Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

std::namespace

is this game actually better than kingmaker? that was just unplayable
without the tiniest fucking doubt, much better than cuckmaker, in every aspect
play on unfair
wait a month till they fix the story bugs

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
about act 3 companions...
is there some specific point where I get to reunite with heinrix and cassia? I already done all the arena fights and now i'm in the spire and wonder if I missed them or something, still stuck with 5 man party T_T
They should be in the anatomical opera, imprisoned in some pods or whatnot that you have to open to free them.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Owlcat Owlbug has outdone itself this time. Long story short, I now have two Ulfars.

v57sXX2.jpg

makes sense powerwise he is pretty much half a character

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Got to fottfall, introduce me as Fidelio and so people tried to kill me with:

Poison , Fire and explosions .. Gawd dawn

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not sure how shields in space combat work.. or enemies do much more damage so my shields seem pathetic.
So far I am forced to skip some space fights on Hard but only way to buy better equipment for the ship and level it up is to win fights?!?

jf8350143

Liturgist
Good news everyone. The hotfix did jackshit. My act 4 is still bugged and no cut scene is playing.

Shaki

Arbiter
Found another hilariously broken bug, Fighter's "crowd kill" talent works with pistol bursts, so my Arch-militant Abelard now shoots 3 pistol bursts per turn for like 500+ dmg each

Shaki

Arbiter
Found another hilariously broken bug, Fighter's "crowd kill" talent works with pistol bursts, so my Arch-militant Abelard now shoots 3 pistol bursts per turn for like 500+ dmg each
Btw that talent says "area attacks", doesnt specify it's only melee, so even if they fix bursts working with it, I wonder if it's actually intended to be able to abuse this shit with flamer or some shit.

Harthwain

Magister
You might want to use a shotgun then.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Man, this game is literaly unplayable when you got to Footfall. 7 crashes , 2 out of them MID FIGHT. I was about to win, decided to save to prevent a crash, boom crash.

Fuck man. Worst part is that the fight is super fun. I might have to drop the game until they fix this shit..

Harthwain

Magister
Shotgun are busted. Blasting a group of enemies then charging the rest is omega fun as Arch Militant warrior
And sniper rifles. I am running a Comissar Operative (whom I plan to turn into Bounty Hunter later on) and he can one-shot-kill most enemies with a sniper rifle in Act 1 so far. On top of that his Precise Attack effectively means all enemies are standing out in the open field, because that's how good it is at reducing the bonus from cover.

Shaki

Arbiter
So should I wait another week, or 6 more months?
until they remove the loading screens from warp travel...

jeesus christ!

-edit-

also, autowin spacekombat... i aint playing this garbage
Tbh I actually like the spacecombat, it's 100x better than Kingmaker/Wotr systems. But they should add more information to it, it's basically a puzzle game so I need to know what weapons enemy has, what range they are, how much movement they have, etc. It would be really enjoyable if they added that.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
CRPG Bro with his Argenta sniper strat again, this time explained in-depth. He's completely broken the game lol. I always find this sort of thing partly amusing and partly depressing:-

I actually like the spacecombat
its too repetitive and too shitty of a ui to tolerate on unfair

as far as i see it, its about movement and countermovment to enemy ships cause its very constraint and weapon arcs depend on facing
(and here the ui makes it literally unplayable, i cant tell where the arcs are after move, devs were too dumb to implement a ghost visualization...)
(its also buggy cause the ship doesnt rotate right, as far as i can tell, and this is also unplayable if one move/shot decides fights)

its too repetitive, you have a single ship, not enough abilities, all of them are obvious to use
it boils down to the decision: do a turn left or right, to catch the enemy and not get caught yourself - which is a guess if you cant meta the ai

this works against humans, not as an interrupting minigame in an rpg

where is the heretic quest progression in ch2? also where is the most fun part and the difficulty progression?
janus
kiava
dragon
?

Shaki

Arbiter
CRPG Bro with his Argenta sniper strat again, this time explained in-depth. He's completely broken the game lol. I always find this sort of thing partly amusing and partly depressing:-

I just looked at first 30 seconds, but it looks like exactly what I was doing with Pasqal before I got bored with the strat, stack a lot of damage, use heroic ability of officer with +AP on kills improvement, and get like 15 shots in a turn cleaning whole encounter. I just used plasma pistol AOE instead of sniper rifle.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

W40K: ROGUE TRADER - The BEST STRATEGY to KILL ALL ENEMIES in 1 TURN/Get OP EARLY - Even on UNFAIR!​

these fucking titles

break the game with officer and stacking dmg how surprising

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom