Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Sunri

Liturgist
Chapter 3 boss:

Is there any trick with this circus? Yremeryss has 1K HP, deals 170dmg, dodges all the time and regenerates all the time.
i stacked buffs on Cassia and soloed boss with her

Parabalus

Arcane
Does the heretic path provide a good evil mastermind experience later on or is it another psychopath path?
It seems like the Heretic path is tied to the Secret Ending, which you join Chaos on the Side of the Lord of Change. It's something about becoming something of a ''God'' for the people that you Rule over. Also Yrliet, Argenta, Heinrix and Ulfar try to Kill/Leave you , also you gain a few ''Secret companions'' , one is confirmed to be a Chaos Space Marine. I didn't want to get spoiled about everything but this is what i gather so far.

Edit:
It seems Uralon, one of the secret companions , is currently bugged
Any hints as to what variables you need to trigger?
There is a "Secret" ending for each path, and for the Heretic path the difference from the normal ending is minor.

It's also not really secret by Kingmaker and WotR standards.

is this game actually better than kingmaker? that was just unplayable

The writing is better, probably because Games Workshop forced them to cool it with the woke shit, everything else is about the same or worse.
not meaning to quote myself but the reactions to that post - these arent exactly endorsments. also the ui elements and art that i've seen are for shit, just like kingmaker, they look like some shitty trading card game. so i guess this game is just more of the same :|

user

Savant

The writing is better, probably because Games Workshop forced them to cool it with the woke shit, everything else is about the same or worse.
not meaning to quote myself but the reactions to that post - these arent exactly endorsments. also the ui elements and art that i've seen are for shit, just like kingmaker, they look like some shitty trading card game. so i guess this game is just more of the same :|

I like the UI, but the writing can get cringy... heresy has its good moments, but some texts are just...

WWSyzuo.png
(not the worst example, but much of the time, it's chaotic evil teenager vibes)

Shaki

Arbiter
However it is a shitfest of unfinished content, bugs and things that just don't work

surprisedpikachu.jpg

But this is their 3rd game, surely they would've improved in the bugs department
They have, you get more bugs now.
They have less gamebreaking/quest bugs, but more item/talent/ability ones. I remember Kingmaker was literally impossible to complete at launch, this one there are already tons of people who made it to the end without super serious problems. On the other hand, when Kingmaker worked, it worked, first few chapters were great and even with over9000 classes and feats, most of them did what they were supposed to do, while here even most basic abilities and talents are usually broken in some way.

Takamori

Learned
Guess I will leave this game on wait for 1-2 months until they get the base game fixed. Also I felt that I did retarded choices with my character in general so another excuse to restart fresh.

Shaki

Arbiter
even with over9000 classes and feats, most of them did what they were supposed to do

:hahano:

Even today, there are mechanics in both P:K and WotR that don't work properly

Hell, WotR's enchanced edition broke several quests
Sure, but still *most* of them worked. You didn't touch the RT yet, but here there is more broken talents/abilities than the ones working properly. And I don't mean it as a hyperbole, I legit think if you would count all the stuff that's bugged in some way, it would be more than 50%. In Kingmaker at launch most of my character builds worked properly, here everything I try to do turns out to be broken in some way, every single time.

It's still fun, but you basically have to ignore all the descirptions of talents/abilities, and just test yourself what they actually do :M

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Stop talking to him about magic.

I like talking about magic and if you don't wanna to deal with it, please. Add me to your ignore list.

That said, don't matter how much you hate magery, you can either be a loyalist and worship the strongest Alpha Plus Psyker(Emperor) or be a Heretic and end up worshiping chaos ie - worshiping "magical entities", that said, psykers in 40k are incredible powerful and dangerous to everyone, including themselves and will play this game once modders fixes psykers and make it more dangerous and powerful, in Darktide, if you spam psyker powers you can in a couple of seconds blow up yourself. In Warhammer Online, Bright Wizards can also blow themselves. In this game, unless you have a lot of psykers in your party, perils of the warp aren't a problem.

Kingmaker was literally impossible to complete at launch, this one there are already tons of people who made it to the end without super serious problems.

How is in bugs in chapter 4+ in this game?

I only played the first 3 chapters.

About comparing this game with Kingmaker and Wrath, Wrath mythic paths ability alone has way more stuff to be implemented than ALL abilities in this game.

std::namespace

btw fedora masters bingo cards:
i mosdef get slowdowns for like 10 seconds after taking screenshots
and in turnbased mode suddenly the mouse pointer becomes software mousepointer and not hardware
deleting that unity direct input dll doesnt help
so there

Parabalus

Arcane
How is in bugs in chapter 4+ in this game?

I only played the first 3 chapters.

About comparing this game with Kingmaker and Wrath, Wrath mythic paths ability alone has way more stuff to be implemented than ALL abilities in this game.
Ch4 and Ch5 were okay except for some broken side-quest dialogues.

About combat abilities who knows, some stuff outright doesn't work, for the others it's hard to tell whether it's an intended op interaction or just broken.

Lamiosa

Educated
Chapter 3 boss:

Is there any trick with this circus? Yremeryss has 1K HP, deals 170dmg, dodges all the time and regenerates all the time.
Maybe already too late, but there is a basic tactic that makes this battle ridiculously easier:

git good

and the second best, just run with all your characters to the entrance where you came from and kill the two guys there. After, just shoot the incubi until they die, and eventually the boss. I never engaged the incubi and the boss with my melee characters, they can't tank them at all on unfair.

owlscat, explain to me how you can be aldari and not have aldari prof?
K4Bmlww.jpeg

...at least you fixed the corrupted melta pistol in chp1...

good thing the elf bitch sucks for a heretic squad

user

Savant
Question - how big are ch4/5? I am in ch3 and I wonder if I am more than halfway through the game.

*loopy* bountyhunter with the rifle above without officer exploits:
qnwtLvH.png

sadly only enough to kill 4, wont trigger the 5 kills in turn boots for 175 momentum
also probably wont work on unfair, too much hp on goons mostly

Question - how big are ch4/5? I am in ch3 and I wonder if I am more than halfway through the game.
Chapter 4 is fairly shorter than 1 or 2, a lot of the side exploration of chapter 4 is dealing with companion quests. Chapter 5 seems fairly short as well but I can't give you a definitive answer because yet again some scripted event broke and I can't progress unless I load back before two extremely long and slow fights and I don't have it in me to redo all of it at the moment.

user

Savant
Something happened and I got an item on ch3 and I can't find any info on it... Continuing the game after this event will have serious implications, so I am not sure I should load a previous save and also not sure if this is a bug...
So for anyone who might be able to answer:

I didn't save Abelard immediately in ch3, went back up to search the Chasm (didn't go anywhere else) and when I got back I found him dead. I looted this from him - anyone knows what it does?

868KZBR.png

I am asking because a Commissar fight with only my main with a trauma, and an unarmed Yrliet will be ultra-cancerous on unfair. But if I get to resurrect a zombie Abelard or something, I am definitely up for it.

Something happened and I got an item on ch3 and I can't find any info on it... Continuing the game after this event will have serious implications, so I am not sure I should load a previous save and also not sure if this is a bug...
So for anyone who might be able to answer:

I didn't save Abelard immediately in ch3, went back up to search the Chasm (didn't go anywhere else) and when I got back I found him dead. I looted this from him - anyone knows what it does?

868KZBR.png

I am asking because a Commissar fight with only my main with a trauma, and an unarmed Yrliet will be ultra-cancerous on unfair. But if I get to resurrect a zombie Abelard or something, I am definitely up for it.
These items are used to barter for items or favors from the fleshcrafter you meet later on in the Anatomical Theatre. There should be enough from other fights that don't involve losing companions so probably best to reload a save to save Abelard. Not sure if the way he died in your game is a bug or not since Abelard was the first person I came across and saved.

The state of the game is even worse than P:K on launch in my experience. But, besides bugs and stuff that doesn't work, which I don't particularly mind and will be fixed eventually, some of the content (or lack thereof) gives off the feeling that they rushed the shit out of it. Owlcat kind of shit the bed with this one - however I still enjoy it more than Horny Glamour 3.

I've actually listed Owlcat's busy schedule of releases as incline; but the flipside naturally is that if you keep pumping releases out like that, quality may eventually suffer.

I understand they're not a small studio. But this still is their third full release within the space of but five years. There's multiple DLCs, Enhanceds and of courses patches on top of that. It's not small games they do either (even if they always tend to have quite a few of padding). But it seems it's part of their business model to keep on pumping, or they'd go bust. Then again, they seem to have ~100-150 employees by now (full-time), which is quite sizeable for a studio so far making CRPGs exclusively. Including contractors, they actually list that as 450 on their own website...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom