Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
900K will happen, let's see if 1.5 mil can also happen. :salute:

Also,

:bravo:

Good job everyone, this excitement won't last forever, so savor it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Falloutgod13 has to be a troll. He clearly has never played Wasteland at all and has no idea what it's about. I second the urge to punch that fuck in the throat.

His post about music convinced me that he's likely to be a troll.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, heh, I just saw that and edited my post. It's sad that people feel the need to troll this thing.

In the end I have faith that Fargo is a smart guy and isn't going to be phased by what is clearly ridiculously stupid suggestions. As though they're going to blow their small budget licensing songs or giving you the opportunity to engage in emotionally engaging butt sex in the desert.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Hey, hey, HEY! Slow down a bit! I want to donate, i just can't do it this month, as i already pledged the maximum amount of jewgold i could. I really want to be a part of this 'though, don't leave a bro behind!

Don't think they are going to make the donation until closer to the end of the Kickstarter drive. Who know the Codex might get to $10K.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, the codex donation could be something on the side, unrelated to the regular pledges. I definitively think 7.5k if not more is doable at this point.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, heh, I just saw that and edited my post. It's sad that people feel the need to troll this thing.

In the end I have faith that Fargo is a smart guy and isn't going to be phased by what is clearly ridiculously stupid suggestions. As though they're going to blow their small budget licensing songs or giving you the opportunity to engage in emotionally engaging butt sex in the desert.
Yeah, the guy have decades in production experience, he knows he has a short budget and things that all the fans hope for, no way he is gonna waste then on things no one expects from the game. And he made fun of the "romance vampires" idea on the video.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What is going to be awesome is people bitching and moaning for the next year and a half because they feel like they have sort of say in the direction the game should go because they put in their $15.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is going to be awesome is people bitching and moaning for the next year and a half because they feel like they have sort of say in the direction the game should go because they put in their $15.

Wondering how this whole "donator input" thing is going to play out?
Hopefully by smiling and nodding politely and then making the best game they possibly can.

almondblight

Arcane
I don't really feel confident in the ability of InXile to make a good game.
Now, if it was late dear Sir-tech (more or less the equivalent of Schafer and Gilbert).

I was pretty skeptical at first, but Fargo's been saying and doing all the right things. Even if he's just posing, he'd be posing as a champion of top down, turn-based combat, choices and consequences, etc. When was the last time we heard that from any non-indie developer?

Well played, Mr. Fargo. You've earned my donation.

Stabwound

Arcane
The worst thing is that the forums are open to ANYONE, not just donators. He didn't even limit it to people that donated and I don't think that's even possible now that the kickstarter is launched because you can't alter the tiers at all once it's going.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jeeze. Between my donations on kickstarter and here on the Codex, this is easily the most I've ever payed for a game.

But I guess when you consider all the money I haven't been able to spend on quality turn-based RPGs over the years, it's nothing.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think we have to worry about any Gaiderisms in Wasteland 2. It's just a couple of dumbasses posting shit, in fact, and I think the op of that thread is a troll anyway.
What kind of creature would even DARE to troll such a glorious project? Also, I'm almost punching my monitor to see if I can hit that falloutgod13 asshole.

:x
Bryce mang

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
$876,733 pledged of $900,000 goal

obama_crying_20081104.jpg

I guess we really were the ones we were waiting for.

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm staying up to watch this hit $900,000 and see Fargo's response. I'm hoping that it hits it quickly with people donating a bunch to see it hit the mark. :D

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Hopefully by smiling and nodding politely and then making the best game they possibly can.

Well, yeah, duh.

I think they'll see what things people really are against or for but beyond that it'll be:

"Oh, oh ok. Yes. Yes, good. Very good."

*ignores*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom