Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Stop playing after Ch 2

Its the only part that even in Beta was smooth, anything after is just asking for it

Shaja

Educated
Chapter 3 boss:

Is there any trick with this circus? Yremeryss has 1K HP, deals 170dmg, dodges all the time and regenerates all the time.

just

Liturgist
Chapter 3 boss:

Is there any trick with this circus? Yremeryss has 1K HP, deals 170dmg, dodges all the time and regenerates all the time.
enemies cant kill you if they dont get a turn
-sun tzu

add more officers to the party

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
2UddIWS.png

:prosper:

hey hey rogue traders
pvmrot4cl47c1.png

I hate her portrait hope you can change it easily if I do another playthrough at some point (she will most likely get purged early though)

why change it when you can just send her ass to the inquisition first chance you get? (I hope?)
It's better to wait a little longer and get free Dogmatic points (you won't have to wait long)
Stopped using this cunt after she summoned a 150hp daemon on chapter one. It was harder to kill than the whole fucking encounter put together. Absolutelly worthless.
Oh, and she passed out on the floor at the exact same moment just for a laf.
There is not much difference between chapter 1 and chapter 3 power output of your party. I still use more or less the same equipment from the first chapter.

ArchAngel

Arcane

hey hey rogue traders
pvmrot4cl47c1.png

I hate her portrait hope you can change it easily if I do another playthrough at some point (she will most likely get purged early though)

why change it when you can just send her ass to the inquisition first chance you get? (I hope?)
It's better to wait a little longer and get free Dogmatic points (you won't have to wait long)
Stopped using this cunt after she summoned a 150hp daemon on chapter one. It was harder to kill than the whole fucking encounter put together. Absolutelly worthless.
There is not much difference between chapter 1 and chapter 3 power output of your party. I still use more or less the same equipment from the first chapter.
My Chapter 2 party for sure does more damage, especially Argenta as Arch Militant once she gets enough versatility. She starts doing 20 to 30 damage per bolt with same bad Bolter I got in chapter 1. I am trying to get profit factor to 42 so I can get a sweet Accurate Bolter from one of the factions. It does more damage, has more ammo and it is more accurate.. she will be even more fun in chapter 3 with that one.
And my main for sure does more damage with better snipers and guaranteed critical vs prey skill.
And Pasqual does 100+ damage per hit now with enough exploits and buffs on. And Cassia does 30+ with her AoE attack when I buff her Wisdom and turn on Master Tactician ability on her.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I binged kingmaker and wotr within 2-3 weeks but I've only just gotten out of act 1 in this game. I hate cover shooters. CRPGs should be about magic, not shooting. :argh:
You probably played both in RTwP, maybe you just do not enjoy TB.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I binged kingmaker and wotr within 2-3 weeks but I've only just gotten out of act 1 in this game. I hate cover shooters. CRPGs should be about magic, not shooting. :argh:
You probably played both in RTwP, maybe you just do not enjoy TB.
I played BG3 and Colony ship no problem, but yeah Owlcat don't make turnbased games so I guess youre right. There are way too many combat encounters in this for turn-based.

Parabalus

Arcane
Stop playing after Ch 2

Its the only part that even in Beta was smooth, anything after is just asking for it
It isn't that bad compared to KM and WotR, most bugs are immediate and fixed with a reload.
It is their most buggy release. I managed to finish both games on me first run,here nearly all quests in chapter 3 are broken.
Which quests were broken for you in Ch3?

I found Ch3 bug free.

Ch4 and Ch5 had several broken interactions so far.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This is the worst RPG system I've ever had the misfortune of laying eyes upon. It is bloated, badly designed, badly presented irredeemable trash and well past the point of tech-heresy.

Nope. Diablo 3 and DOS2 has worse RPG system than this game.

This game combines the gamey nonsense from D&D 4e with the bloat of WoTR.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Telekinesis will probably come in a DLC

With ability to stop projectiles matrix style? Create force bolts, a barrage of force bolts? To levitate objects? Choke enemies Dark Vader style? A storm of raw kinectic energy? This abilities are in P&P but considering that the game design behind this game is a huge D&D 4e fan I expect that they will make all of this P&P abilities fells like D&D 4e spells... I really hope that modders make Telekinesis into the game, not however is in charge of this game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know the game is buggy and unfinished but I am enjoying this a lot. And I would rather have this and wait for fixes than having this studio turn into another Obsidian or something.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

hey hey rogue traders
pvmrot4cl47c1.png

My Chapter 2 party for sure does more damage, especially Argenta as Arch Militant once she gets enough versatility. She starts doing 20 to 30 damage per bolt with same bad Bolter I got in chapter 1. I am trying to get profit factor to 42 so I can get a sweet Accurate Bolter from one of the factions. It does more damage, has more ammo and it is more accurate.. she will be even more fun in chapter 3 with that one.
And my main for sure does more damage with better snipers and guaranteed critical vs prey skill.
And Pasqual does 100+ damage per hit now with enough exploits and buffs on. And Cassia does 30+ with her AoE attack when I buff her Wisdom and turn on Master Tactician ability on her.
Fare enough,i misspoke, you do more damage in form of more turns. But the damage they do is not that different per hit.

Stop playing after Ch 2

It isn't that bad compared to KM and WotR, most bugs are immediate and fixed with a reload.
It is their most buggy release. I managed to finish both games on me first run,here nearly all quests in chapter 3 are broken.
Which quests were broken for you in Ch3?

I found Ch3 bug free.

Ch4 and Ch5 had several broken interactions so far.
LoL you are right,i mistook ch4 for ch3 because of how small and meaningless ch3 was. It is two maps with 20 fights to ramp up the play time.

Mortmal

Arcane
i was going to start playing this game as i'm (finally) on vacation but the portraits for males are... very limiting let said.

Is there any good portraits out there you guys are using? especially for a psyker?
I personally think the scoundrel male is pretty iconic for the game:

View attachment 44791

But it's 2023, just use an AI to get the one you want. Here's 4 that I'm considering:

View attachment 44790
What AI you using? Also what prompts you used?

Also heard that Act 4 is broken in Owlcat fashion so have to wait at least 1 month so those bloody russians get it fixed.
Mdjourney.

Really basic prompt, just like male portraits for rogue trader 40k.

Curious what Mortmal is using.
DALL E 3 , the bing image creator. It gives similar results to midjourney and still free for now. 15 fast try a week, enough to make your portraits easily.

user

Savant
Ok now that I played it a lot... the game is a great treat, I love its customization, combat, mechanics (the few that work), ship combat, colonies (could be better but it's still cool you can have colonies).

However it is a shitfest of unfinished content, bugs and things that just don't work. I mostly played a heretic, and much of the writing and choices felt rushed and out of place. At times they felt like those of an edgy teenager, and often the very next choice in the dialogue was completely out of place with what you said before.

The state of the game is even worse than P:K on launch in my experience. But, besides bugs and stuff that doesn't work, which I don't particularly mind and will be fixed eventually, some of the content (or lack thereof) gives off the feeling that they rushed the shit out of it. Owlcat kind of shit the bed with this one - however I still enjoy it more than Horny Glamour 3.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok now that I played it a lot... the game is a great treat, I love its customization, combat, mechanics (the few that work), ship combat, colonies (could be better but it's still cool you can have colonies).

However it is a shitfest of unfinished content, bugs and things that just don't work. I mostly played a heretic, and much of the writing and choices felt rushed and out of place. At times they felt like those of an edgy teenager, and often the very next choice in the dialogue was completely out of place with what you said before.

The state of the game is even worse than P:K on launch in my experience. But, besides bugs and stuff that doesn't work, which I don't particularly mind and will be fixed eventually, some of the content (or lack thereof) gives off the feeling that they rushed the shit out of it. Owlcat kind of shit the bed with this one - however I still enjoy it more than Horny Glamour 3.
Yea, it seems they went backwards to Kingmaker release quality instead of taking improvements from WotR and going even further.
But Kingmaker got a lot of additions and free overhauls over next 2 years, hopefully RT receives same love.

Hopefully Owlcat_Eyler consider RT a beta release and do plan to polish it to full release status over next year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom