Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
OWLCAT will you fix the fucking Seize the Initiative bug already. I want to get on to Act 3 so I can face even worse bugs.
this shit still not fixed? :lol:
it has been mentioned to be fixed in 2 different patch notes

are you officer + grand strategist? maybe that causes problems if u got 2 free turns

Lemming42

Arcane
I am - I think it's caused by having two people with the ability in the party at once (my MC plus the Navigator).

It's a game within a game at least, a real lateral thinking puzzle - can I finish the battle with only having one person able to take turns, who also can't attack, but can give turns to other people in which they don't get movement points? It's like chess.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
punished for skipping move move move, great ability
if u have that then should be np to position allies

Lemming42

Arcane
While in the glitched state, you can infinitely skip turns to fill the heroism meter or w/e it's called btw. My MC's heroism ability is to give someone else a full turn, which is helpful, and the melee dude's heroism ability gives him movement points, which is sometimes the only thing that prevents a softlock. I daresay that trying to play while glitched is actually more fun and engaging than the game's actual combat.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Is Ulfar like the worst character in the game? stat/buildwise

He is a solider+arch militant, that make him the second best damage dealer companion, right behind argenta. And they are pretty much interchangeable.

The problem is you only need to have one of them, and argenta is better. He is much tankier than Argenta, so there is that.

That line in yellow alone tells you this is a joke of a representation of 40K. They are literal genetically engineered super soldiers. Multiple redundant organs, superhuman in every way, more like superheroes than men. With the blood of the Emperor in their veins. He is "second best" to the white haired Emperor groupie slut? Puh-leez. In 40K lore a Space Marine could skull fuck an Adeptus Sororitas "Battle Sister" with his hands tied behind his back, while blinded and missing legs. There is -no- comparison between them in a martial sense.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter

He is a solider+arch militant, that make him the second best damage dealer companion, right behind argenta. And they are pretty much interchangeable.

The problem is you only need to have one of them, and argenta is better. He is much tankier than Argenta, so there is that.

That line in yellow alone tells you this is a joke of a representation of 40K. They are literal genetically engineered super soldiers. Multiple redundant organs, superhuman in every way, more like superheroes than men. With the blood of the Emperor in their veins. He is "second best" to the white haired Emperor groupie slut? Puh-leez. In 40K lore a Space Marine could skull fuck an Adeptus Sororitas "Battle Sister" with his hands tied behind his back, while blinded and missing limbs. There is -no- comparison between them in a martial sense.
I'm so sick of hearing warhammer retards talk about how much they want to fuck space marines.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Goku could beat Superman if he went Super Saiyan 3 okay

The real problem is that the character system doesn't represent Space Marines well. Just like Eldar. They should have had unique mechanics.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm so sick of hearing warhammer retards talk about how much they want to fuck space marines.

Take your homo-erotic faggotry to the BG3 thread. That you got 'fuck space marines' from them being portrayed as hyper efficient killing machines speaks volumes about -you-. Back to reddit with you...

GloomFrost

Arcane
Damn Act 4 got more bugs then the Tyranid Hive Fleet... "BA DUM TSS :-D ". Will probably wait for more patches before progressing any further. Yet nonetheless still the best RPG 2023 and one of the best ones in years. Amazing atmosphere, writing, companions. 40K setting is absolutely nailed. Well done Owlacats you are the last hope of proper big isometric RPGs and thank you for such an amazing Christmas gift this year . :salute::salute:

notpl

Arbiter
Damn Act 4 got more bugs then the Tyranid Hive Fleet... "BA DUM TSS :-D ". Will probably wait for more patches before progressing any further. Yet nonetheless still the best RPG 2023 and one of the best ones in years. Amazing atmosphere, writing, companions. 40K setting is absolutely nailed. Well done Owlacats you are the last hope of proper big isometric RPGs and thank you for such an amazing Christmas gift this year . :salute::salute:
Next year*

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
That line in yellow alone tells you this is a joke of a representation of 40K....

It's all in the name of balance, which is pretty stupid considering all the other ways this game is unbalanced as hell.

Yoomazir

Educated
Fucking broke ass game, I can't complete Jae's Mercatum Tabula Officiale quest, the Master of Seals have no new lines even after the whole waiting sequence. Suck a lemon, Owlcat!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Best one since their last one.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fucking broke ass game, I can't complete Jae's Mercatum Tabula Officiale quest, the Master of Seals have no new lines even after the whole waiting sequence. Suck a lemon, Owlcat!
Shoot at the crowd and that will progress it

I did the second arena fight and now I can't talk about freeing Ulfar... I guess I fucked up?
If you can find more monster parts you can still freeing him. Just don't give the monster parts for free, ask for reward and pick the I want your space marine choice.
In my game I got Ulfar for free after convincing terianias that he doesn't have the time or space to take Ulfar since he has to run from the Wychs after getting Mazhrai killed in the arena. might have to be cooperative with him and not insult or be standoffish in earlier dialogue.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

That line in yellow alone tells you this is a joke of a representation of 40K. They are literal genetically engineered super soldiers. Multiple redundant organs, superhuman in every way, more like superheroes than men. With the blood of the Emperor in their veins. He is "second best" to the white haired Emperor groupie slut? Puh-leez. In 40K lore a Space Marine could skull fuck an Adeptus Sororitas "Battle Sister" with his hands tied behind his back, while blinded and missing limbs. There is -no- comparison between them in a martial sense.
You don't have to want to fuck Space Marines to find the current arrangement ridiculous. Space Marines are, for the most part and with few exceptions, the most brutal and efficient fighters in the Imperium.

I remember asking about this months ago, maybe over a year ago, on the Codex -- namely, how are they going to balance having Astartes in a party? Sounds like they solved the problem by just making him shitty. Which, uhh, is one way to do it.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Been playing this. Reached Chapter 2 before I hit the infinite seize the initiative bug and shelved it for some patches. It's fun, I really like the writing, the atmosphere, the characters (other than the rogue psyker, but sister Argenta did her duty when it came up).

The mechanics I'm less a fan of. I kinda accidentally broke the game in half simply by taking synergistic talents and everything that gives extra turns, and now Cassia wipes almost everything encountered before they even half a chance to act. In the fight with the
Chaos Space Marine, half my squad got wiped when he charged, and then she soloed him and his adds with my Officer Rogue Trader cheering her on.
And Sister Argenta is no slouch either, or Pasqal against armored opponents. Poor Abelard and Heinrix practically never get a chance to swing their swords, and facerolling through everything is slowly losing its charm

std::namespace

spoilers

question about janus for heretics:
i want to fight the vyatt figth for the loot, its nothing great, mostly for the +15 fellowship cape, +20 warplore book and 10 persuation ring.
does killing her hurt chaos if i pick the corrupted supplies for +15 heresy later anyway?
technically, out of larp reaons, i want to make her admit she is corrupted, and [heresy] force her to supply me.
but i also want to take over this world... and get the loot
BOCt9GG.png

Trithne

Erudite
The problem with Ulfar and basically everything else in this game is that Owlcat didn't adapt the rules set, they just made up their own fucking shit that vaguely looks like it but goes way higher, and then plugged the numbers from the original game into it.

Rws59kj.jpeg

This is the profile of a Space Marine in DH2e, one of the sister games to Rogue Trader.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The problem with Ulfar and basically everything else in this game is that Owlcat didn't adapt the rules set, they just made up their own fucking shit that vaguely looks like it but goes way higher, and then plugged the numbers from the original game into it.

I've never played the pnp, but any ideas why owlcat didn't just use the original system and then just scale the numbers up?

That would've made sense, this weird pseudo-pnp inspired whatever system doesn't.

ArchAngel

Arcane

You don't have to want to fuck Space Marines to find the current arrangement ridiculous. Space Marines are, for the most part and with few exceptions, the most brutal and efficient fighters in the Imperium.

I remember asking about this months ago, maybe over a year ago, on the Codex -- namely, how are they going to balance having Astartes in a party? Sounds like they solved the problem by just making him shitty. Which, uhh, is one way to do it.
He does not seem shitty, he can do same like argenta who is best damage dealer but he can do it better due to having even better stats and I can assume he also has some unique talents and I hope access to his Astartes armor.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I've never played the pnp, but any ideas why owlcat didn't just use the original system and then just scale the numbers up?

That would've made sense, this weird pseudo-pnp inspired whatever system doesn't.
I think they said it is too simple. After WotR it would look like a phone game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom