Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

user

Savant
I accepted Abelards fate since I am a heretic, and my supreme powers of autism allowed me to beat the Commissar on unfair with my mc and an unarmed Yrliet. Now I got to the flesh doc, and he is building an entity with the body parts, so I will be very disappointed if I can't replace Abelard with this thing

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally got my first (non heretic) Heavy Bolter yesterday and grabbed Heavy Weapon prof for Argenta and gave it to her. I do not even have -1 AP cost when using heavy weapons but she does not need it. She has mulitiple abilities that either make it cost less AP or 0 AP. After she gets first Heroic she has 4 attacks per turn without officers giving her more actions (which is busted as it refreshes some of her abilities that give her extra attacks..)
She starts combat using some cool new Bolter she got on Footfall from some Mutants and very soon after that she can use heavy bolter for 2 AP and then 1 AP and then 0 AP :D
And that thing starts clearing everything. I grabbed talent that lets her use two handed weapons in melee range so I do not need to waste more time on weak one handed weapons :)

I gave her a lasgun sniper since my other members are mostly close ranged combatants. Now with my officers support, she kills %75 of enemies even before they act. Another funny thing is I missed "%95 to hit chance shots" with her more than any X-Com game :lol:

Her other weapon is a heavy flamer, for shits and gigles.

If by 75% you mean all the 15 health rabble then sure. My Argenta now clears lines of 100+ HP enemies with one Heavy Bolter attack...
And I remember how I shit on her on low levels as being the least useful party member :D
Argenta is the true Wizard of this game.

Also Holy Bolts items makes your single target Bolter attacks have 100% hit chance.
Yea missing 95% shots with sniper is irritating, my Operative sniper main does that all the time :(

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nope other %75 are either too far or not in line of sight. She really got high crit chance with lasgun and it pierces through enemies. I love the way they melt from lasgun fire.
This game need some death animations for melee, just like in Dawn of War!

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1703164749617.png

Nobody tested this fight.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nope other %75 are either too far or not in line of sight. She really got high crit chance with lasgun and it pierces through enemies. I love the way they melt from lasgun fire.
This game need some death animations for melee, just like in Dawn of War!
Laser gun's do not have good overpenetration. My sniper Bounty hunter gets 100% overpen from BH ability.

ArchAngel

Arcane
View attachment 44821
Nobody tested this fight.
You can always lower the difficulty to story mode if it is too hard for you :P
"This fight is objectively badly designed."
"jUsT lwoR da DIfFiClt haha"

Eat shit, retard.
Owlcat can't design encounters for shit without relying on gimmicks and breaking the rules of their own game.

View attachment 44822
So I see you won on story difficulty afterall, why are you complaining?

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Hmmm, by the way, what difficulties are you all playing on and how is it? A question to everyone

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Ok now that I played it a lot... the game is a great treat, I love its customization, combat, mechanics (the few that work), ship combat, colonies (could be better but it's still cool you can have colonies).

However it is a shitfest of unfinished content, bugs and things that just don't work. I mostly played a heretic, and much of the writing and choices felt rushed and out of place. At times they felt like those of an edgy teenager, and often the very next choice in the dialogue was completely out of place with what you said before.

The state of the game is even worse than P:K on launch in my experience. But, besides bugs and stuff that doesn't work, which I don't particularly mind and will be fixed eventually, some of the content (or lack thereof) gives off the feeling that they rushed the shit out of it. Owlcat kind of shit the bed with this one - however I still enjoy it more than Horny Glamour 3.
Yea, it seems they went backwards to Kingmaker release quality instead of taking improvements from WotR and going even further.
But Kingmaker got a lot of additions and free overhauls over next 2 years, hopefully RT receives same love.

Hopefully Owlcat_Eyler consider RT a beta release and do plan to polish it to full release status over next year.
Yes, I know, the number of bugs is sad. But we are already fixing them and adjusting our processes

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Hmmm, by the way, what difficulties are you all playing on and how is it? A question to everyone

I've settled on Hard - can't quite faceroll, but fights don't take too tediously long, and you don't have to bump up skills to ridiculous heights in order to avoid regularly failing checks and getting debuff or injury (e.g. demolition).

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Mine is unfair. Just finished the first chapter. I took three or four attempts on CSM but all in all, it was fine. Argenta killed the sniper in her first turn, Cassia debuffed the big guy, some characters controlled the weak mobs, and others kicked him with melee or plasma weapons. I've lost only two characters because of his bolter fire

ArchAngel

Arcane
QA/QC team had 22 people in it huh

8e53OLT.png

fire all of em

Shouldn't the team be like twice that size or something?
No need to fire them but maybe bring a better QA lead, maybe someone with experience working QA on AAA games.
Or maybe their QA is fine and they need more people fixing bugs.
I mean that list of 400 bug fixes 1 week after release was 100% not being worked on for only that 1 week. That was prelease bug fixes as well.

Incendax

Augur
I am playing on Unfair and finding it really difficult, but this is self imposed because I am using NO Officers. I just saw everyone else talking about how powerful officers are and decided to check out the game balance if you never use them.

The main source of difficulty has been "how many of my party die on the first round." If I survive the first round with most of my party alive, my defenses come online and I usually win. If 2-3 party members die on the first round, I usually lose.

Naturally, I can just reload and start further away - trigger the battle with one character and have them run back to the party, but I try to do the battle as intended once or twice first.

user

Savant

Started on hard but changed it to unfair towards ch2 mid because fights were getting too easy.
Not because mob hp and damage are undertuned (they are pretty brutal), but because officers are busted and some buffs snowball and make some pretty OP combinations.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Is Ulfar like the worst character in the game? stat/buildwise
rYIKhaB.png

He is a solider+arch militant, that make him the second best damage dealer companion, right behind argenta. And they are pretty much interchangeable.

The problem is you only need to have one of them, and argenta is better. He is much tankier than Argenta, so there is that.

user

Savant
QA/QC team had 22 people in it huh

8e53OLT.png

fire all of em

Shouldn't the team be like twice that size or something?
No need to fire them but maybe bring a better QA lead, maybe someone with experience working QA on AAA games.
Or maybe their QA is fine and they need more people fixing bugs.
I mean that list of 400 bug fixes 1 week after release was 100% not being worked on for only that 1 week. That was prelease bug fixes as well.

I am willing to bet they did not give them enough time to test it. Last minute development changes, patches upon patches, frantic communication - typical of any software company with an unreasonable release date, especially when it comes to a game which is more complex, coupled and large scale than most kinds of software.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is Ulfar like the worst character in the game? stat/buildwise
rYIKhaB.png

He is a solider+arch militant, that make him the second best damage dealer companion, right behind argenta. And they are pretty much interchangeable.

The problem is you only need to have one of them, and argenta is better. He is much tankier than Argenta, so there is that.
Why do you need only one? Is there only one Heavy Bolter in the game? :D
I see he has high Athletics so he is perfect replacement for Abelard. He can even be melee tank for you instead of Abelard but one that can then switch to Heavy Bolter and dish out a lot of damage.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I did the second arena fight and now I can't talk about freeing Ulfar... I guess I fucked up?
If you can find more monster parts you can still freeing him. Just don't give the monster parts for free, ask for reward and pick the I want your space marine choice.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
How does this game justify having Xenos scum and Imperium/Astartes characters going around adventuring together? Did everybody hold hands and sing Kumbaya? Does the "Rogue Trader" aspect of the game have something to do with it?

jf8350143

Liturgist
I did the second arena fight and now I can't talk about freeing Ulfar... I guess I fucked up?
If you can find more monster parts you can still freeing him. Just don't give the monster parts for free, ask for reward and pick the I want your space marine choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom