Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Herumor

Scholar
New day, new quest breaking bug.

It's in regards to Marazhai first travel through the Warp - if you take the heretical option here, nothing happens, NPCs just stand around and the quest can't be progressed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
New day, new quest breaking bug.

It's in regards to Marazhai first travel through the Warp - if you take the heretical option here, nothing happens, NPCs just stand around and the quest can't be progressed.
Tnx for beta testing the Heretic path so I can play that one in my 2nd or 3rd playthrough bug free

std::namespace

The land combat is move and shoot x-com but worse and so trivial game journalists probably find it easy, at no point any of my characters had lost more than 10% wounds on core difficulty.
> plays on journalist mode
> complains
combat is the only saving grace of this bugfest, well, and the decent from what ive seen heretic path

Rhobar121

Scholar
To people who moan about bugs, I know its frustrating and could potentially be game breaking but COME ON!! Its not nearly on the same level of unfinished as Gothic 3 or KOTOR 2 or even third act in BG 3. Not even close. And devs have already released 2 patches so its a lot smoother at the moment.
You're right, it's not that bad, it's much worse.

havox

Novice
> plays on journalist mode
> complains
Core is one above Normal, even comes with big red warning NOT RECOMMENDED for players not familiar with RT system. It's also the mode where all sliders are in the middle at 0 adjustments.
In a game created by devs with any semblance of competence that would be the reasonably challenging setting. But we're stuck with Owlcucks so it's way too hard in Wrath and way too easy in RT.
And I would put up with the garbage combat if the game had any other redeeming qualities. Oh well, it is what it is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
To people who moan about bugs, I know its frustrating and could potentially be game breaking but COME ON!! Its not nearly on the same level of unfinished as Gothic 3 or KOTOR 2 or even third act in BG 3. Not even close. And devs have already released 2 patches so its a lot smoother at the moment.
You're right, it's not that bad, it's much worse.
It is Kingmaker level for sure. But Kingmaker was still Goty for me.

std::namespace

big red warning NOT RECOMMENDED
[current_year], stop playing steamtard difficulty, you can change it midfight! i started on hard
combat is well designed, from maps, to enemies, to your abilities
the ai behaves well, the bosself in ch2 literally ran to my side where i was turtling and plopped an aoe on the team, melee zergs approached from 2 sides
you cannot just show the ai the buffed tank and expected to win like in cuckmaker

there is an obvious exploit right now in officers heroic act being unlimited attacks, so that any ap recovery ability becomes a loop
avoid

enemies have enough functional types:
1. fodder melee that can kill your tank if you let them, eg knifers in the csm fight; 1a. zerg melee rushers with 10+ move
2. fodder anti-dodge lasgun bursters that kill their allies and you
2. camping snipers
3. maxed dodge elf assholes in ch2, the +20 dodge from unfair is a small boost for them...
4. heavy armor daemons
5. grenadiers and assorted aoe assholes
6. officers, though they buff the wrong enemies...
7. slow hp sponges with heavy sticks
8. mental dmg immune speakers...
9. ???

combat arenas have approach paths, basically direction and position matter

your abilities have synergies and interactions across classes

right now they need maybe just a little bit more of cover flushing
but there are enough encounters without good cover

REhorror

Educated
You need to play on Unfair.

This game is made for Unfair, it's actually relatively Fair for Unfair that it can be a legit complaint.

Combat is mainly about action economy and buff/debuff, ironically kinda like JRPG but that's a good thing because JRPG has tight combat.

user

Savant
big red warning NOT RECOMMENDED
stop playing steamtard difficulty, you can change it midfight! i started on hard
combat is well designed, from maps, to enemies, to your abilities

I started on hard and it was great throughout ch1/early ch2. Switched to unfair once I got a grip of how the game works. But soon after ch2 mid, it starts becoming unfair for enemies.

AI is passable. Enemy hp and damage are ok, brutal even, as they should be on unfair. However:

- Officers are busted and I am not talking about bugs and exploits. They need some rework. Bring it Down should have had the cooldown that Voice of Command has for starters.
- Many talents/buffs synergies snowball and it becomes easy to stack damage and strip the enemies of their dodge and armor.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
I'm still in Act II and did the first fight where space elves appear last night. I was tearing up the rebels until two space elves showed up and wrecked my shit. I "won" but with four characters downed and now injured. On Daring, my entire team save the elf sniper had extremely low chances to hit these two. Switching to sniper rifles on human characters didn't help and the elves can even dodge shotgun blasts. They have no problem hitting me and hit hard. I only got through the encounter using some grenades and with my main character hitting a couple of very lucking finishing shots in the final round. Admittedly, I didn't see one of the paths down from the starting platform at the beginning of the fight so my team was not in good positions to support each other and hit the elves with debuffs before shooting at them. My melee dudes were also engaged on the other side of the map/sniped dead before I could see if melee was the answer. I'm going to see what comes up next but I suspect that one of the next couple of fights will involve a bunch of these fuckers and I will be completely outclassed, at least with all the injuries.

So my question is: Is it normal for most of the party to have 20% or (usually much) less base chance to hit these fuckers or do I need to respec everyone?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Been fucking around in act 2/chapter 2 alot and I really like the game.

Is it better overall than BG3? No, not for me, BG3 simply has too much polish, great VO and everything else that makes it come out on top.

HOWEVER, IF owlcat patches up the game abit, adds maybe more VO? abit more polish and stories and shit, RT could easily come on top for me.

Why?

Well the story and premise, just because it's sci-fi with all that entails alone will automatically make it better for me than a fantasy game, but thats heavily biased.
Imagine if Rogue Trader had the polish, budget and everything put into it that BG3 had?
Easily game of the decade, for me.

But alas, it's an owlcat game through and through, and the bugs I can live with, the content is great, wish it had more polish and fleshed out stuff.

REhorror

Educated
I'm still in Act II and did the first fight where space elves appear last night. I was tearing up the rebels until two space elves showed up and wrecked my shit. I "won" but with four characters downed and now injured. On Daring, my entire team save the elf sniper had extremely low chances to hit these two. Switching to sniper rifles on human characters didn't help and the elves can even dodge shotgun blasts. They have no problem hitting me and hit hard. I only got through the encounter using some grenades and with my main character hitting a couple of very lucking finishing shots in the final round. Admittedly, I didn't see one of the paths down from the starting platform at the beginning of the fight so my team was not in good positions to support each other and hit the elves with debuffs before shooting at them. My melee dudes were also engaged on the other side of the map/sniped dead before I could see if melee was the answer. I'm going to see what comes up next but I suspect that one of the next couple of fights will involve a bunch of these fuckers and I will be completely outclassed, at least with all the injuries.

So my question is: Is it normal for most of the party to have 20% or (usually much) less base chance to hit these fuckers or do I need to respec everyone?
I mean these are Eldar so yes, but no worry, they teach you the importance of debuffing, which is what you should do all games.

Debuff dodge reduction AND armor, that's how you win.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Bow down you filthy Owlkeks!

swen.jpg

janior

Arcane
Patron
Who said that ch3 is bug free? At some point the game just broke, and sometimes skills had cooldowns, other times they didn't. I didn't know what was going on anymore. Afterwards I got this:

Ai2eiE6.png

I do like ch3 so far though!
rating_lulz.gif

LoL, this is like Kingmaker all over again. I had 4 Amiri's back then in act 1 and one of them was in the party slot for MC :lol:

Really liking the game. Moving down them cultists, putting peasant to their place, executing heretics. We finally got a really nice 40 K RPG, didn't think that was possible in my life time. Game has really good amount of 40K lore dumps, even someone that haven't got any knowladge about 40K can learn a lot from this game.

main-qimg-92cd6f87855b677dd52cbcdc28dfd413-lq

warhammer-40k-sisters-of-battle-adepta-sororitas-2nd-edition-codex-cover.jpg
man old warhammer art went HARD :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom