuracy burst and hit everything in an aoe. On higher difficulties that same burst will do nothing.

Shaki

Arbiter
Btw. I broke the balance completely while still on lvl ~15 and barely finished 1st chapter.

Heinrix stacking resolve on everyone

Pasqal pamming analyse enemies + tactical knowledge + shooting a plasma weapon with all unqiue plasma/melta talents from Pasqual picked (+balistic skill, dodge reduction, damage, but mostly importantly infinitely stacking damage buff on every shot and -AP cost for plasma/melta)

Any officer using bring it down on Pasqual every time. Good to have to talent that gives officer free turn at the beginning of combat for one extra turn.

At like turn 3, you get fully filled momentum, everyone has like +40-50% armor from tactical knowledge, Pasqual stacked to the point when he does like 50-60dmg on AoE even with dogshit plasma pistol - then you use officer one more time, with bring it down on Pasqal, then heroic act giving free turn with full AP/MP and no attack limit + the upagrade refunding AP/MP on kills - Result is that Pascal shoots like 10 AOE shots in a row, at the end reaching like ~100 dmg for each aoe from stacking, and basically solo clears the whole encounter, no matter what it is.

I think I'm going to respec and stop using tactical knowledge at all, it completely trivializes the game.

Shaki

Arbiter
Nope. You will gonna need to stack buffs and debuffs in later chapters. Mainly ch 3
I mean, at this level the same tactic will be stacking 5x higher, I doubt enemies in ch3 will be able to survive 10x 300dmg plasma blasts in a row or get through 200% stacked armour, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised

Harthwain

Magister
BTW if anyone is trying to play damage Psykers, it seems Run and Gun lets you cast two spells per turn..
I am going for a melee Forge World Sanctic Psyker. I was thinking about doing Death World Biomancer Psyker, but I wanted to be buddy-buddy with Techpriests and do persuasion skill checks with INT, instead of FEL. It will also give me some bonuses when wearing cool heavy armour. The only thing that worries me a bit is dealing with damage while being in melee (Biomancer can heal a lot), but we shall see how it goes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW if anyone is trying to play damage Psykers, it seems Run and Gun lets you cast two spells per turn..
I am going for a melee Forge World Sanctic Psyker. I was thinking about doing Death World Biomancer Psyker, but I wanted to be buddy-buddy with Techpriests and do persuasion skill checks with INT, instead of FEL. It will also give me some bonuses when wearing cool heavy armour. The only thing that worries me a bit is dealing with damage while being in melee (Biomancer can heal a lot), but we shall see how it goes.
You deal with damage like every other melee, get one level of Medicae and use heal kits in combat. They are rare until mid into act1 but you can mostly depend on them after that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nope. You will gonna need to stack buffs and debuffs in later chapters. Mainly ch 3
I mean, at this level the same tactic will be stacking 5x higher, I doubt enemies in ch3 will be able to survive 10x 300dmg plasma blasts in a row or get through 200% stacked armour, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised
It seems some of those talents are more to blame. I use Pascal as melee and bonus armor helps him survive as he does not have Endure.
He feels useful and balanced that way.

Given his peculiar ability to use two two-handed weapons AT THE SAME TIME without any need to swap, I use Pasqal as a sniper who can smash your face with a giant axe if you dare to come up-close in melee.

Last edited:

Shaki

Arbiter
Btw. I broke the balance completely while still on lvl ~15 and barely finished 1st chapter.

Heinrix stacking resolve on everyone

Pasqal pamming analyse enemies + tactical knowledge + shooting a plasma weapon with all unqiue plasma/melta talents from Pasqual picked (+balistic skill, dodge reduction, damage, but mostly importantly infinitely stacking damage buff on every shot and -AP cost for plasma/melta)

Any officer using bring it down on Pasqual every time. Good to have to talent that gives officer free turn at the beginning of combat for one extra turn.

At like turn 3, you get fully filled momentum, everyone has like +40-50% armor from tactical knowledge, Pasqual stacked to the point when he does like 50-60dmg on AoE even with dogshit plasma pistol - then you use officer one more time, with bring it down on Pasqal, then heroic act giving free turn with full AP/MP and no attack limit + the upagrade refunding AP/MP on kills - Result is that Pascal shoots like 10 AOE shots in a row, at the end reaching like ~100 dmg for each aoe from stacking, and basically solo clears the whole encounter, no matter what it is.

I think I'm going to respec and stop using tactical knowledge at all, it completely trivializes the game.
Another thing I just realized - Pasqals talent gives +1AP after shooting plasma/melta weapons + Officer's heroic act giving unlimited number of attacks per turn - if you use 1AP plasma/melta attack instead of AOE, you can do nearly infinite attacks, only reloads will eat your AP. Pasqual is truly OP.

Terenty

Liturgist
And I'm still bitter about not being able to play few Russian Baldur's Gates - that were never finished and never released:
1.jpg

It could have been complete shit - alas I'll never know.
Have you played Konung? Looks very similar

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sitting here waiting for patches for both Colony Ship and Rogue Trader before beginning first playthrough on both games.

Hurry up dem patches, niggas
What's problem with Colony Ship?
No problem, I just want the "full" experience as possible, so waiting nearby patches seemed like the right choice before going in for the first impression.

Herumor

Scholar
Does anyone know which planet/system we're looking for when doing Idira's quest "The Door"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom