Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Mortmal

Arcane
I made hundreds of posts on the subject and don't feel like repeating myself again, but BG3 gameplay is literally one of the worst ever.
Lies! In 20-30 years, you'll still be here, bumping the Baldur's Gate 3 thread like a solemn vigil, warning people about how terrible and awful the game is.

Shaki

Arbiter
I made hundreds of posts on the subject and don't feel like repeating myself again, but BG3 gameplay is literally one of the worst ever.
Lies! In 20-30 years, you'll still be here, bumping the Baldur's Gate 3 thread like a solemn vigil, warning people about how terrible and awful the game is.
No point, Baldurs Gate 3 will be completely forgotten as soon as a new big thing comes out, in 30 years I will be telling people why Divinity Original Sin 12 is terrible and awful.

Mortmal

Arcane
No point, Baldurs Gate 3 will be completely forgotten as soon as a new big thing comes out, in 30 years I will be telling people why Divinity Original Sin 12 is terrible and awful.
Wont be , its the new gold standard for rpg.

Shaki

Arbiter
Same way FIFA is a gold standard for football games, and CoD is a gold standard for FPS, but does anyone remember and replay the previous game in the cycle, once the new clone drops? No, it becomes forgotten. Normie gold standards have no soul, a shiny consoomer product only lasts until the new shinier version drops.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Same way FIFA is a gold standard for football games, and CoD is a gold standard for FPS, but does anyone remember and replay the previous game in the cycle, once the new clone drops? No, it becomes forgotten. Normie gold standards have no soul, a shiny consoomer product only lasts until the new shinier version drops.
FIFA is dead, it's E(g)A(y) Sports F(u)C(k) now.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I still maintain that the first two acts of Rogue trader are better than Baldur's gate 3.
Rogue Trader's first two chapters are as good as Baldur's Gate 3's first two chapters.

And Rogue Trader's last three chapters are much better than the third chapter of Baldur's Gate 3.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
ga♥

iTwNs3p.jpeg

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I still maintain that the first two acts of Rogue trader are better than Baldur's gate 3.
Rogue Trader is first two chapters are as good as Baldur's Gate 3's first two chapters.

And Rogue Trader's last three chapters is much better than the third chapter of Baldur's Gate 3.
I don't think there's a game out there that has a worse last chapter than Bg 3. It's so weirdly bad, weird tonal shift in the story, out of place egregious homo propaganda, lame combat encounters and so much more disgusting leftism brain rot. It feels like the entire chapter was handed out to Sweet Baby Inc and Larian just stamped aproved it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My answer to their survey.

KqCGDrw.png

I wish I could give 0 or -1 for "balance", for me be consistency of mechanics and lore and be able to do insane shit like one shotting the final boss with 12 animated bags of holding > something balanced. What I hated in psyker powers in this game is it. Scarified the variety and consistency of mechanics and lore for 4e style implementation. Thanks to the awful mechanics of this game, I"m appreciating far more my "telepath"/mind powers and "biomancy" in Geneforge which I finished 1 and an playing 2 right now.

About romance, I only think that if Romance has implications in quests and the world, it can be good. Mount & Blade is the unique RPG which did it right, if you romance a lady, it affects the relationship with her family and gives right to rule, affects even the economy of your cities in a realistic way. If you romance an elf, how would a paladin from a humanocentric faction would react to it? Would they become angry with you? This type of consequences for romances would be much more interesting than the romance in itself.

With the Eldar companion, how both societies would react to an half Eldar children of a influential rogue trader could be very interesting.

But I gave 1 because is not that I like romance, is just that I can see how romance can a good catalyst for interesting stories and situations in a RPG.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

Ah, yes, the survey to see if their player base is interested in a Mass Effect clone action RPG. Then they'll realize no one is interested in action RPGs, but will do it anyway, sales will never reach their expectations, and they'll end up bankrupt or making shovelware for Microsoft Game Pass.
Then everyone will be like that:
pikachu-shocked-face-stunned.gif

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

ArchAngel

Arcane

View attachment 46550
Owlcat making it clear they do not want the business of people in the UK

This poll is so stupid. Why not just Western Europe instead of European Union, why are there six Asian responses and just 1 African one?

Also, more importantly, they should already have the metrics drilling down exactly where their products are purchased.

wtf

Everyone knows EU is one big continent and that Africa has purchase power of one Asia region.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Finally got around to picking this up last week. I've really been enjoying it so far. Or, rather, I was until I got to the Drukhari city. WTF were they thinking? It feels like the beginning of a sequel (ala Irenicus' dungeon in BG2) rather than a continuation of the game I'd been playing up until that point. It's been a real slog to get through.

Also, after the revelations thus far, I think, on my next playthrough, I'm going to defenestrate everyone but Abelard and Cassia and create the rest of my party from scratch.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally got around to picking this up last week. I've really been enjoying it so far. Or, rather, I was until I got to the Drukhari city. WTF were they thinking? It feels like the beginning of a sequel (ala Irenicus' dungeon in BG2) rather than a continuation of the game I'd been playing up until that point. It's been a real slog to get through.

Also, after the revelations thus far, I think, on my next playthrough, I'm going to defenestrate everyone but Abelard and Cassia and create the rest of my party from scratch.
If you are playing Dogmatic you might want to wait until end of act 4 before making this claim :D
Also what did Heinrix do to you? He has been a true follower of the Emperor.
Also didn't you find Ulfar yet?

Ebonsword

Arcane

If you are playing Dogmatic you might want to wait until end of act 4 before making this claim :D

I'm playing Iconoclast (mostly--still need to massacre some idiots/xenos every once in a while to show you're not a pushover).

I'm a bit pissed at Heinrix for betraying me to that other Inquisitor in Act 2. Also, from a combat perspective, I feel like I could build a much better psyker than he is (but I may have just messed up building him).

As for Ulfar, I found him in that lab and talked to him, but never seemed to get a chance to recruit him. Might have fucked something up, there.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
As for Ulfar, I found him in that lab and talked to him, but never seemed to get a chance to recruit him. Might have fucked something up, there.

You got Ulfar after some arena matches, depending on your path. Dogmatic characters can get him earlier if you convince the butcher.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I'm playing Iconoclast (mostly--still need to massacre some idiots/xenos every once in a while to show you're not a pushover).

I'm a bit pissed at Heinrix for betraying me to that other Inquisitor in Act 2. Also, from a combat perspective, I feel like I could build a much psyker than he is (but I may have just messed up building him).

If you are talking about Lord Inquisitor, he has no choice. It is his direct boss, not following his orders = death. Also like Sisters of Battle, younger acolyte Inquisitors are brainwashed to trust their mission and superiors.
They need to survive for a bit longer and experience lots of shit before they can start thinking more for themselves. Also Heinrix told you from the start he is there as much to watch you as he is to help you.
As for his build, you kind of take Psyker powers and raise melee relevant stats and talents for psyker powers. You can respec him once you are on a bridge. Making NPC that works like him is harder as he starts with two psyker focuses (and Indira does too) but you can only get one and you can take another one instead of one of the abilities/powers.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No point, Baldurs Gate 3 will be completely forgotten as soon as a new big thing comes out

Nope. See Skyrim.

Is the game worth playing yet?

Nope. Still there is not a "psyker fixes" mod. For me playing this game without it is like playing nwn2 without spell fixes ie - booooring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom