Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Harthwain

Magister
In this game, unless you have a lot of psykers in your party, perils of the warp aren't a problem.
Isn't there always a 5% for something going wrong whenever you cast a spell, regardless of how high the Perils of the Warp level is?

std::namespace

maaan, when heretic II is reached its so uncomfortable in the first turn of combat...
you kill goons and lose momentum for that...
have to spread dmg around...
this better fucking pay of, im at 70 heretic after janus and have to live with this until 200...

Sunri

Liturgist
Is Ulfar like the worst character in the game? stat/buildwise
rYIKhaB.png

ArchAngel

Arcane

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
WTF is even the point of the book scene in Commorragh with the Scourge if you can just fuck it up with 35 Str no matter what?
Goddamn Owlcat.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I did the second arena fight and now I can't talk about freeing Ulfar... I guess I fucked up?
Apparently it is easy to miss him. As soon as I hit Act 3 my plan is to find a guide with specific steps how to recruit him 100%. My whole Dogmatic run is around getting him in my team.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I did the second arena fight and now I can't talk about freeing Ulfar... I guess I fucked up?
Apparently it is easy to miss him. As soon as I hit Act 3 my plan is to find a guide with specific steps how to recruit him 100%. My whole Dogmatic run is around getting him in my team.
You have to talk to him in his cage, then give the Haemonculus that keeps him creature parts in order to ask the guy to set him free. However it seems like if you run out of parts you can't ask the question anymore... and solving a different quest takes them all away from you.

user

Savant
The state of the game is even worse than P:K on launch in my experience. But, besides bugs and stuff that doesn't work, which I don't particularly mind and will be fixed eventually, some of the content (or lack thereof) gives off the feeling that they rushed the shit out of it. Owlcat kind of shit the bed with this one - however I still enjoy it more than Horny Glamour 3.

I've actually listed Owlcat's busy schedule of releases as incline; but the flipside naturally is that if you keep pumping releases out like that, quality may eventually suffer.

I understand they're not a small studio. But this still is their third full release within the space of but five years. There's multiple DLCs, Enhanceds and of courses patches on top of that. It's not small games they do either (even if they always tend to have quite a few of padding). But it seems it's part of their business model to keep on pumping, or they'd go bust. Then again, they seem to have ~100-150 employees by now (full-time), which is quite sizeable for a studio so far making CRPGs exclusively. Including contractors, they actually list that as 450 on their own website...

Pretty much this... none else develops large scale games like these nowadays, so it's definitely incline.

But releasing games at this state will definitely not help them ever widen their target audience - reputation and reviews matter (even Bethesda has started shilling in steam reviews, if you can believe this).
...and if they start compromising on what they do best even their core audience will suffer.

I haven't played the last two chapters yet (because I keep restarting), but some people say it's a huge drop in quality. Hope they are exaggerating.

Also hope it's not that grim for their budget and that their sales will give them some leeway, especially now that they won't be developing for a new IP any time soon, but that's a fuckton of people... I bet some clown made them crunch for this release too, which would be absolutely criminally stupid given its unfinished state.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Are two handed melee just better unless you're doing a dual wielding build ? They deal so much more damage compared to single handed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Are two handed melee just better unless you're doing a dual wielding build ? They deal so much more damage compared to single handed.
Two single weapons also let you have more options while locked in melee. Also two handed melee seems to often be Primitive type and there is no talent for that one. Also no talent for Exotic weapons..

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally got my first (non heretic) Heavy Bolter yesterday and grabbed Heavy Weapon prof for Argenta and gave it to her. I do not even have -1 AP cost when using heavy weapons but she does not need it. She has mulitiple abilities that either make it cost less AP or 0 AP. After she gets first Heroic she has 4 attacks per turn without officers giving her more actions (which is busted as it refreshes some of her abilities that give her extra attacks..)
She starts combat using some cool new Bolter she got on Footfall from some Mutants and very soon after that she can use heavy bolter for 2 AP and then 1 AP and then 0 AP :D
And that thing starts clearing everything. I grabbed talent that lets her use two handed weapons in melee range so I do not need to waste more time on weak one handed weapons :)

Sunri

Liturgist
I can't enter WinterScale planet and move plot in act iv lmao the planet icon just doesn't work Heinrix quest is bugged too infinite mandrakes

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I finally got my first (non heretic) Heavy Bolter yesterday and grabbed Heavy Weapon prof for Argenta and gave it to her. I do not even have -1 AP cost when using heavy weapons but she does not need it. She has mulitiple abilities that either make it cost less AP or 0 AP. After she gets first Heroic she has 4 attacks per turn without officers giving her more actions (which is busted as it refreshes some of her abilities that give her extra attacks..)
She starts combat using some cool new Bolter she got on Footfall from some Mutants and very soon after that she can use heavy bolter for 2 AP and then 1 AP and then 0 AP :D
And that thing starts clearing everything. I grabbed talent that lets her use two handed weapons in melee range so I do not need to waste more time on weak one handed weapons :)

I gave her a lasgun sniper since my other members are mostly close ranged combatants. Now with my officers support, she kills %75 of enemies even before they act. Another funny thing is I missed "%95 to hit chance shots" with her more than any X-Com game :lol:

Her other weapon is a heavy flamer, for shits and gigles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom