Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

REhorror

Educated
Have to say Jae's companion quest feels strange,

Someone who writes this character is definitely making a joke of the RT.

jf8350143

Liturgist
How exactly do you get the space marine equipments?

I finished Ulfar's personal quests and I get nothing. There are several space marine power armor and weapon in the game, but I don't find anyway to get them.

Saduj

Arcane
what ambush?
dunno if the elfboss speech checks are different or not but with her you can increase your [heretic] :fap:
I was about to go back to my ship after finding the surviving rebel and she's like "OK, I'll tell you the truth now. Trust me bro, you gotta follow me right now..." I agree.

Then the game cuts to a new screen where my team walks onto a raised platform at the edge of a rebel camp. We are immediately attacked by fifteen or so rebels and servitors and later on, two Eldar show up. Game never goes to dialogue but she does have floating dialogue that says "Lower your weapons" at the start of it. Not sure if she's talking to me or them but I saw no option to avoid this fight. It isn't an "ambush" according to game mechanics as you can position your team. But logically, it wouldn't seem like trusting the elf was a very wise choice. The smart thing to do would be to kill her and then turn around and go back to the ship. If I failed any checks that led to all this happening, I didn't notice.

After that fight, walked through the woods, trash combat against two beasts that even I could kill in one round and then you reach the rebel leaders and get a chance to talk to them. Why they attacked immediately the previous time but not when you reach the leaders is never explained.

REhorror

Educated
what ambush?
dunno if the elfboss speech checks are different or not but with her you can increase your [heretic] :fap:
I was about to go back to my ship after finding the surviving rebel and she's like "OK, I'll tell you the truth now. Trust me bro, you gotta follow me right now..." I agree.

Then the game cuts to a new screen where my team walks onto a raised platform at the edge of a rebel camp. We are immediately attacked by fifteen or so rebels and servitors and later on, two Eldar show up. Game never goes to dialogue but she does have floating dialogue that says "Lower your weapons" at the start of it. Not sure if she's talking to me or them but I saw no option to avoid this fight. It isn't an "ambush" according to game mechanics as you can position your team. But logically, it wouldn't seem like trusting the elf was a very wise choice. The smart thing to do would be to kill her and then turn around and go back to the ship. If I failed any checks that led to all this happening, I didn't notice.

After that fight, walked through the woods, trash combat against two beasts that even I could kill in one round and then you reach the rebel leaders and get a chance to talk to them. Why they attacked immediately the previous time but not when you reach the leaders is never explained.
That isn't an ambush tho.
You are walking into a platform WITH cover and elevation, with full line of sight of the battlefield, forcing the enemies to climb stair to each you.
The Eldar is giving you the ample opportunity to wipe the rebels out.

Saduj

Arcane
You are walking into a platform WITH cover and elevation, with full line of sight of the battlefield, forcing the enemies to climb stair to each you.
Without telling you that you're about to fight, let alone 3 to 1? I know the game doesn't say "You're being amushed" but logically, if someone leads you into a situation like that without telling you that you're about to fight, they aren't going to seem all that trustworthy. At best, she's not as in with the rebels as she just told you she is and therefore, she is someone who isn't to be trusted because she has really bad judgement.

Saduj

Arcane
Assassin ability that gives you a free attack with lowered damage doesn't work for Pascual correctly. I've only tried it at range and the game never lets me use it. I think it doesn't work because he's carrying two weapons but the game only takes the melee weapon into consideration when deciding if you can use this ability or not. So if you're not next to an enemy, you can't use it even though I have him carrying a sniper rifle too.

REhorror

Educated
Without telling you that you're about to fight, let alone 3 to 1? I know the game doesn't say "You're being amushed" but logically, if someone leads you into a situation like that without telling you that you're about to fight, they aren't going to seem all that trustworthy. At best, she's not as in with the rebels as she just told you she is and therefore, she is someone who isn't to be trusted because she has really bad judgement.
Uh, I mean you absolutely know you are going to fight, you are going into a forest teaming with rebels, she told you this.

So no, I am going to have to disagree there, imagine you start at the ground being locked in by sniper platform, that could be you if she really wants to make it harder.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah for every normal Imperial citizen that Yrileth is downright retarded and pretty much asking to be killed

Not long after her 2 "friends" ended up shooting at you she goes on a long monologue of her being a plot to pit umies against each other too

I ended up sparing her coz hot elf waifu even though I amostly dogmatic playthrough but that part of Janus is outright retarded

Shaki

Arbiter
Nah for every normal Imperial citizen that Yrileth is downright retarded and pretty much asking to be killed

Not long after her 2 "friends" ended up shooting at you she goes on a long monologue of her being a plot to pit umies against each other too

I ended up sparing her coz hot elf waifu even though I amostly dogmatic playthrough but that part of Janus is outright retarded
I mean, is the game retarded for letting you make a retarded decision, or are you for making it?

REhorror

Educated
Gonna have to defend the Elf again, but I already placed the governess in arrest because she's already a heretic for letting the situation outta control, that's BEFORE the crab arms thing.

And you can literally the forest growing eyes and such.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
She has actual crab arms? I missed that. I said something in dialogue that caused her assistant to kill her and then run away. The assistant being an evil manipulator was a twist you can see coming the first time you see her, IMO.

REhorror

Educated
She has actual crab arms? I missed that. I said something in dialogue that caused her assistant to kill her and then run away. The assistant being an evil manipulator was a twist you can see coming the first time you see her, IMO.
You could convince her to return to her sense, but she admits using unknown technology to prop up Janus. This is a somewhat indirect confession.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I mean, is the game retarded for letting you make a retarded decision, or are you for making it?

Eldar Imperium alliance albeit temporary is pretty common at last as far as I am aware. There are much better ways to maintain the core narrative of Janus (e.g. Governor is secretly Chaos worshipper, bunch of dickhead Eldar refugee, rebellion plot backed by said Eldar) without having Yrlieth role in it and how she joins you so stupid

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I've only tried it at range and the game never lets me use it.
1703342455376.png

std::namespace

look ma! im popular :blush:
HtXSpHM.jpeg

^more reason space combat is retarded, i cant win the space combat guarding this fight (5 enemy ships), but i can fairly easily win this fight, won on frist attempt even though it was dicey

assassins stealth ability is basically invisibility for the ai, which btw makes abletards talent to increase his armor based on the amount of enemies that have him as priority target interesting
and this
YI4yhY4.png

makes you want to respec abletard or someone into a proper armor tank

REhorror

Educated
look ma! im popular :blush:
HtXSpHM.jpeg

^more reason space combat is retarded, i cant win the space combat guarding this fight (5 enemy ships), but i can fairly easily win this fight, won on frist attempt even though it was dicey

assassins stealth ability is basically invisibility for the ai, which btw makes abletards talent to increase his armor based on the amount of enemies that have him as priority target interesting
and this
YI4yhY4.png

makes you want to respec abletard or someone into a proper armor tank
This is Act 2 fight right? I remember doing it last night.
But I don't think the space combat in that system is that hard either.

std::namespace

is there a way to rotate grand strategist aoe? cause its use is fucking dumb, owlscat

REhorror

Educated
is there a way to rotate grand strategist aoe? cause its use is fucking dumb, owlscat
There isn't, but basically follow this rule, if the zone is ahead/behind the GS, it's horizontal, if it's to the left or the right, it's vertical.

They should allow you to rotate them tho.

Is there a reason why Dogmatic choices always score almost half (or even more) as many points as others?
I may be wrong but it feels like there are more dogmatic choices than iconoclast so maybe it's to pace out the rate you'd gain tiers in dogmatic if you'd choose it every time.

Last patch made the later chapters playable or we still in shit territory? Yeah I might restart just to avoid any possible bugs with my save game being from an older version.
Was able to finish the last chapter without any crippling bugs but at least 2 of my companion quests were broken.

View attachment 44890
Its range is dictated by which weapon slot is current and since you can't switch Pasqal's it must be considering his melee attack as his only weapon slot. Death Whisper works fine for Yrliet with a ranged weapon.

REhorror

Educated
Is there a reason why Dogmatic choices always score almost half (or even more) as many points as others?
I may be wrong but it feels like there are more dogmatic choices than iconoclast so maybe it's to pace out the rate you'd gain tiers in dogmatic if you'd choose it every time.

Last patch made the later chapters playable or we still in shit territory? Yeah I might restart just to avoid any possible bugs with my save game being from an older version.
Was able to finish the last chapter without any crippling bugs but at least 2 of my companion quests were broken.

View attachment 44890
Its range is dictated by which weapon slot is current and since you can't switch Pasqal's it must be considering his melee attack as his only weapon slot. Death Whisper works fine for Yrliet with a ranged weapon.
That's so shite for Pascal, but that means I only need to respec Pascal, damn....

user

Savant
This game has a surprisingly short development time. They definately pushed the game out earlier then planned.

My bet is that it's because of the unity engine bullshit earlier this year.
Nah, they didn't particularly affect them in the short term. It's as simple as shitty management. I did see unreal developer positions in their web site though O.o
Wish it was only bugs, but it ain't. It's content too that is incomplete or obvious that was put together in a hurry without much consideration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom