Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - procedurally generated kingdom management game with ASCII graphics

• Thread starter Robert Jarzebina
  • Start date

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
At work right now...then again...it doesn't look too gamey...
I'll wait till I get home like a good boy/retard :negative:

Developer
Haha I have heard many stories over the years of people who played Warsim at work, school, etc cause it looked like some software

Must have been with sound off though lmao

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Feels like a mix of Utopia ("old" text based browser MMO, (just looked it up, still exists lol)) and CYOA, so far so good :thumbsup:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
After spending some time with it, one thing that I wonder about (and that is kinda keeping me from playing more), is there any "end game" content?

I mean, I put an stop to the
demon invasion, if this can even be considered a spoiler

and conquered all my neighbours, so now I have really nothing to do. Everything has been explored and every fight I could find is fought.

I'd say there are three key system weaknesses I see with the game:

1.) Exploration has too much fluff w/o any seeming purpose.
2.) Combat and the army systems are simplistic, which limits strategies and removes the possibility for interesting gambits.
3.) State management gets sidelined early on, you start skipping throne room visitors etc.

There are a lot of things going on, so kinda hard to put a fix on it. Maybe having something similar to exploration inside your own kingdom, i.e. events that you can return to later. And maybe having special throne room events that you can go through without having to deal with fodder.

Also, please spoil me if any of the artifacts have any real purpose? I tried revisiting most of the locations after buying them, but didn't really see any difference. Maybe I shouldn't have killed everyone I met.

Developer
Thanks for taking the time mate, and totally fair points there!

As for the artifacts, they do different stuff

• Goblin god sceptre - Gain goblins each turn
  • Magic Sack - gold per year
  • Chaos orbs - Make more rand events happen
  • Plague Box - If opened starts a brutal plague that reduces populations across the gameworld until it kills 999999 people
  • Doomstone Fragment - Kills you if you touch it enough
  • Frost Gauntlet - N/A
  • Demon Shield - Protects you from the horde
  • Horn of Demons - Calls a demon army from far away
  • Dumblestaff - If given to a champion with the name Dumble they gain a big buff
  • Gold Telescope - More explore chances
  • Denland Stone - N/A
  • Talent Stone - Muddles up your units
  • Talisman of Brothers - Stops internal bandit factions
  • Obsidian Sword - Battle strength buff
  • Friend of Fearful - Allows diplomacy with Xenophobic nations
  • Cruel Ways to Rule Tome - Unlocks extra evil laws
  • Seers Stone - Allows player to see ghosts (if ghost kingdom exists gives unique interactions)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Heh, especially the Frost Gauntlet is a giant red herring. I was sure there'd be something that unlock at the location.

I did chuckle a bit at the "Cruel Ways to Rule". That there is a golden game idea by itself. A game where the player needs to come up with the most lawful evil bureaucratic hellscape as possible, without getting overthrown in a rebellion (or killing everyone off).

Developer
Haha, yeah the I genuinely think plans for the frost gauntlet are burried somewhere on my PC

I will have to revisit that soon haha

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I just want a bit more lovin' for slaves. Is that too much to ask for :argh:

Developer
Hello! New Update live!

Warsim 1.1.5 (Vassalisation War Update)

* Adds the ability to attack kingdoms and force them to be a vassal
* Some new musicians to the music guild
* Bugfixes and undead tweaks
* 2 new lands beyond encounters
* Some new content (kingdom names/hero names)
* Extras' Generators screen better displayed
* Recruiter knight system reworked

See the full changelog and screenshots here!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/659540/view/4205873192595978534

Aemar

Arcane
What are you planning for your next game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom