Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Lamiosa

Educated
The problem with Ulfar and basically everything else in this game is that Owlcat didn't adapt the rules set, they just made up their own fucking shit that vaguely looks like it but goes way higher, and then plugged the numbers from the original game into it.

I've never played the pnp, but any ideas why owlcat didn't just use the original system and then just scale the numbers up?

That would've made sense, this weird pseudo-pnp inspired whatever system doesn't.
I remember an interview where a dev said the pnp was not scalable for a game this size, progression wise.

Trithne

Erudite
The problem with Ulfar and basically everything else in this game is that Owlcat didn't adapt the rules set, they just made up their own fucking shit that vaguely looks like it but goes way higher, and then plugged the numbers from the original game into it.

I've never played the pnp, but any ideas why owlcat didn't just use the original system and then just scale the numbers up?

That would've made sense, this weird pseudo-pnp inspired whatever system doesn't.
I remember an interview where a dev said the pnp was not scalable for a game this size, progression wise.
Essentially you can't grow infinitely over a bloated 100+ hour 5 act dog and pony show, so it won't hold the attention of people who need a constant stream of LEVEL UP and magical powers to hold their attention.

REhorror

Educated
Currently playing Act 2, man, they can make an entire game about the planet exploration + space combat + colony management.
The characters are fun and ground combat is addictive, but I wouldn't mind JUST about warping in-out and manage planet.

user

Savant
Who said that ch3 is bug free? At some point the game just broke, and sometimes skills had cooldowns, other times they didn't. I didn't know what was going on anymore. Afterwards I got this:

Ai2eiE6.png

I do like ch3 so far though!
rating_lulz.gif

Rhobar121

Scholar
I think I found another talent that doesn't work, Blazing Inferno. Too bad I had an idea for a compilation stacking sick amounts of crit.
To make it more fun, it worked before the patch, now it doesn't appear in the log at all.

Also, the latest update broke Pascal, now sometimes instead of attacking he provokes a opportunity attack and then runs and runs in place until you load the game.

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
Technically Ulfar is better than Argenta, if you can level him up from level 4 like you did with Argenta.

Also he can't use most of the equipment and space marine equipments are all locked behind factions and late game quests.

REhorror

Educated
Technically Ulfar is better than Argenta, if you can level him up from level 4 like you did with Argenta.

Also he can't use most of the equipment and space marine equipments are all locked behind factions and late game quests.
Kind of a damn shame but it's one game where a SoB outshines a Muhreen.

I'll take it, SoB are good models.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
The last update actually fixed all the crashes in Footfall. My game is running smoothly now. Good shit

jf8350143

Liturgist
So they still haven't fix the single target attack bug.

And the eldar quests seems to be still bugged.

Herumor

Scholar
Just finished Commoragh again on my heresy run and I have to note that there's a real lack of reactivity from my companions about all the Warp shenanigans I pull.

No one fucking bats an eye when I just ritually sacrifice a gang of humans and a daemon pops up to give me my next set of instructions.

user

Savant
Now, this is what I was talking about. I am not familiar with warhammer lore in general, but you see a helpless abomination and this choice comes up. Wouldn't this be something a kindergarten kid would say?

fdP6vOH.png

REhorror

Educated
Now, this is what I was talking about. I am not familiar with warhammer lore in general, but you see a helpless abomination and this choice comes up. Wouldn't this be something a kindergarten kid would say?

fdP6vOH.png
You are a choosing the Heretic option, so no not kindergarten, but murderous anarchist.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Just finished Commoragh again on my heresy run and I have to note that there's a real lack of reactivity from my companions about all the Warp shenanigans I pull.

No one fucking bats an eye when I just ritually sacrifice a gang of humans and a daemon pops up to give me my next set of instructions.

Given that it's all text, I do feel they could have a ton more reactivity than they do. I wouldn't say it's devoid of it, but there could be more. Like, for instance, I had Heinrix with me in Act 2 when I picked up Yrliet, and there was some satisfying reactivity from him at the pickup point, but I felt there could have been quite a bit more wrt some of the things she was saying, and particularly towards the culmination of that quest (where you meet Yrliet's fellow xenos).

Incendax

Augur

Given that it's all text, I do feel they could have a ton more reactivity than they do. I wouldn't say it's devoid of it, but there could be more. Like, for instance, I had Heinrix with me in Act 2 when I picked up Yrliet, and there was some satisfying reactivity from him at the pickup point, but I felt there could have been quite a bit more wrt some of the things she was saying, and particularly towards the culmination of that quest (where you meet Yrliet's fellow xenos).
Same. I went in alone to talk to the govenor and let her stay in office to ship tainted grain. Nobody said anything about it until I talked to Yrliet in private on the ship.

I know Heinrix objects if he was present at the meeting, but nobody asks what happened when you go alone.

Incendax

Augur
Goku could beat Superman if he went Super Saiyan 3 okay

The real problem is that the character system doesn't represent Space Marines well. Just like Eldar. They should have had unique mechanics.
He shouldn't be playable, exactly. There should be a "support" option where you bring in a big NPC for major fights.

Then you can pick Space Marine, Tank, Daemon, or some other BIG unit you have allied with in your story.

Sunri

Liturgist

The real problem is that the character system doesn't represent Space Marines well. Just like Eldar. They should have had unique mechanics.
He shouldn't be playable, exactly. There should be a "support" option where you bring in a big NPC for major fights.

Then you can pick Space Marine, Tank, Daemon, or some other BIG unit you have allied with in your story.
And then they would shoot you in the back with full auto

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

And then they would shoot you in the back with full auto
Maybe they should be a playable summon that costs PF instead.

Reinhardt

Arcane
spoilers

question about janus for heretics:
i want to fight the vyatt figth for the loot, its nothing great, mostly for the +15 fellowship cape, +20 warplore book and 10 persuation ring.
does killing her hurt chaos if i pick the corrupted supplies for +15 heresy later anyway?
technically, out of larp reaons, i want to make her admit she is corrupted, and [heresy] force her to supply me.
but i also want to take over this world... and get the loot
BOCt9GG.png
as always - heretics are cucks. "boohoo! i can't decide! daddy kayos halp! me turned to ebul to do wat i want! b-b-but i dunno wat i want! wat if i lose something?!"

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Who said that ch3 is bug free? At some point the game just broke, and sometimes skills had cooldowns, other times they didn't. I didn't know what was going on anymore. Afterwards I got this:

Ai2eiE6.png

I do like ch3 so far though!
rating_lulz.gif

LoL, this is like Kingmaker all over again. I had 4 Amiri's back then in act 1 and one of them was in the party slot for MC :lol:

Really liking the game. Moving down them cultists, putting peasant to their place, executing heretics. We finally got a really nice 40 K RPG, didn't think that was possible in my life time. Game has really good amount of 40K lore dumps, even someone that haven't got any knowladge about 40K can learn a lot from this game.

main-qimg-92cd6f87855b677dd52cbcdc28dfd413-lq

warhammer-40k-sisters-of-battle-adepta-sororitas-2nd-edition-codex-cover.jpg

Hmmm, by the way, what difficulties are you all playing on and how is it? A question to everyone

Playing on daring, and been pretty fun up until Ch3 boss starts shitting waves of reinforcements for no reason. Also dropped to normal for that Nurgle boss that takes forever to beat after it bugged out for the third time.

And speaking of bugs, how does all quest triggers breaking at the start of Ch 4 make it through qc lol. Pretty piss-poor.

Fun game otherwise.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
Would be nice to get a game you don't have to wait 4 years of patching for.
True. But if I have the choice between this, and a polished turd like mass effect, I vastly prefer this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom