Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will the account upgrade go into Wasteland fund? Otherwise how will I get the recognition I deserve want

Should I repeat?

"all donations this month will be taken for the project unless stated otherwise in the donation"

:rpgcodex:

that wasn't posted when I typed my post, plus:
On the page with the "Submit donation" (or whatever) from PayPal, there is a small "+" sign that, if you click it, expands into a text entry box where you can type a note to the donation recipient.
There is no such feature on the account upgrade form.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
I see that majority of people on kickstarter say ' I played fallout 1 and 2 but never played wasteland... here is 50$'. Oh the dissapointment when they will find out that Wasteland 2 is not a Fallout clone... no S.P.E.C.I.A.L, no funky perks, no aiming in body parts during combat, no 'you are the lonesome vault hero that can take on whole enclave in a power armor....
Instead you have a party of soldiers more like jagged alliance.
And who's saying that that would be a bad thing? If they manage to pull of JA2-quality combat in a post-apocalyptic setting and more non-combat-related content compared to JA2, then it would be the best thing that happened to computer games in a long, long time.

Not saying it would be bad, just those who expect another Fallout would be dissapointed.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
As far as I know, what Fargo originally meant was that they wanted $1,000,000 on Kickstarter, but dropped it to $900,000 instead.

Then Fargo will add another $100,000 outside of Kickstarter if it doesn't hit $1 million. It wouldn't make sense for him to put his own money into Kickstarter since they take 5% off the top and Amazon takes 5% for processing fees.

So the Kickstarter really needs to hit $900,000 on its own or he doesn't get a penny of it.

Yep. You are correct about this.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What? No. The $100,000 from Brian Fargo is already discounted. This project will cost $1,000,000 not $900,000. You can't just take off another $100,000 and expect Fargo to pay $200,000 himself.

I know now :)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Can we get a running tally of the Codex pledged amount in the first post? If it's close to getting the statue-level then I'll chip in -- otherwise I'll just go solo for my own loots!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Loved the video.

Looks like the haters in the other thread can eat it, a couple people must have heard of fargo after all. I hope it gets to 5 million just to show developers an publishers that people want games that are actually games again.

Will back as soon as my welfare check comes in.

The only thing the "haters" said was that it wasn't going to get more donations than Schafer's adventure game.

Shannow

Waster of Time
300000$ :salute:
I expect at least 450k$ when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Also: Suggestion for a Codex location:
Basement of an amusement park at the edge of the Great Fault (broken codex troll would be at the entrance). It's filled with degenerate muties that consider themselves the original Vault Dwellers. Other NPCs refer to them as basement dwellers.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't Fargo originally want 2 mil? I don't think it'll have trouble hitting 900,000, but it's not gonna have the meteoric rise Double Fine got. Fargo and InXile just don't have the same cachet as Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine.

Anyone know how the Wasteland 2 pitch ranks in terms of amount of $'s requested?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Message to the reader of this thread in year 2022:

First of all, congratulations on being privileged enough to gain access to remnants of ArpaNET.

Isn't it funny how the Codex has shifted from being a site about games, a luxury barely remembered, to more of a Craigslist for potato giveaways in low-rad areas?

Doesn't it all seem so rose-tinted and careless now, the giddy excitement for a game that was meant to portray what is now a cruel reality?

You must go now, stranger. The ArpaNET archive is a fascinating place, a faint reminder of what used to be - but nothing new ever happens here. Save the electricity. No power - no air filtering - no vault.

Shut it off now and get some sleep. Sink into the dreams of a better world you just saw. Rest. You must be alert when the rats come.

MMXI

Arcane
The only thing the "haters" said was that it wasn't going to get more donations than Schafer's adventure game.
Indeed. This is what I said. I'm definitely not a "hater" and I still believe this will fall short of Double Fine's $3,000,000. Having said that, I don't see this as a problem as it's budgeted at $1,000,000, which I think it'll achieve.

hiver

34% funded at 306,000 and change.
10 hours in.

- Syril is talking out of his ass, as usual.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
They should have started it after DoubleFine pledge was over, cause it seems that they got +200.000$ in the last hours. And at least a part of that money could have gone to Fargo.
But this also means that there will probably be a donation rush before the end of this pledge. If it happened for DoubleFine, it will probably happen for Wasteland too.

Also there still are 9 positions open for pledges over 5000$.

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Just donated $20 for that statue or whatever it is in the end, I want a bit of the Codex in the game.

Johannes

Arcane
The only thing similair to Fallout is the post apocalyptic setting and the walking on map,,, Wasteland doesn't even have the 50's post apo setting, so we won't see cool stuff like Fallouts crazy energy weapons, robots etc. Wasteland will be more 'down to earth'.
:hearnoevil:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should have started it after DoubleFine pledge was over, cause it seems that they got +200.000$ in the last hours. And at least a part of that money could have gone to Fargo.

On the contrary, it's a good idea to have many eyes looking at Kickstarter at the moment you start your own project. When somebody arrives to donate or upgrade their pledge to DF at the last minute, they'll notice Wasteland 2.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Someone should send this image to Fargo

PWymK.jpg

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pledged 115$ to kickstarter and 10$ to the statue. Had to cancell my dumbass impulse buy 5itman and Max BRBR 3 preorders to afford it so it's fucking win win. :thumbsup: Say no to popamoles!

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
As if people who enjoy Fallout 1 & 2 care primarily about power-armors, the specific role-playing engine or shooting body parts.

If it has an immersive world, good writing, some choice & consequence and fun, tactical combat, people will be perfectly happy.

Denim Demon

Educated
Project: Eternity
Just spend some of my superior euro-dollars for that statue thingie. Codex doing its own mini-crowd-funding to support some old-school RPG gaming is pretty cool.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Endorsed by CliffyB. Wasteland 2 has much love from Epic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom