Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

1mb4.gif

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm still in Act II and did the first fight where space elves appear last night. I was tearing up the rebels until two space elves showed up and wrecked my shit. I "won" but with four characters downed and now injured. On Daring, my entire team save the elf sniper had extremely low chances to hit these two. Switching to sniper rifles on human characters didn't help and the elves can even dodge shotgun blasts. They have no problem hitting me and hit hard. I only got through the encounter using some grenades and with my main character hitting a couple of very lucking finishing shots in the final round. Admittedly, I didn't see one of the paths down from the starting platform at the beginning of the fight so my team was not in good positions to support each other and hit the elves with debuffs before shooting at them. My melee dudes were also engaged on the other side of the map/sniped dead before I could see if melee was the answer. I'm going to see what comes up next but I suspect that one of the next couple of fights will involve a bunch of these fuckers and I will be completely outclassed, at least with all the injuries.

So my question is: Is it normal for most of the party to have 20% or (usually much) less base chance to hit these fuckers or do I need to respec everyone?
You need to always have one operative in your party. Exploit Weakness is your friend vs many enemies.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I am of the opinion either do full VO, or nothing at all. Halfway is just halfassing it and satisfies no one.
Disagree, you don't need full VO for everything, it makes everything terrible slow.
Important dialogs fine, or not.
I agree. I do not need full VO, but I would like more in RT. All dialogue with companions should be full VO and all important main quest conversations.
I do not want DM VO like BG3 did. Fuck that shit. I will do that in my own voice and it will be better.

REhorror

Educated

I am of the opinion either do full VO, or nothing at all. Halfway is just halfassing it and satisfies no one.
Disagree, you don't need full VO for everything, it makes everything terrible slow.
Important dialogs fine, or not.
I agree. I do not need full VO, but I would like more in RT. All dialogue with companions should be full VO and all important main quest conversations.
I do not want DM VO like BG3 did. Fuck that shit. I will do that in my own voice and it will be better.
Narration at important parts, with deep voices, very good and epic.
Narration everytimes everywhere? Makes it like a comedy show.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

I guess it depends what you want from the VO. I like a small amount of VO or at least some barks that have a good amount of personality to help with characterisation, but full VO seems like a waste to me because I read faster than they talk and just end up skipping half of it anyway.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lord Captain, don't touch this... Okay, never mind.
How hard it is to be a Rogue Trader! Especially when there is so much responsibility around. But we are sure that the Emperor is protecting you on this perilous path! However, professional challenges may still arise sometimes.

std::namespace

there is funny vo for the stuck up elf bitch
when you grind out her dialogue options on your ship, her tone is basically schizophrenic
she switches from submissive lolita to enraged hateful xeno and back, sentence to sentence

Incendax

Augur
Who said that ch3 is bug free? At some point the game just broke, and sometimes skills had cooldowns, other times they didn't. I didn't know what was going on anymore. Afterwards I got this:

Ai2eiE6.png

I do like ch3 so far though!
rating_lulz.gif

LoL, this is like Kingmaker all over again. I had 4 Amiri's back then in act 1 and one of them was in the party slot for MC :lol:
At the launch of Kingmaker I would get a new bear pet every level, but the old pets never went away. So I would have a level 1, 2, 3, etc bear until it became an army of underleveled bears.

At least my carry capacity was over 9,000.

ArchAngel

Arcane
there is funny vo for the stuck up elf bitch
when you grind out her dialogue options on your ship, her tone is basically schizophrenic
she switches from submissive lolita to enraged hateful xeno and back, sentence to sentence
How submissive can she be when she calls you monkey from the first moment you see her lol.
She died in our 2nd meeting along with all her cousins. I told them to stop calling us monkeys, they should have listened :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see people on steam complain how Ulfar gets stuck everywhere outside and inside combat. Is that experience for some of you that managed to get him?

Last edited:

user

Savant
Fuck VO seriously, because it is ALWAYS a factor for how extensive your text will end up. And yes narrator VO at every turn, especially one that isn't neutral and sets the tone, makes it feel like a sitcom. And even Larian realized that protagonist VO just doesn't work.

How hard it is to be a Rogue Trader! Especially when there is so much responsibility around. But we are sure that the Emperor is protecting you on this perilous path! However, professional challenges may still arise sometimes.

crrriiinggee wayyys to mah-mah-market, youuur broken unfinished (but still good) gaaaamee

Rhobar121

Scholar
Fuck VO seriously, because it is ALWAYS a factor for how extensive your text will end up. And yes narrator VO at every turn, especially one that isn't neutral and sets the tone, makes it feel like a sitcom. And even Larian realized that protagonist VO just doesn't work.

crrriiinggee wayyys to mah-mah-market, youuur broken unfinished (but still good) gaaaamee

Voice acting is good because it limits the graphomaniacal tendencies of developers, e.g. PoE1 and PoE2. PoE2 had less shitty and tiring text mainly because it had full voice acting.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

jf8350143

Liturgist
I'm really looking forward to the DLC. The late game could use more content. Act 4 is basically just main quests and companion quests, planet exploring is all finished in chapter 2.

For once Owlcat decide to make the majority of DLCs as part of the main campaign instead of seperate small chapters. So they can acutally address some of the issues in the base game with them.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Man the game balance is out of whack

In Hard the best Armor during level 30ish part of the game, when the D Eldar attacks is something like 60% damage reduction.... and most enemies has like 55% armor pierce when they attack

Each shot deal 20+ damage due to the flat damage bonus and you have like 50 - 70 hp, if they get a good look at you one burst and you are dead.

Harthwain

Magister
Voice acting is good because it limits the graphomaniacal tendencies of developers, e.g. PoE1 and PoE2. PoE2 had less shitty and tiring text mainly because it had full voice acting.
Good voice acting - sure. Bad voice acting? Better do no voice acting then. Sadly, you're much more likely to run into bad voice acting than good voice acting.

I see people on steam complain how Ulfar gets stuck everywhere outside and inside combat. Is that experience for some of you that managed to get him?
Since he takes up 4x the space in a game where there's a lot of narrow hallways it gets janky. In the Defiler fight I tried to use his charge ability to target something a few tiles in front of him and he instead charged in the opposite direction across the entire map until he got stuck again.

Over all I don't take him with me anymore since he's pretty much inferior to Argenta anyways.

notpl

Arbiter

This goofy promo video has more varied and interesting animations than are present in the actual game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom