Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see people on steam complain how Ulfar gets stuck everywhere outside and inside combat. Is that experience for some of you that managed to get him?
Since he takes up 4x the space in a game where there's a lot of narrow hallways it gets janky. In the Defiler fight I tried to use his charge ability to target something a few tiles in front of him and he instead charged in the opposite direction across the entire map until he got stuck again.

Over all I don't take him with me anymore since he's pretty much inferior to Argenta anyways.
I hope you reported that as a bug..

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I am of the opinion either do full VO, or nothing at all. Halfway is just halfassing it and satisfies no one.

Strong disagree. VO for companions and main quests sets the "tone" so that your inner voice reads the dialogues appropriately. And you don't really need more than that.

BG3 is cool and all wrt VO, but it's absolute overkill to have every last grubby peasant lovingly VO-ed, it's basically a waste of money and resources - unless of course that's part of your marketing strategy, as it obviously was with BG3.

I want to have both a good acted sense of the characters and tons of varied dialogue options, which can only be serviced properly by writing tons of good dialogue options, way more than could feasibly be voiced.

Yoomazir

Educated
Man, what the fuck, are you telling me the only way to get Ulfar was to talk to surgeon and let him probe Yrilet before the second arena fight?? And there's nothing else, no other option availabe? Nice "rpg" you got ther Owlcuck, this shit is more railroaded than Fallout 4...

Geewoody

Novice
Played this for about 35 hours on Unfair. Basic mechanics like line of sight, pathing, and verticality not working properly are the most concerning issues, moreso than softlocks and disfunctional abilities. The game really feels like an extension of the turn-based mod from kingmaker rather than something built from the ground up with these functions in mind. Not much to say about the actual tactical aspects of the game, since everything is so broken and unbalanced its hard to even make an honest assessment on whether or not this combat system is good, even on paper. I can appreciate finally having a 40k rpg, but I wish the execution had been better.

Saduj

Arcane
She died in our 2nd meeting along with all her cousins. I told them to stop calling us monkeys, they should have listened :D
The game really seems to begging for her to be killed. According to the setting, killing her on first sight is the right thing to do. She offers no useful information early on and has a shitty attitude. Then you find out she's a liar and has been playing you - which she only admitted in my game after I got info that would let me track the rebels without her. But she's like "No, for reals now, follow me I'm telling the truth now.....". You follow her and are led directly into a huge ambush.

That's as far as I've got. Maybe she makes herself useful soon. But I feel like I'm role-playing a retard for continue to trust her.

REhorror

Educated
She died in our 2nd meeting along with all her cousins. I told them to stop calling us monkeys, they should have listened :D
The game really seems to begging for her to be killed. According to the setting, killing her on first sight is the right thing to do. She offers no useful information early on and has a shitty attitude. Then you find out she's a liar and has been playing you - which she only admitted in my game after I got info that would let me track the rebels without her. But she's like "No, for reals now, follow me I'm telling the truth now.....". You follow her and are led directly into a huge ambush.

That's as far as I've got. Maybe she makes herself useful soon. But I feel like I'm role-playing a retard for continue to trust her.
I find her to be pretty nice, better than the unsanctioned psyker and the shady rogue women.

But oh well, all these companions have their twists and turns. It's an Owlcat game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Lord Captain, don't touch this... Okay, never mind.
How hard it is to be a Rogue Trader! Especially when there is so much responsibility around. But we are sure that the Emperor is protecting you on this perilous path! However, professional challenges may still arise sometimes.

"Nap" lol

std::namespace

She offers
acshually!
if you track the rebels without her, you do an event minigame and probably lose profit factor
what ambush?
dunno if the elfboss speech checks are different or not but with her you can increase your [heretic] :fap:

Aarwolf

Learned
GDPd11Y.png

Percy

Cipher
Man, what the fuck, are you telling me the only way to get Ulfar was to talk to surgeon and let him probe Yrilet before the second arena fight?? And there's nothing else, no other option availabe? Nice "rpg" you got ther Owlcuck, this shit is more railroaded than Fallout 4...

I gor Ulfar after second fight and didn't have to do this. Can't really remember how, was either a speech check or exchange of body parts.

Percy

Cipher

Agree. The issue is you're locking yourself out of content if you dont make retarded decisions.

Reinhardt

Arcane

well... you are.

REhorror

Educated
I'm feeling there's some massive shit going on if I let the Eldar tag alone.
It can't be that bad, right, right?

Stoned Ape

Savant
You need to talk to Ulfgar and use the Dogmatic dialogue potion (I think it requires Dogmatic Level 2). After that you talk to the Dark Eldar freak and trade one of the body parts you find to get him released.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You can get him by pleasing the surgeon by bringing him body parts from the 2 or 3 monsters floating around, like the one at the door to the surgeon's place, and the monster in the other area where you met the commissar and argenta, and I think there may be one other but I forget.

im just gonna quote myself everytime i find some enemy that is different
enemies have enough functional types:
1. fodder melee that can kill your tank if you let them, eg knifers in the csm fight; 1a. zerg melee rushers with 10+ move and 3 attacks... // anti surround talent on abletard, stack parry
2. fodder anti-dodge lasgun bursters that kill their allies and you // stand behind enemy flesh shield, full cover on tank
3. camping snipers // outshoot
4. maxed dodge elf assholes in ch2, the +20 dodge from unfair is a small boost for them... // mental, grenades
5. heavy armor daemons // mental, chip
6. grenadiers and assorted aoe assholes that ignore cover // depends on aoe dmg, either priority target or tank it
(7. officers, though they buff the wrong enemies...) // dont matter
8. slow hp sponges with heavy sticks // slow on hit item, bountyhunter trap, start far away
9. mental dmg immune speakers... // thank god you can turtle those fights...
10. run and gun flanking bursters, like the csm and lieutenant on janus // priority target, bountyhunter prey and trap to stop, may try to melee them if in reach
11. unlim summoner boss // snipe, officer focus on sniper, take aim zeroes dodge/cover

different functionality but didnt require any thinking because out-damaged them:
12. kickers that shove your tank out of cover
13. poison aoe on death

Yoomazir

Educated

You can get him by pleasing the surgeon by bringing him body parts from the 2 or 3 monsters floating around, like the one at the door to the surgeon's place, and the monster in the other area where you met the commissar and argenta, and I think there may be one other but I forget.
Well, I did brought him parts, Ulfar was never brought into the conversation.
Doesn't matter, I'm restarting a new campaign, maybe this time I'll get Ulfar and Jae's quest won't be broken either.
Thanks for having me wasted 70 hours for nothing Owlcuck but, hey, at least you guys released le funny video...

massive differences
ehhh, there are many small things that are about resources, ergo irrelevant
the big one is kill vyatt or not, help elfs or not, and if food is heretical

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom