Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #27: Routine Progress Report

hiver

Such people aren't growing, they're stagnating, rotting on the inside, they're fanboys. Fanboys of old toys, they allow themselves to be eaten up by larger fish if they like the color of the fish, they don't defend their own integrity because they have none, so they rationalize and defend their superior, the picture that's drawn to be eaten up by little fish like them, it's all they have.
You mean like those stagnated Fallout fans - you cheap hypocrite?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The MAD Bomber Gang is straight out of Fallout 3, right down to the mini nuke grenades.

In before Wasteland 2 having a super serious, super dramatic, well written side quest where you must convince a cornered, reluctant M.A.D. Bomber to defuse himself and return to normal human society, even though he understands that all the radiation he has absorbed means he may only have a short time to live in it.

hiver

Luckily, its straight from original Wasteland. Not facepalm 3.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Such people aren't growing, they're stagnating, rotting on the inside, they're fanboys. Fanboys of old toys, they allow themselves to be eaten up by larger fish if they like the color of the fish, they don't defend their own integrity because they have none, so they rationalize and defend their superior, the picture that's drawn to be eaten up by little fish like them, it's all they have.

Oh, goodie, please join Bethesda's boards, you'll find many like-minded people there.

Anyway, I didn't care much about the setting of Wasteland. I definitely didn't find it silly in a good way and it was hardly the selling point of the game. So I certainly didn't pledge to W2 for the great chance of running through giant vegetables again, but for the gameplay that was promised. I can live with Fargo's funny killer clowns.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

Oh dear. How maudlin.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The MAD Bomber Gang is straight out of Fallout 3, right down to the mini nuke grenades.

In before Wasteland 2 having a super serious, super dramatic, well written side quest where you must convince a cornered, reluctant M.A.D. Bomber to defuse himself and return to normal human society, even though he understands that all the radiation he has absorbed means he may only have a short time to live in it.
uDe7IiJ.png

Diablo169

Arcane

uDe7IiJ.png

Fucking panini, i'm still laughing here :lol:

EG

Nullified
. . . good argument.

And you don't (not that I'm great at it myself). Try to express and expand on your own points, rather than waiting for someone like Maxon to do it for you, neh?

So, why is a radiation cult automatically something that pisses you off?

Alternative response: :2/5:

How Super Mutants, Children of Cathedral and Master is more serious in tone than M.A.D. monks and why?

That's a good question and I'm having difficulty in expressing an adequate answer, unfortunately. At least until there's yet-more on how they'll appear in the game. Tentatively, I have to suggest that they no less serious than the above selection, though that can change based on how they're used.

Perhaps it's even as simple as "Super Mutants, Children of Cathedral and the Master" are fleshed out and complete in Fallout and I've assumed that lack in the M.A.D. monks will be present in the game.

That is, rather than try to make an interesting story around them, it'll just be "Ala-Akbar!""For Titan!" and a little itty-bitty mushroom cloud, and that'll be it.

Huh. :(

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Hope their next update is about the actual skill system and/or combat mechanics. The game will be all about the combat and skill use, more so than the world they are building.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
EG , I tried very hard to understand just who exactly you are addressing and what exactly it is you are trying to convey with that post but I'm sorry to say I've come up empty.

:hmmm:

EG

Nullified
EG , I tried very hard to understand just who exactly you are addressing and what exactly it is you are trying to convey with that post but I'm sorry to say I've come up empty.

Well, let's try one last time then: "How Super Mutants, Children of Cathedral and Master is more serious in tone than M.A.D. monks and why?"

The answer is their implementation.

M.A.D. monks aren't yet something we've experienced in Wasteland 2. This results in the assumption that their implementation will be shallow (Fallout 3), and therefore unable to be taken seriously as antagonists (contrasting super mutants, Children of the Cathedral, and the Master in Fallout).

Is this still flawed or incomprehensible?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
I was referring to the first half of your post. The second is obvious, though I don't share your view.

EG

Nullified

How the hell did that happen? :lol:

Either I'm an idiot or XenForo is fucking with me.

I know the type, they're bubbly white night pieces of dogshit who lack backbone so they use what little energy they have to defend things they like to their fullest and reasoning out a second opinion in a logical and sensible manner is impossible.

EDIT: I make fun of VD a lot but at least he knows how to put up a good argument.

Vival

Erudite
By itself, a cult that worships ionizing radiation and its effects doesn't have to be interpreted as lolz, though.

It's just that this isn't how superstition seems to work. Worshiping a god that punishes/blesses(mutations are awesome!) via radiation? Sure, in a rather silly setting like this that makes sense. Like in reality sun worship isn't that unusual for obvious reasons but i doubt that there was ever a religion formed around the worship of thermal radiation itself.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

uDe7IiJ.png
Brian Fargo should be made aware of this.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

uDe7IiJ.png

CORRECTION: the nuclear monks segment was far stupider than this screenshot would suggest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom