Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #33: Wasteland 1 Standalone Release, New Screenshots

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Stock up those Wasteland copies

I don't see how not liking the inclusion of a superfluous and ugly graphics trick equates to being a graphics whore.
Caring about graphics at all makes you a graphics whore. In fact if you wear glasses, you're a graphics whore.

Direwolf

Arcane
I don't see how not liking the inclusion of a superfluous and ugly graphics trick equates to being a graphics whore.

That's a fucking definition of being a graphics whore.
I am the biggest graphics whore out of all my friends and people that I know. I'd rather lose 5-10 fps, but look at nicer models/textures/shadows any day of the week, but that DoF effect doesn't bother me at all. That's saying a lot about the rest of you Codex fuckers.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So this is the thread where "graphics whore" loses all meaning like "larper" has?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah. Because both are not only:

Pretty fuckin' hard to understand...

...but also...

Wicked important to the English language.

Cipher

That's a fucking definition of being a graphics whore.

I am the biggest graphics whore out of all my friends and people that I know. I'd rather lose 5-10 fps, but look at nicer models/textures/shadows any day of the week, but that DoF effect doesn't bother me at all. That's saying a lot about the rest of you Codex fuckers.

You just have different aesthetic sensibilty/taste, then. Graphics whore seems to imply someone who is more interested in graphics or gameplay. Criticizing the inclusion of a shitty effect that has no reason for being there doesn't mean you think graphics are more important than gameplay. Criticizing an unnecessary addition that actively makes the game look worse (ubiquitous colour filters, bloom or DoF, say) is also different from fixating on graphics quality as solely determining the quality of the game. Choosing better graphics and style (ie. no tasteless DoF) is obvious, for a graphics whore or otherwise, especially if attaining them is as simple as turning off a superfluous, nonsensical effect. There's no sacrifice required of gameplay or content to achieve the graphical improvement.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Graphics whore seems to imply someone who is more interested in graphics or gameplay.

Nah. The moment you say one thing, nevermind what, regarding graphics you're a graphics whore.
Monocled gentlemen, like TwinkieGorilla, don't lower themselves like this. They discuss important stuff, like how they don't care about graphics or what other people say. :obviously:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, that would be more important entertaining than discussing graphics, imo. I'll give that a shot!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I forgot what was the news piece behind that graphics discussion.
Wasteland is being removed from abandonware sites
Press will see the more advanced version of the game before you GET HYPE OMG
Bunch of old screenshots and some portrait art as update filler

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom