Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This broken percentage talk gives me heavy Mechajammer vibes

Nothing can came close to THE Mechajammer, not even close. Followed by InSomnia and Encased (and maybe Kingmaker on release)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I have a feeling that no one has tested this
Given how software development works, it's probably been tested and the bugs recorded in the tracking system, but fixing them has been de-prioritized in favor of making the game actually run on Xbox or the like.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. This game is all about stacking 5646546816546864 buffs and debuffs to fight enemies with 3x+ more hp than chaos space marines.

Reinhardt

Arcane
"y i can't pew-pew when martials can?!"

that's because you are chaos servant, victor. da emprah guides faithful and miracle happens.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nope. If you hated bloat in WoTR, in this game,is even more bloated. In daring difficulty, in chapter 4, most peasants that I face have more hp than the act 1 chaos space marine.

As I've said, I will wait till a modder fixes the psyker powers in this game to re play this game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nope. If you hated bloat in WoTR, in this game,is even more bloated. In daring difficulty, in chapter 4, most peasants that I face have more hp than the act 1 chaos space marine.

As I've said, I will wait till a modder fixes the psyker powers in this game to re play this game.
notice how no one is crying about bloat. only you.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, reading the posts here, makes me kinda happy I've still got the majority of BGIII Act 3 to go (btw. so far not nearly as bad as suggested - just bloated and BIG).
Should keep me busy well into the New Year.

Maybe some patches will come out for Rogue Trader till then.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Be happy your psyker isn't a chaos spawn yet.

And he will never be, I will only play this game when someone mods the cool psyker powers from TT into it. BTW, the perils of warp in this game are very lame. And there are many ways to reduce the veil degradation.

notpl

Arbiter

that's because you are chaos servant, victor. da emprah guides faithful and miracle happens.
I don't feel like reading back through this thread, but psykers can very much pew pew in this game. It's almost difficult to justify making a non-psyker.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
no one is crying about bloat.

How many people here reached chapter 4? In the days/weeks of Wrath, very few people talked about bloat too.

There's no HP bloat in Wrath lol
It all depends on how good you are at building. A good martial with proper buffs can do 2000+ damage in a turn, wizards can use aoe save or die to make hp irrelevant on a lot of mobs. At the same time, I could see how it might feel bloated if you're using a blaster caster or something.

I do think wrath has encounter bloat, there's just way too many encounters in almost every dungeon.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

How many people here reached chapter 4? In the days/weeks of Wrath, very few people talked about bloat too.

It all depends on how good you are at building.

I played a gimmicky meme natural attack build on full Unfair difficulty.

There's no HP bloat in Wrath

I do think wrath has encounter bloat, there's just way too many encounters in almost every dungeon.

There's a lot of bloat in Wrath. Just not HP bloat

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Sounds like a pretty good martial build to me!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Sounds like a pretty good martial build to me!

Unmounted martial builds without reach and/or pounce on Unfair are not good martial builds

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Compared to PnP there is. Everyone has at least 2x more HP on Core difficulty. I assume even more on Unfair since their stats are buffed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
LoL here is a good example and simple one about how pointless most talents are.

VMXQpRU.png

It translates in reality of 6% more accuracy...maybe.
It translates into 12 more ballistics skill, it maybe goes up more when you buff your BS with flat bonuses. So at least you get 12% more accuracy that turns into more critical hit chance if your hit chance goes over 100%.
Also it is a bad example since this one is very simple passive bonus that is always applied.

Trithne

Erudite
LoL here is a good example and simple one about how pointless most talents are.

VMXQpRU.png

It translates in reality of 6% more accuracy...maybe.
It translates into 12 more ballistics skill, it maybe goes up more when you buff your BS with flat bonuses. So at least you get 12% more accuracy that turns into more critical hit chance if your hit chance goes over 100%.
Also it is a bad example since this one is very simple passive bonus that is always applied.

Only +6 BS. It adds 2xWS to BS and vice versa.

A 6% improvement on TWO combat stats (for a secondary perk, in a game system where there are A LOT of levels to grind to reach the cap) isn't exactly shit, incidentally.
This is just the Codex being autistic again in an attempt to nitpick to justify a bias.

The ruleset has its problems (starting with howy needlessly convoluted some formulas are... OR the complete lack of "overwatch"/"ready action" equivalent in a turn-based combat with firearms, which is bizarre) but lacking powerful synergies isn't exactly one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Compared to PnP there is. Everyone has at least 2x more HP on Core difficulty. I assume even more on Unfair since their stats are buffed.

If killing 90% of things in 1 turn and the rest in 2 is considered HP bloat, everything is HP bloat

Looks like I got my first showstopper.

There's a mandatory event that triggers at some point while exploring optional star systems and every single time I attempted it I got the same softlock of the game when Cassia enters the scene.
There's a cutscene that does nothing (her character model just stands there without doing anything) and if I skip it pressing Enter I get a black screen and the game doesn't work anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom