Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #27: Routine Progress Report

Lancehead

Liturgist
InXile really dropped the ball with WL2 updates. The only worthwhile updates in all these months were the video footage and the Ask-a-Dev event.

Can you provide a Kickstarter that does a better job of updates?

Just curious.
Project Eternity. There are a lot of filler updates, but also many updates that generated plenty of discussion on the site.

Some of such updates are: melee engagement rules, door mechanics, pantheon design, attack resolution, core classes starting abilities, armour design etc.

But regardless of comparison to other Kickstarter projects, WL2 updates have underwhelming on their own.

hiver

Isnt that obvious? Does it need to be spelled out?

and it makes as much difference as i said it would. Nothing.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Oh cool. The never played Wasteland crew starts up yet again. :roll:

Yes, it's been overrun with those who have played Arcanum. Deal with it!
What in the fucking hell does that have to do with anything?

Oh for sucks sakes. THERE'S A SENSIBILITIES DIFFERENCE! Some of us who pledged for Wasteland 2 were promised something like Fallout, and it's apparent now that they're trying to go for something between Wasteland 1 and Fallout. I prefer Fallout/Arcanum over Wasteland 1, and look at it as a progression. SO, when I think "HARDKORE RPGEE" games like Arcanum and Fallout come to mind, and it's something I'm enthusiastic about, not goofy shit.

hiver

ey, that isnt true. we were not promised something like fallout at all. thematically.
sorry but no.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Retard detected indeed. Try paying attention next time you fucking mouth-breather.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
They never promised Fallout. They just made the Wasteland-Fallout spiritual successor connection as evident as possible during the campaign for obvious reasons.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Teaches you right to associate a game to its tone or story rather than the mechanics. :troll:

Although the game was also compared to JA2 if I'm not mistaken and even though JA2 is not quite Wasteland-level silly it's still not a serious game.

hiver

They promised Fallout style of combat and some other smaller features which crosspolinated between two games anyway. So many took it a bit wrong.

It's called WASTELAND 2. Retards detected. :lol:
HUE HUE HUE HUEEEE!! AAHAHAHARRGHHAGAGHAGA!

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Ok, maybe "promised" was the wrong word to use. I apologize for the mistake. I pledged hoping for a turn-based, party-based post-apocalyptic RPG with a grim SERIOUS setting. because that's the vibe I got from the pitch. No, I haven't played Wasteland 1 and I never will, so forget about that. The question is, will the atmosphere remain consistently grim even by adding something silly like M.A.D. whatever-the-fuck?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hopefully Fargo will add Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb to Wasteland 2 and we shoot them.

(Brayko and hi/v/er)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
No, I haven't played Wasteland 1 and I never will, so forget about that. The question is, will the atmosphere remain consistently grim even by adding something silly like M.A.D. whatever-the-fuck?

Are you shitting me, man? Wasteland is not a serious game! Eat AIDS and die already.

hiver

Whats your IQ jaesun. really. 35?
because thats what you posts look like.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
No, I haven't played Wasteland 1 and I never will, so forget about that. The question is, will the atmosphere remain consistently grim even by adding something silly like M.A.D. whatever-the-fuck?

Are you shitting me, man? Wasteland is not a serious game! Eat AIDS and die already.

Fuck off. Fartknocker. I eat turds like you for breakfast.

Stabwound

Arcane
I can't fault someone for not playing Wasteland, but you really have no right to complain with the results when it has influences from the first game. I know they namedropped Fallout a lot during the kickstarter campaign, but I don't think they ever portrayed it as grimdark.

EG

Nullified
. . . SERIOUS setting.

You interpreted something incorrectly then.

That said, I'm not a fan of the mad monks because they look too manufactured and clean (something which might not translate into their in-game model). Part of my initial fear was that these monks would be a fairly common trash mob, thus diminishing the idea that nuclear weapons were serious shit (yes, even in a lolzy setting . . .) and should be feared. Hopefully, they will be limited in use, sort of like the humorous encounters in the first two Fallouts.

By itself, a cult that worships ionizing radiation and its effects doesn't have to be interpreted as lolz, though.

I eat turds

Hear that, hiver? You've got a friend!

Shh, don't encourage Hiver. His posts been rather balanced lately.

I can't fault someone for not playing Wasteland, but you really have no right to complain with the results when it has influences from the first game.

No right to complain? On this site? :lol:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Infinitron, bro, you didn't mention the thing that, IMHO, is the most important in this update: The fact that they show some of the crowdsourced assets:
ox1wsUg.jpg

...and that they look really good. That's some nice :incline: right there.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Whats your IQ jaesun. really. 35?
because thats what you posts look like.

Countless grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. It appears that Hiver is the one with the substandard IQ.

Ok, maybe "promised" was the wrong word to use. I apologize for the mistake. I pledged hoping for a turn-based, party-based post-apocalyptic RPG with a grim SERIOUS setting. because that's the vibe I got from the pitch. No, I haven't played Wasteland 1 and I never will, so forget about that. The question is, will the atmosphere remain consistently grim even by adding something silly like M.A.D. whatever-the-fuck?

So if you haven't even played Wasteland then why in the fuck are you now indignant that WASTELAND 2 doesn't take a 'serious' tone? Had you played or even knew anything about the first game you'd know it's not all that serious.

Severian Silk

Wish the game was ready now. I want to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom